• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'll Be Gone in the Dark

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll Be Gone In The Dark

Anyone watching this?

I think they are 4 episodes in to a 6 episode season and it is remarkably fascinating storytelling.
Both tragic and inspiring about the hunt for a decades old burglar/rapist/killer.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teaser trailer:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full trailer:

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the first episode. I need to catch up.

I've been wanting to read the book too

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good. Amazing that with the numbers this guy raped and killed he was pretty much unknown for decades.

My only complaint would be the amount of time they spend on the author's obsessiveness with the case and eventual death. I know it's a huge part of why the guy was eventually caught, but I would've preferred a straight doc on him. I'm sure it's coming if it doesn't already exist.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good. Amazing that with the numbers this guy raped and killed he was pretty much unknown for decades.

My only complaint would be the amount of time they spend on the author's obsessiveness with the case and eventual death. I know it's a huge part of why the guy was eventually caught, but I would've preferred a straight doc on him. I'm sure it's coming if it doesn't already exist.

Spoiler alert..... :dhd:

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 5th episode was predominantly about the author, but it looks like the 6th and final episode should be really good and tie it all together.

From a storytelling narrative, it's been an amazing series.
Probably best to binge watch this, though.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 5th episode was predominantly about the author, but it looks like the 6th and final episode should be really good and tie it all together.

From a storytelling narrative, it's been an amazing series.
Probably best to binge watch this, though.

I did learn something new in Ep 5-I didn't know she OD'ed.

But yeah, really good. Looking forward to the finale, which should be riveting.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did learn something new in Ep 5-I didn't know she OD'ed.

But yeah, really good. Looking forward to the finale, which should be riveting.

As we're past spoiler alerts, I was hoping they might delve into 'why' it happened.

I can see it from two perspectives.

A) It was too much negative feedback constantly looking at horrific images and details that drove her to self-medicate to calm her nerves and help her sleep, that she accidentally killed herself.

or

B) It took too much energy to finish the case, that her adrenaline was allowing her to work 18-20 hours a day as her investigation continued and she kept finding details and processing everything. It was just a whirlwind of activity once she started investigating all those boxes. She got caught up in self-medicating to keep herself awake and self-medicating to help her sleep when she needed it that she accidentally overdosed.

Probably a combination of both, I would imagine.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we're past spoiler alerts, I was hoping they might delve into 'why' it happened.

I can see it from two perspectives.

A) It was too much negative feedback constantly looking at horrific images and details that drove her to self-medicate to calm her nerves and help her sleep, that she accidentally killed herself.

or

B) It took too much energy to finish the case, that her adrenaline was allowing her to work 18-20 hours a day as her investigation continued and she kept finding details and processing everything. It was just a whirlwind of activity once she started investigating all those boxes. She got caught up in self-medicating to keep herself awake and self-medicating to help her sleep when she needed it that she accidentally overdosed.

Probably a combination of both, I would imagine.

Thought it was interesting as well that Patton Oswalt didn't have a clue. I understand celebrity marriages are probably not like normal marriages, but to be oblivious to the fact that your wife was taking fentanyl seemed odd to me.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought it was interesting as well that Patton Oswalt didn't have a clue. I understand celebrity marriages are probably not like normal marriages, but to be oblivious to the fact that your wife was taking fentanyl seemed odd to me.
I don't know if I would consider them a "celebrity marriage" just because one of them is a celebrity.

there are a lot of marriages where one member doesn't know the other is doing something.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I would consider them a "celebrity marriage" just because one of them is a celebrity.

there are a lot of marriages where one member doesn't know the other is doing something.

True enough. In the Doc they seemed to spend a ton of time apart, while she was researching the book, and he was doing standup-that's kind of what I was referring to as a "celebrity" marriage.

And i guess that's how 1 partner can become dependent on opiods while the other is completely unaware.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finale was a little underwhelming, IMO. Was too much about the author, too little about the killer again.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finale was a little underwhelming, IMO. Was too much about the author, too little about the killer again.
I think the show is supposed to be about the author more than the killer. It is documenting her work, not his.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the show is supposed to be about the author more than the killer. It is documenting her work, not his.

And her work was spectacular-he's probably still unknown and free today without her efforts. The "letter to an old man" was eerie as well with how close it came to approximating his actual arrest.

I just found myself wanting to know more about him, and why he became the way he was. We got little tidbits, but I look forward to the inevitable in depth doc on DeAngelo.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And her work was spectacular-he's probably still unknown and free today without her efforts. The "letter to an old man" was eerie as well with how close it came to approximating his actual arrest.

I just found myself wanting to know more about him, and why he became the way he was. We got little tidbits, but I look forward to the inevitable in depth doc on DeAngelo.

Agreed.
I wanted to hear from his wife and kids, but that's obviously not going to happen.
I wanted to hear more from people that actually knew him, like the ex-fiancee.

The relatives we did hear from were interesting, but it felt a little disjointed.