• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm Just Going To Leave This One Here To See The Meltdown

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA approves exemption regarding FCS opponents

With the COVID-19 pandemic having caused several schools and conferences to alter their 2020 football schedules, the NCAA Division I Council has passed an exemption regarding which victories can count toward bowl-eligibility.

FBS programs will now be allowed to count two victories over FCS teams toward the six wins necessary for bowl-eligibility. Previously, FBS teams could count only one such victory in a two-year period.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I'm glad they are on top of things.
Did they not see that the B1G and the PAC aren't playing OOC, with the other conferences probably following their lead.

And, Bowl Games are the last thing on anyones mind right now.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how true this is but I've seen it on twitter that the SEC is trying to get both the Big12 and ACC on board for having games, even aligning for OOC games. This could be the SEC being hell bent on not playing more than 8 conference games.

Good news is that NASCAR is having a race with fans tonight.. so maybe it's not as doom and gloom?

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how true this is but I've seen it on twitter that the SEC is trying to get both the Big12 and ACC on board for having games, even aligning for OOC games. This could be the SEC being hell bent on not playing more than 8 conference games.

Good news is that NASCAR is having a race with fans tonight.. so maybe it's not as doom and gloom?
I think we all know that the SEC doesn't play 9 conference games because they want more teams to be bowl eligible with Auburn and Alabama the only ones that have supported the 9th game. Therefore your hypothesis has merit.

Logically I would imagine this has more to do with the following:

1. There are a ton of FCS programs that will probably have to fold if they don't get the FBS money. They can't fill the budget shortfalls.

2. There are a lot of teams that don't want to give up a shortened schedule because of the revenue hit.

My guess; this is cover to try and salvage some type of college football season. I mean the SEC is powerful but not enough to get the NCAA to make this move solely because they don't want to play 8 games.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will be playing CFB where and how is still to be determined.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all know that the SEC doesn't play 9 conference games because they want more teams to be bowl eligible with Auburn and Alabama the only ones that have supported the 9th game. Therefore your hypothesis has merit.

Logically I would imagine this has more to do with the following:

1. There are a ton of FCS programs that will probably have to fold if they don't get the FBS money. They can't fill the budget shortfalls.

2. There are a lot of teams that don't want to give up a shortened schedule because of the revenue hit.

My guess; this is cover to try and salvage some type of college football season. I mean the SEC is powerful but not enough to get the NCAA to make this move solely because they don't want to play 8 games.
see that's what I didn't understand why the B16 came out and cancelled it's OOC games so quickly. They do know that ISU and Iowa are very close to each other, right? Then you take out the G5, FCS schools that are pretty close in proximity.

But it's safer to travel from MN to NJ? Lincoln to college park?

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see that's what I didn't understand why the B16 came out and cancelled it's OOC games so quickly. They do know that ISU and Iowa are very close to each other, right? Then you take out the G5, FCS schools that are pretty close in proximity.

Nobody is using common sense right now. It’s laughable at some of the rules. NY has banned people from 16 states but not included California.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I'm glad they are on top of things.
Did they not see that the B1G and the PAC aren't playing OOC, with the other conferences probably following their lead.

And, Bowl Games are the last thing on anyones mind right now.
none of it is happening anyway unless they move it to spring and even then, it's iffy.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If schools are limiting themselves to conference play only then any non-playoff bowl game is going to be even more meaningless then they already are.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is using common sense right now. It’s laughable at some of the rules. NY has banned people from 16 states but not included California.

Remember back in April when Cuomo said a quarantine of NY would be an act of war by the federal government...common sense isn't very common.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember back in April when Cuomo said a quarantine of NY would be an act of war by the federal government...common sense isn't very common.
He was going to sue Rhode Island for banning NY and then turned around and banned 16 states.

Remember when Cuomo asked for other states to send him their respirators and when they needed them he would send them back at his cost? No way in hell he was going to do that.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If folks aren't traveling and filling up bowl stadiums, I'm not foreseeing a BAU post season.

Dalton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will be playing CFB where and how is still to be determined.

One issue here is that college players don't get paid. They're not being compensated for the risk.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One issue here is that college players don't get paid. They're not being compensated for the risk.
That's fine they don't have to play if they don't want to. At no point has anyone ever put a gun to a college football player's head and said play or else.

Note: That has been proven anyway.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I can see SEC / ACC getting together to keep the 4 in-state rivalries between the confs.

Also it makes sense if the BIG12, SEC, ACC thinks they could get better tv-ratings/money from playing an OOC with each other vs an extra conf. game

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cancelling OOC games means we wouldn't go to 60 miles to Atlanta twice, but would travel 1000 miles to Columbia MO. Don't think we play at all, but we shall see.