• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In Scot We Trust

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"In Scot We Trust" is an oft-cited jingle a lot of us Redskins fans have chanted ever since he became head honcho over football operations for the club. He's rewarded us well by making shrewd, cap-friendly moves in free agency. Now he embarks on a new challenge, that being his first draft with the Redskins and what he'll do with the fifth overall pick.

Whatever he does do with it, either picking an OLB, o-linemen, trading down or otherwise, I'll continue to trust him (unless he does something awfully bizarre like selecting a punter). It should also be noted that while Scot has been a good drafter in the past, some of his picks have busted. But even the best GMs (like him) have had rough spots.

So, after the draft is over, I'd say we should all concur in what he does. And for me, that means respecting a decision to take Scherff or an o-lineman with that pick. No bickering, backbiting, etc. Trust the guy who's being paid millions and who's had an established track record to make the right decisions.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"In Scot We Trust" is an oft-cited jingle a lot of us Redskins fans have chanted ever since he became head honcho over football operations for the club. He's rewarded us well by making shrewd, cap-friendly moves in free agency. Now he embarks on a new challenge, that being his first draft with the Redskins and what he'll do with the fifth overall pick.

Whatever he does do with it, either picking an OLB, o-linemen, trading down or otherwise, I'll continue to trust him (unless he does something awfully bizarre like selecting a punter). It should also be noted that while Scot has been a good drafter in the past, some of his picks have busted. But even the best GMs (like him) have had rough spots.

So, after the draft is over, I'd say we should all concur in what he does. And for me, that means respecting a decision to take Scherff or an o-lineman with that pick. No bickering, backbiting, etc. Trust the guy who's being paid millions and who's had an established track record to make the right decisions.

Agree 100%. That might sound like homerism, but for me it comes down to the fact that the three teams he was associated with in the past - Packers, 49ers & Seahawks are three of the teams that have built their teams better than just about anyone in the NFL in the recent past. Until he proves otherwise you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. However - I can understand the skeptics given what we have been through over the last 15 or so years.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%. That might sound like homerism, but for me it comes down to the fact that the three teams he was associated with in the past - Packers, 49ers & Seahawks are three of the teams that have built their teams better than just about anyone in the NFL in the recent past. Until he proves otherwise you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. However - I can understand the skeptics given what we have been through over the last 15 or so years.

Amen to that, brother. I'm expecting great things from this guy. As long as he stays away from the LaPhroig, he'll be okay.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not going to concur on everything he does like some mindless zombie . he can be wrong and already could have been wrong

doesnt mean i dislike him or what he is doing but i am not blindly following anyone like some mindless sheep being led to slaughter

no wonder the world is in trouble , we have a bunch of people who cant think for themselves

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he is building through draft and not doing the quick fix it is a huge step in the right direction. i like his moves on D on paper.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not going to concur on everything he does like some mindless zombie . he can be wrong and already could have been wrong

doesnt mean i dislike him or what he is doing but i am not blindly following anyone like some mindless sheep being led to slaughter

no wonder the world is in trouble , we have a bunch of people who cant think for themselves

No one is saying to uncritically approve of what he's done or will do. As noted in the OP, he's had his busts. But, so far, he's been right on during FA. Now, it's the draft. We'll have to see what he does, but, given his past draft track record and what he's done in FA, near blind faith in him wouldn't be too unjustified.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that is your quote isnt it? and i will criticize him if i feel its warranted and i will never see blind faith in anyone for whatever reason as even a tiny bit justified period end of story no reason for any negotiation .

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that is your quote isnt it? and i will criticize him if i feel its warranted and i will never see blind faith in anyone for whatever reason as even a tiny bit justified period end of story no reason for any negotiation .

I never said you or anyone couldn't do that. For me, I'm going to respect whatever decision he makes unless there's reason to doubt the pick itself or Scot in general. Like I said before, he's made mistakes before. And if he makes another one, he should be held accountable for it. But right now, he's earned our trust. We should give it to him.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excuse me? Again - it really doesn't matter what we think since we are not making the picks or any related moves. I would hardly consider myself (or people who think like me) as a "mindless zombie" nor do I feel that I contribute to the problems of this world (no more or less than you or anyone else).

I am simply stating that this guy has a great track record which - to me - means much more than the opinions of some random fans or mediots (no offense to anyone). Sure - he will make mistakes - as do all great execs. However - I assume that after 3-4 years we will be very happy with the results. I could be wrong - only time will tell.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The decision to extend Griffn or not will be a good indication to me as to whether SM is really in charge and charting his own course. He's got plenty of film to make that determination. IMO that would be a bad move.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me? Again - it really doesn't matter what we think since we are not making the picks or any related moves. I would hardly consider myself (or people who think like me) as a "mindless zombie" nor do I feel that I contribute to the problems of this world (no more or less than you or anyone else).

I am simply stating that this guy has a great track record which - to me - means much more than the opinions of some random fans or mediots (no offense to anyone). Sure - he will make mistakes - as do all great execs. However - I assume that after 3-4 years we will be very happy with the results. I could be wrong - only time will tell.

i wasnt talking to you however i reserve the right to question him at any time i deem needed period whether he knows more then me or not

i like what he has done so far . i dont dislike him , and i will give him the same 3 years i give everyone else

i dont follow anyone blindly nor did i come out and say you did specifically

what i am railing about is people who do that will be deceived

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wasnt talking to you however i reserve the right to question him at any time i deem needed period whether he knows more then me or not

i like what he has done so far . i dont dislike him , and i will give him the same 3 years i give everyone else

i dont follow anyone blindly nor did i come out and say you did specifically

what i am railing about is people who do that will be deceived
Yeah but you always support all of our draft picks and aren't an I told you so kind of guy so I don't really see what youre getting at.