• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

interesting read on 49'ers

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's PRESEASON good lord. I remember when the Lions went 4-0 and then went 0-16.

Everyone is raving about the Broncos right now, give me a break. Even in the Seattle game, like 2 inactives vs. 18 Seattle inactives (and ONE starter, a rookie, on the O-Line).

*YAWN*

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about you give me a break...Bronco fans know it is preseason and not to get too excited. Yes the media might be going a bit crazy but it is not like the Broncos have been working with a full lineup yet either. On defense they are missing 2 of the best players in Miller and Harris (both finished top-5 on PFF for their positions). There are many others missing like that of Trevathan, Vickerson, Webster (all starters last year for the defense) and on offense they have been missing their starting RB in Ball and #2 receiver in Sanders. That is just the starting unit.

The reason the Broncos didn't have as many inactives as the Seahawks in that game is because it was a home game for the Broncos. The players were at the stadium but it doesn't mean they played. The Broncos had something like 15 of the players that were listed as active not actually play. So add that with the 2 inactives and that is right there with the Seahawks. Nice try though.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoa this is not a troll thread........merely saw the article , read it.........saw some intriguing stats so i posted it..........settle

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about that SteelersPride...just have seen that 18 inactive stat thrown out so many times by some Seattle fans like it should mean something...Whether it is preseason or not you play with what you got.

For the actual article the 49ers will be fine. The offense is breaking in quite a few new weapons and that takes time. They moved the ball decently just couldn't finish off the drives with the 1st unit. Defensively with that many starters out playing what was at least last year the highest scoring offense in NFL history is going to lead to some bad things happening.

The only thing I would worry a bit about for the 49ers would be that maybe the depth isn't quite what some had hoped it would be. The young unproven players had some do decent and others look embarrassing. Preseason though there are going to be a lot of miscommunications. This is the time to do it. Plus with both sides playing very vanilla and setting up in ways they most likely wouldn't during the season very often have to think things will be very different once the season starts.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Preseason.

Show me any team that doesn't have a few issues at this point.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any reason to panic and record doesn't really much matter.

But you do want to see some solid play from your starters and your 2s.

You don't like to see your team get blownout.

If the Niners get man handled again in week 3, I would say there might be some cause for concern. But ultimately score lines aren't any issue. The issue is how they actually played.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any reason to panic and record doesn't really much matter.

But you do want to see some solid play from your starters and your 2s.

You don't like to see your team get blownout.

If the Niners get man handled again in week 3, I would say there might be some cause for concern. But ultimately score lines aren't any issue. The issue is how they actually played.

which was bad

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's PRESEASON good lord. I remember when the Lions went 4-0 and then went 0-16.

Everyone is raving about the Broncos right now, give me a break. Even in the Seattle game, like 2 inactives vs. 18 Seattle inactives (and ONE starter, a rookie, on the O-Line).

*YAWN*

The Bronco's definitely had these 2 pre season games marked on there calender after the shalaking Seattle gave them, they wanted to show the world they can hang with the NFC West teams, I mean Peyton tried to QB sneak a first down and almost got his head taken off by Aldon Smith they were going all out.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn ... Pre season... It's been nothing but a flag happy try out fest...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bronco's definitely had these 2 pre season games marked on there calender after the shalaking Seattle gave them, they wanted to show the world they can hang with the NFC West teams, I mean Peyton tried to QB sneak a first down and almost got his head taken off by Aldon Smith they were going all out.

I agree.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And aside from injuries and season ticket holders having to pay full price for pre season games, none of this matters.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's your opinion and you're welcome to it. While the Broncos have looked pretty good in the pre-season so far, no one in Denver is penciling them in for a return trip to the Superbowl just yet. The Broncos have been focused on three areas of opportunity this off season. 1) A tougher and more physical team in all three phases. Some of this was addressed in the draft and free agency and some of it is to be a result of mental focus. No way to measure whether or not they've moved the needle here but they seem to have added some potential toward this goal. Only time will tell if they are able to shed the "finesse team" only moniker. 2) Improve the takeaway/giveaway category. So far so good in the preseason, but that has no bearing on the regular season. 3) Present a more balanced offensive attack. The running game is a priority for the Broncos, even though they are a passing first team. Need to keep defenses honest by presenting a threat to run. Definitely a work in progress so far.

I'm pleased with the Broncos approach to the upcoming season so far. No doubt, the schedule is going to provide a much tougher road to the playoffs than last year but should also work in better preparing the Broncos to be successful, should they get there. The Broncos and their fans should not apologize for the team's successful performance in the pre-season to date.

Much has been shared about opposing fans thinking that the Broncos are playing their Superbowl in the preseason. That couldn't be further from the truth. They're running very vanilla schemes and taking great caution with players returning from injury. Just because they're winning while taking this approach doesn't mean that they are going "all in". It's pre-season for God's sake!

Go Broncos!

MH64

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your opinion and you're welcome to it. While the Broncos have looked pretty good in the pre-season so far, no one in Denver is penciling them in for a return trip to the Superbowl just yet. The Broncos have been focused on three areas of opportunity this off season. 1) A tougher and more physical team in all three phases. Some of this was addressed in the draft and free agency and some of it is to be a result of mental focus. No way to measure whether or not they've moved the needle here but they seem to have added some potential toward this goal. Only time will tell if they are able to shed the "finesse team" only moniker. 2) Improve the takeaway/giveaway category. So far so good in the preseason, but that has no bearing on the regular season. 3) Present a more balanced offensive attack. The running game is a priority for the Broncos, even though they are a passing first team. Need to keep defenses honest by presenting a threat to run. Definitely a work in progress so far.

I'm pleased with the Broncos approach to the upcoming season so far. No doubt, the schedule is going to provide a much tougher road to the playoffs than last year but should also work in better preparing the Broncos to be successful, should they get there. The Broncos and their fans should not apologize for the team's successful performance in the pre-season to date.

Much has been shared about opposing fans thinking that the Broncos are playing their Superbowl in the preseason. That couldn't be further from the truth. They're running very vanilla schemes and taking great caution with players returning from injury. Just because they're winning while taking this approach doesn't mean that they are going "all in". It's pre-season for God's sake!

Go Broncos!

MH64

If I was a Bronco fan, I would see it the same as you.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how LITTLE quite a few starters are playing, we are seeing our 2's playing against 1's and shifting our 3's up as well. Our ENTIRE DL didn't play a single down between the 3 of them. We have young players like Borland and Ward in positions making calls, switches , audibles as rookies and because of that, we have some confusion. Also, our backup QBs I would give to you in exchange for a spittoon and a can of Cope but I don't think you would take that deal....too rich I'm sure.

When Kap was in, our offense was moving and we were fine. When slap-dick Gabbert starting chucking ducks, we were doomed and it retarded our offensive growth/progress. But I have seen a TON of positives and don't agree with it in general.

Also, saying Kap was off is pretty much bullshit because for the 1st time, he was looking at his reads and would check down. I almost creamed myself when I saw him look at 3 different WRs before dumping it to the RB on the flat. That's exactly what Niner fans have been screaming for from that guy.

I am more concerned with the health of those sitting out like Anthony Davis, Ian Williams, Justin Smith, Bowman, and Brock then I am of the final score of a pre-season game.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well for starters the 9ers have never been a great preseason team under Harbaugh and the trend continues this year. The 2011 preseason was so bad that most were convinced we'd be in the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes.

In terms of this preseason it looks really bad due to a combination of horrid backup QB play and the depth behind our starters is young and inexperienced. Neither of which will have much of an impact on our regular season as long as the injuries don't pile up.

The positives I took out of it were despite the numbers I was pretty pleased with the way Kap looked. One of his biggest knocks was his ability to go through progressions and I was happy to see him go through them and hit the check down man on a few plays. The only thing is I would like to see a bit better ball placement but off hand aside from one pass I thought the passes he threw were catchable.

And I'm actually excited about some of our young guys that are coming up. There were some good individual performances and guys I can see being contributors this season and possible starters in the future.

There are legit concerns mind you like with the backup QB position, who takes Bowman's spot till he gets back, and despite the fact I feel the secondary problem is way overblown I am concerned with Culliver out there with him coming back from a knee injury along with Ward to a certain extent who will go through typical rookie CB growing pains.