• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In Jurgen We Trust!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Germany isn't Portugal or Ghana. Sure Ghana tied them, but that means nothing to the US Vs Germany game other than the way the standings are. Germany is arguably the most talented team in the world right now. They have an incredibly deep midfield with bench midfielders that would start and star on this US team. They have a defense that is the best this US team has played in this World Cup by far that is backed by one of the top 3 GKs in the world.

Having said this, the most talented team doesn't always win in soccer. Germany should be heavy favorites in this game, but I think Klinsmann can find a way to make this game another close one.

If we play the way we did against Portugal then we are in this match with a chance to win. Jurgen's game plans have been incredible and he will have this team looking elite again on Thursday. Ghana probably should've beaten Germany to be honest. We can get the result against this team we need.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we play the way we did against Portugal then we are in this match with a chance to win. Jurgen's game plans have been incredible and he will have this team looking elite again on Thursday. Ghana probably should've beaten Germany to be honest. We can get the result against this team we need.

Yeah, I don't care about all this shit you just typed. We're gonna win.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this. Jurgen, and both teams players sure are being awfully outspoken about playing to win and there not being some agreement about a predetermined draw. Not saying anything is going on but both sides are trying damn hard to be convincing.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about at the end when Clint ran it down to the corner flag to waste time as is normal and the portguese defender swiped his leg clearly after the ball had gone out? That's a red card offense. No card, no whining from Clint. He limped off the field and Wondo came on, thus adding the extra minute of stoppage time.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Germany isn't Portugal or Ghana. Sure Ghana tied them, but that means nothing to the US Vs Germany game other than the way the standings are. Germany is arguably the most talented team in the world right now. They have an incredibly deep midfield with bench midfielders that would start and star on this US team. They have a defense that is the best this US team has played in this World Cup by far that is backed by one of the top 3 GKs in the world.

Having said this, the most talented team doesn't always win in soccer. Germany should be heavy favorites in this game, but I think Klinsmann can find a way to make this game another close one.

Yeah, I was not saying the US could not garner a result, but I'd have to see it to believe it. I mean, Klose is coming off the bench and he's better than anyone we have up front.

Clearly my opinion is useless as I've been wrong on two occasions, so ignore me if it upsets you so much or tell me how I'm wrong and let me know what I'm missing from a tactical/player perspective.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck drawing the "group of death", fuck last night, fuck Manaus, fuck the 3 day rest. What has happened, has happened because it had too. This is the only way we could show the world that we are for real. We will beat Germany and advance out of the "group of death" as the top team. It is our destiny, our biggest leap. We will come out of this world cup having announced our presence as a team to no longer be fucked with. WE WILL WIN THURSDAY and it will be glorious. Our finest hour.

Anyone got one of those result charts for the German fans?

I win would be the ultimate fuck you to FIFA and the holier than though Euro soccer base.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we somehow pull off the upset against Germany, Jurgen immediately gets his face on the US Soccer Mt Rushmore

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Portugal team consists of players from teams all over Europe, including the EPL. The spent the past year ranked in the Top 5 of FIFA. Portugal is near the talent level of Germany, even if they were down their best defender. While Germany is a different beast in playing style, most had Portugal beating us this game. Most of the books had Portugal beating us by 1 - even 3 goals.

I'm calling a close game. Hopefully at least a draw. But I don't see them shlacking us the way they did Portugal.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way who did you think was more at fault for that last second goal we gave up?

- Michael Bradley for the turnover in the middle of the field

or

- The defensive backs ball watching Ronaldo and failing to mark the danger zone inside the box

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way who did you think was more at fault for that last second goal we gave up?

or

- The defensive backs ball watching Ronaldo and failing to mark the danger zone inside the box

Bradley. Just kick the fucking ball away. What are you doing fucking with it at midfield?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley. He should know better, he could just crush out of bounds even, and it would be fine. Running backwards, it's easy to lose your man, especially when the ball (Ronaldo served) is perfect.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he beats Germany, Leonardo DiCaprio needs to do the right thing and give Jurgen a week on that Yacht he rented in Rio and stocked with Victoria Secrets models. Just give it to Klins, leave at least 6 of the VS pussy posse, and go get a hotel room Leo.

1402523569_1402523599.jpg

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

or

Bradley tried to get fancy with the footwork with less than a minute to go holding a 1 point lead in a WC group match. He handed the other team the ball on a silver platter. It was as dumb a move as that female snowboarder who cost herself a Olympic gold medal by showboating at the end of a race and face planted before crossing the line. It ranks right up there. Probably worse because it could end up costing the US to not make it out of the group stage during a WC.

If this was most 3rd world countries, he already would of been assassinated. He's lucky he wasn't a member of Team Iraq when Saddam was in power. He pulled that and Saddam's son, Uday, would have him kick a cement soccer ball around a prison yard till his foot was a stump, then would of cut off an ear and feed it to one of his pet Lions.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

or

Both?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he beats Germany, Leonardo DiCaprio needs to do the right thing and give Jurgen a week on that Yacht he rented in Rio and stocked with Victoria Secrets models. Just give it to Klins, leave at least 6 of the VS pussy posse, and go get a hotel room Leo.

1402523569_1402523599.jpg

If Jurgen wins he will become immortalized as the new Chuck Norris.

David Fincher will make a biopic film of him starring Christoph Waltz

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this. Jurgen, and both teams players sure are being awfully outspoken about playing to win and there not being some agreement about a predetermined draw. Not saying anything is going on but both sides are trying damn hard to be convincing.

A 1982 World Cup scandal changed soccer forever. | SportsonEarth.com : Brian Blickenstaff Article

The TL/DR version:
In 1982 West Germany played Austria for the final group game. A 1-0 West Germany win would cause both teams to advance. 10 minutes in West Germany scored. For the final 80 minutes of the match both teams just kinda kicked it around with no shots on goal whatsoever.