• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In your face Patrick Reed .. Jordan Spieth burys a 25 footer to win playoff.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reality they both played great golf in the end. Would have liked to see Ohair get the monkey of his back too.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 3 of them played great to close it out. Spieth would have been beside himself if he lost after blowing that putt on the first playoff hole. I'm not saying it was an easy putt but it certainly wasn't tough.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spieth was pretty classy about it as well. He said he got a little lucky and if it didn't happen to go in he would have had a tough 4 foot slider to deal with because the pace wasn't that great on it.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun playoff. Jordan's dropped while Sean's didn't. Reed missed all three greens.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun playoff. Jordan's dropped while Sean's didn't. Reed missed all three greens.

Yeah, I thought the playoff was kinda "meh". At least I was in a bar and with the sound being drowned out by the Jukebox I didn't have to listen to you know who :pound:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really have to start paying attention to Reed's game late on Sunday...I'm wondering if his dancing feet are effecting his ball striking when he's nervous....the flyer that airmailed the green in the playoff was just that...awesome up and down there.

Spieth made the most critical putts on Sunday...didn't realize this only his 2nd PGAT win...I thought for sure he creamed the field in back to back wins LY, but maybe one was on the Euro.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see 2 young Americans battling. Raising the bar!

kap1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really have to start paying attention to Reed's game late on Sunday...I'm wondering if his dancing feet are effecting his ball striking when he's nervous....the flyer that airmailed the green in the playoff was just that...awesome up and down there.

Spieth made the most critical putts on Sunday...didn't realize this only his 2nd PGAT win...I thought for sure he creamed the field in back to back wins LY, but maybe one was on the Euro.

Yeah, he won the Aussie open by 6 and Tiger's World Challenge by 10 in back to back.

Trophy2014.jpg

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want Spieth win tournaments. I kinda don't want him to be a version of Ricky Fowler. A guy who is real popular and is always contending but just can't collect the wins. It's hard to believe Ricky only has 1 win. And in the majors last year he was 5th 2nd 2nd & 3rd ...that is unbelievable and tragic at the same time.

Ricky needs just 1 major to legitimize his entire career. I hope it's a jacket

Side note: Spieth is 6'1" ? ....that was a big surprise to me.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Spieth win tournaments. I kinda don't want him to be a version of Ricky Fowler. A guy who is real popular and is always contending but just can't collect the wins. It's hard to believe Ricky only has 1 win. And in the majors last year he was 5th 2nd 2nd & 3rd ...that is unbelievable and tragic at the same time.

Ricky needs just 1 major to legitimize his entire career. I hope it's a jacket

Side note: Spieth is 6'1" ? ....that was a big surprise to me.

I think the big difference is that Spieth is so young and he seems hungrier. He goes out there you get the impression that he's out there expecting to win, and he brings it every weekend. Rory's obviously the guy right now but he has moments where he just seems to check out mentally from time to time. The next thing for Spieth is that first major, which is kind of ridiculous to say given the fact he isn't even 22 yet. When he gets that under his belt he's going to be really tough to beat.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And hopefully he doesn't buy into the guys pointing out the flaws in his swing. Seems like things are working pretty good for him right now. Not that there's no room for improvement but listening to some of these commentators you'd think his swing was fatally flawed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the big difference is that Spieth is so young and he seems hungrier. He goes out there you get the impression that he's out there expecting to win, and he brings it every weekend. Rory's obviously the guy right now but he has moments where he just seems to check out mentally from time to time. The next thing for Spieth is that first major, which is kind of ridiculous to say given the fact he isn't even 22 yet. When he gets that under his belt he's going to be really tough to beat.

Spieth...imo the jury is still out on whether he will be the next great player...we're seeing great spurts of golf by a few guys then they taper off (Stenson, Kaymer, Kooch, Rory obviously)...I will say...he seems to have the IT factor...makes the key putts to keep you in it...not afraid of the big moment.

IMO Rory has fallen in love with distance...when he's got the driver going straight, he's going to have enough birdie looks to win any tourney...when he's not, he's making more bogeys right now.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reality they both played great golf in the end. Would have liked to see Ohair get the monkey of his back too.
Ya, I was rooting for any one of them but I just love the gritty, never-quit golf that Reed plays. I like Speith a lot too but I feel bad for O'Hair. He played very well and I don't know how that putt on the 2nd playoff hole did not go in.