• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm 100% sure...

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll be called dumb or stupid for this, but it pertains to toe injuries such as turf toe... Wouldn't it be a good idea for the players to wear shoes with toe protection similar to steel toe caps, but instead of steel, maybe a very low weight graphite type of cap to protect the toes?

I found this on the subject, but there were no caps to prevent damage to the toes...
Foot & Toe Protection - Foot Care - PhysioRoom.com

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steel toes protect you from smashed toes when something falls on them. If I am correct turf toe is kind of a sprain. Comes from the toe stretching away from the foot when pushing off.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is stupid. And then there is zorbie stupid.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is stupid. And then there is zorbie stupid.
There you went and ruined it. I was going to say only a poem writing Necrophiliac would call a person stupid on this board.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Steel toes protect you from smashed toes when something falls on them. If I am correct turf toe is kind of a sprain. Comes from the toe stretching away from the foot when pushing off.

Wouldn't placing some kind of gel pack between the toe cap in the shoe and the toes prevent stretching of the toes to an extent?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There you went and ruined it. I was going to say only a poem writing Necrophiliac would call a person stupid on this board.

A while back Oak posted a thread condemning personal attacks, but maybe it just depends on who is doing the attacks? You make a good point here though! lol

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turf Toe: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments

When you are walking or running, you start each subsequent step by raising your heel and letting your body weight come forward onto the ball of your foot. At a certain point you propel yourself forward by "pushing off" of your big toe and allowing your weight to shift to the other foot. If the toe for some reason stays flat on the ground and doesn't lift to push off, you run the risk of suddenly injuring the area around the joint. Or if you are tackled or fall forward and the toe stays flat, the effect is the same as if you were sitting and bending your big toe back by hand beyond its normal limit, causing hyperextension of the toe. That hyperextension, repeated over time or with enough sudden force, can -- cause a sprain in the ligaments that surround the joint.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

Again, you can't make turf toe go away. It's always going to be an issue.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don't understand why Tommy doesn't just run away from the guys stepping on his toes out there...."

-Exorbitant

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we placed stints under their toes and then wrapped them in bubble wrap and played the game in a bouncy house it would probably get rid of all turf toe.

It might help Daniel Davie too.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we placed stints under their toes and then wrapped them in bubbe wrap and played the game in a bouncy house it would probably get rid of all turf toe.

It might help Daniel Davie too.

Daniel Davie is a perfect example of why you're just not going to find good DB's from small towns in Nebraska.

One of the most athletic positions out there, and besides a few teams in class A that throw the ball, nobody SLINGS IT in Nebraska High School Football.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"I don't understand why Tommy doesn't just run away from the guys stepping on his toes out there...."

-Exorbitant

I don't understand why TA has to always want to be the "STAR" like he tried to be when he threw that interception against Miami in overtime. Also, why he tried to be the "STAR" against Illinois which directly led to a loss. Nice going TA! lol But the ultimate blame is on Riley there because he should have told TA to run the play clock down and then take a knee on those plays, knowing just how erratic TA is.

"I'm going to get drunk for the game Saturday so I can enjoy it more." JJM

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why TA has to always want to be the "STAR" like he tried to be when he threw that interception against Miami in overtime. Also, why he tried to be the "STAR" against Illinois which directly led to a loss. Nice going TA! lol But the ultimate blame is on Riley there because he should have told TA to run the play clock down and then take a knee on those plays, knowing just how erratic TA is.

"I'm going to get drunk for the game Saturday so I can enjoy it more." JJM

I'm going to get drunk because I feel like it.

People who don't drink because they don't feel like it, they're cool. People who don't drink because they're scared of it......they're fegs.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy has turf growing between his toes?

Can't they just spray some Round-Up in his shoes?

2009_RoundupPNG_std.jpg

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

People who don't drink because they don't feel like it, they're cool. People who don't drink because they're scared of it......they're fegs.

Some people just realize that drinking in moderation can be okay, but drinking to the point of being incoherent is really dumb, and can be dangerous. True story! I'm not scared of drinking, I just can do without it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People who don't drink, but chastise others for it, usually have had problems controlling their own drinking.

I have a brother-in-law who won't come to any family functions because there will be alcohol available. He's an alcoholic that's been sober for probably 10 years now.

Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, 4th of July, reunions, birthday parties, graduation parties etc. He won't be there. My sister and her kids all come.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people just realize that drinking in moderation can be okay, but drinking to the point of being incoherent is really dumb, and can be dangerous. True story! I'm not scared of drinking, I just can do without it.

People can do whatever the hell they want in the comfort of their own home.

They are no harm to anyone.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy mother of god your crap gets old. If you don't want to hear about people drinking...which I like to do... I mean which I like to do a lot, then don't frequent sports forums. And you know what? I get up and do my job. I mean I get up and do my job well and I take care of my family and I pay my bills and there is not one person who knows me and the fact that I can have a good time with alcohol involved that woudl think my life is anything less then a success.

So take your prohibition preach some where else. Because I don't really care about who the fuck you know that drank themselves to death. That doesn't make alcohol anymore evil then Fyfe throwing 4 interceptions makes a pass offense ineffective.

Holyshit, context man, context!

Last edited: