• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IMO......A good stout his hard to find.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(lol that may have not sounded right)

I perfer Amber's but once in a while I will be in the mood for a nice smooth stout. I have tried a number of them, but overall....it seems like a hard beer to perfect/make. Am I wrong, brewers?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(lol that may have not sounded right)

I perfer Amber's but once in a while I will be in the mood for a nice smooth stout. I have tried a number of them, but overall....it seems like a hard beer to perfect/make. Am I wrong, brewers?

Stouts aren't hard to perfect or make. I think the issue is people either love or hate the style. There really isn't much middle ground with stouts. I also think Guinness has tainted the perception of the average beer drinker with regard to this style.

Some better stouts to try are Young's Double Chocolate, Sheaf and Coopers. The two I have on tap are really nice, too. Both are Sweet Stouts (as opposed to Foreign, Imperial or Dry), with one being a more traditional Oatmeal recipe, and the other being a vanilla milk stout.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer the mellow stout - Guinness on tap is great. I believe though, after multiple taste tests, that Beamish is the greatest bear on the 3rd Planet. If you ever get a chance to take it from tap, by all means proceed.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer the mellow stout - Guinness on tap is great. I believe though, after multiple taste tests, that Beamish is the greatest bear on the 3rd Planet. If you ever get a chance to take it from tap, by all means proceed.

Beamish is nice. I'm not big on American Guinness. Irish Guinness, on the other hand, is a whole other animal. Different recipe due to the alcohol tax difference between domestic and imported product.

I'll drink Guinness, but it's low on my list of stouts. If there are other alternatives, I'll drink them instead.