• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm offically on the fuck Goodell bandwahon

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A stream, but 6 at once?

No computer anywhere near my TVs at the moment, no smart TVs as they are still working perfectly and are 10 years old, all plasma units.

Man six games at once? I don't think I could handle that.

I like watching red zone though - they've mastered the channel flip :)

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope it's the same outcome as Gateway, just fancier (voice controlled remote!) but as an ex Shaw employee was filling me in about it yesterday, they avoid a huge amount of data backlog, because in effect everything is on demand. So instead of pumping out all that info to your home 24/7, it only sends you what your remote is requesting (or you order via VOD). Less bandwidth = more profit.

Just thought it'd stick in your craw to know that your beloved 'cable' is now becoming an online vehicle like everything else.

I was referring to the sports site that carries Sunday Ticket now.

With 4 TVs I am used to going from room to room picking up from where I left off. Being able to pause one game and go to any one of 6 right where I left off viewing them.

I've not streamed before but if this Gaza or whatever the fuck it's called can't do that then it's not as good.

I'm not fussed about where my content comes from. But if I have to fuck about to get it, I'm less interested.

Maybe I'll buy a newer BluRay unit that has smart capability.

Because putting my laptop on the TV via HDMI means the sound won't go through my amp and I'd have to watch via TV speakers.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man six games at once? I don't think I could handle that.

I like watching red zone though - they've mastered the channel flip :)

It's the only way to fly. I bypass the commercials, anthems, halftimes, in short all the shit.

Nothing but live beautiful NFL. One game to the next as I catch up to live TV.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to the sports site that carries Sunday Ticket now.

With 4 TVs I am used to going from room to room picking up from where I left off. Being able to pause one game and go to any one of 6 right where I left off viewing them.

I've not streamed before but if this Gaza or whatever the fuck it's called can't do that then it's not as good.

I'm not fussed about where my content comes from. But if I have to fuck about to get it, I'm less interested.

Maybe I'll buy a newer BluRay unit that has smart capability.

Because putting my laptop on the TV via HDMI means the sound won't go through my amp and I'd have to watch via TV speakers.

Blue-ray or PS4 or something will give you the ability to run apps through your TV. Be a lot cheaper than you buying 5 new TV's.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue-ray or PS4 or something will give you the ability to run apps through your TV. Be a lot cheaper than you buying 5 new TV's.

No gaming units for me.

But a new BluRay unit seems doable.

Still not as good as cable though.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure it's not a bandwagon, it would be a train.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No gaming units for me.

Buy an old PS3, subscribe to PS Vue for all your cable needs, then watch on the PS3 (or a PS4) or Roku or android device, or Apple devices, or Fire Stick, or chromecast

It's cheaper per month than cable and you can run it on cheaper devices, like roku

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No gaming units for me.

And like I say, your cable is becoming internet. :)

There's all kinds of gizmos you can buy that'll give you the same connectivity as a smart TV, but I'm just throwing out the ones that won't freak you out as much. Blue-ray is going to be cheaper than a PS4 or X-box too.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy an old PS3, subscribe to PS Vue for all your cable needs, then watch on the PS3 (or a PS4) or Roku or android device, or Apple devices, or Fire Stick, or chromecast

It's cheaper per month than cable and you can run it on cheaper devices, like roku

I tried those suggestions, Hank is a wee bit, uh... conservative. New things fill him with dread.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't want a Roku, I love cable and my 6 channel PVR. It will have to get ripped from my cold dead hand....

But I did make the quantum leap today. Bought a wifi Samsung BluRay for a little over $100. I can now play this internet shit through my BluRay with picture going to the TV via HDMI and audio going to my amp via fibre optic.

I'll subscribe to this stupid fucking Gaza thing for the period of the NFL season then dump it.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And like I say, your cable is becoming internet. :)

There's all kinds of gizmos you can buy that'll give you the same connectivity as a smart TV, but I'm just throwing out the ones that won't freak you out as much. Blue-ray is going to be cheaper than a PS4 or X-box too.

It's the fact that it's still cable and offering me all the channels my PVR can handle, for now.

But as I just said, I've got myself a smart BluRay unit now.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried those suggestions, Hank is a wee bit, uh... conservative. New things fill him with dread.

Not interested at all in stuff like that.

My brother has a Roku and it doesn't serve all his viewing needs, no way it would serve mine.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the fact that it's still cable and offering me all the channels my PVR can handle, for now.

But as I just said, I've got myself a smart BluRay unit now.

Progress. Next the smart phone.:pound:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

Over my dead body.
Hank your old enough to know never say never. There was a time I use to say I don't need no stinking computer, but you know what? Once I got my arm twisted hard enough to try it, I was hooked. Don't really love my phone though, except when I need a gps, or need to take a photo, or want to listen to a song while I'm waiting on the old lady. In short, guess I like everything about a smart phone except the phone part.:pound:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank your old enough to know never say never. There was a time I use to say I don't need no stinking computer, but you know what? Once I got my arm twisted hard enough to try it, I was hooked. Don't really love my phone though, except when I need a gps, or need to take a photo, or want to listen to a song while I'm waiting on the old lady. In short, guess I like everything about a smart phone except the phone part.:pound:

I can't avoid a computer.

But I can avoid a smart phone.

I have a cell phone from work but leave it in my car for emergencies during my daily commute only.

Can barely use it to phone somebody and that's more or less all it does.

My wife, son and daughter all have them, I don't need one.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every fucking "app" wants money......

I never thought I'd say "app"..... Fuck "apps"...

The things I do for the NFL.

1 Samsung Smart BluRay unit $100 Cdn

4 months of Gazoo or whatever the hell it's called, $80 Cdn I think, solely for Sunday Ticket access. For the games I want to see but can't locally.

I'm open to being convinced the experience is as good as my cable was.

I will be pleasantly surprised if it's as good with all the features.

And I don't care if it will allow me to watch on my phone. Why would I do that since I'm sitting in front of a 60" TV?

But I digress...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every fucking "app" wants money......

I never thought I'd say "app"..... Fuck "apps"...

The things I do for the NFL.

1 Samsung Smart BluRay unit $100 Cdn

4 months of Gazoo or whatever the hell it's called, $80 Cdn I think, solely for Sunday Ticket access. For the games I want to see but can't locally.

I'm open to being convinced the experience is as good as my cable was.

I will be pleasantly surprised if it's as good with all the features.

And I don't care if it will allow me to watch on my phone. Why would I do that since I'm sitting in front of a 60" TV?

But I digress...
Hank is being dragged into the modern age, not without kicking and screaming though.:pound: