• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In a draft, how does one determine value??

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really possible? I wonder?..........Have you ever checked out those redo drafts where almost everything changes based on how well or poorly a player has performed since? There have been a whole host of guys that have made their mark in the NFL despite the fact that many deemed them of little value at the professional level. The obvious one is Brady, but a bit closer to home there's B. Mitch, Joe Jacoby et. al.
So, to those who know, help me out here, does position vs. position factor in determining value? What makes a number one pick more valuable than a number eleven pick if each team gets an outstanding player?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really possible? I wonder?..........Have you ever checked out those redo drafts where almost everything changes based on how well or poorly a player has performed since? There have been a whole host of guys that have made their mark in the NFL despite the fact that many deemed them of little value at the professional level. The obvious one is Brady, but a bit closer to home there's B. Mitch, Joe Jacoby et. al.
So, to those who know, help me out here, does position vs. position factor in determining value? What makes a number one pick more valuable than a number eleven pick if each team gets an outstanding player?

it shouldnt . it all is about how good a football player is . what the picks is worth doesnt hold water for me and perhaps only me . my expectations for a draft pick on round and position are well known. a 5th thru 7th rounder is never a bust