• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Im sorry Mussina isnt deserving of HOF.

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, but Smoltz would've been providing more value to his team had he been a starter (I know he was rebounding from surgery, but Smoltz at 200 innings is worth more than him a reliever at 70 innings).

That's right "Darsh"!!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with that.
You think Bonds or Clemens would get in if they dropped dead?

I do.

Same with Rose. For sure on Rose though. I'm not sure on Clemens, but think he'd get the little bump in percentage so long as erybody knew he wouldn't get to give a speech and relish in the moment.

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"i freely admit that didn't know that Roy Halladay was an elite pitcher of his generation, but you should all take me and my opinions seriously"

Get the fuck out of here, clown.

Roy Halladay.....pffftttt - so he threw a no-hitter in BOTH leagues, pitchers do that all the time!!!

The only thing that could keep him out is his piloting skills, one could argue he was on a Corey Lidle level in that regard.

J/K, R.I.P. Roy - you were a BEAST!!!

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought Mussina was better than Glavine, and have always thought 300 wins was the only reason why Glavine was first ballot.

Mussina never had the super dominant Cy Young season like Glavine, but he was far more consistent.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roy Halladay.....pffftttt - so he threw a no-hitter in BOTH leagues, pitchers do that all the time!!!

The only thing that could keep him out is his piloting skills, one could argue he was on a Corey Lidle level in that regard.

J/K, R.I.P. Roy - you were a BEAST!!!

When I think of Roy Halladay, the only thing that comes to mind is Brian McCann's game tying grand slam in what might be the craziest game I can recall.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought Mussina was better than Glavine, and have always thought 300 wins was the only reason why Glavine was first ballot.

Mussina never had the super dominant Cy Young season like Glavine, but he was far more consistent.
Your Mazzone run in Atlanta with the Big 3 is about as loved of a staff as there ever has been.

But I think 300, as a lefty, made it automatic.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Mazzone run in Atlanta with the Big 3 is about as loved of a staff as there ever has been.

But I think 300, as a lefty, made it automatic.

Of the big 3, I've always said Maddux was the best pitcher, Smoltz had the best stuff, and Glavine ran off to the Mets.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the big 3, I've always said Maddux was the best pitcher, Smoltz had the best stuff, and Glavine ran off to the Mets.
Just think how great your childhood couldve been with more Doyle Alexander in it.

Damn it...

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth.

Your scouting department did a helluva job. Think they had three options. No idea who the other two were.

Ralph Garr doesn't get near enough credit for the Braves run.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did say among the best, not the best. Obviously Hornsby and Joe Morgan has better stretches, but outside of those two Utley’s right there with everyone else.
You have to do it for more than 6 years to be among the best of the best. If you want to say he had one of the best 6-year stretches of all second baseman, I'll give him that. But Utley isn't among the best based on a 6-year run. No way.
He did say among the best, not the best. Obviously Hornsby and Joe Morgan has better stretches, but outside of those two Utley’s right there with everyone else.
Better than Utley:
Robbie Alomar
Jeff Kent
Eddie Collins
Bobby Doerr
Frankie Frisch
Charlie Gehringer
Rogers Hornsby
Joe Morgan
Tony Lazzeri
Jackie Robinson
Ryne Sandberg
Robinson Cano
Craig Biggio
Lou Whitaker
Joe Gordon

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to do it for more than 6 years to be among the best of the best. If you want to say he had one of the best 6-year stretches of all second baseman, I'll give him that. But Utley isn't among the best based on a 6-year run. No way.

Better than Utley:
Robbie Alomar
Jeff Kent
Eddie Collins
Bobby Doerr
Frankie Frisch
Charlie Gehringer
Rogers Hornsby
Joe Morgan
Tony Lazzeri
Jackie Robinson
Ryne Sandberg