• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If your Team has not played Iowa State yet in a Bowl Game...

ozanaminn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,915.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that the best coach in the history or Iowa St. football is a former tOSU head coach and alumni.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It ALMOST happened in 2001! I don't remember all of the specifics now, but there was a scenario where Iowa and Iowa State would have had a re-match in the Alamo, but something goofy happened in an SEC game that changed everything up. So, ISU ended in the I-Bowl vs. Alabama, and IIRC, Iowa played TT in the Alamo? Either way, if it ever happens, that Bowl will be a sell-out! lol.

I was not aware of that but I believe it. I think a rematch this year would have been a good one.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that the best coach in the history or Iowa St. football is a former tOSU head coach and alumni.
We loved Coach Bruce too! Ironically, my first Iowa State game (1978 Hall of Fame Classic @ Legion Field) was his last game at ISU. Even after he left, he was still considered an honored Cyclone and came back for events from time to time.

BTW, did you know that John Cooper played QB at Iowa State on of ISU's better teams known as the Dirty Thirty? They finished 7-3 and almost won the Big 7 and Orange Bowl bid back in 1959. Just had to beat OU in the final game of the year...lol. Another near miss like 1976!

Also, Woody Hayes' brother played for Iowa State back in the leather helmet days.

ozanaminn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,915.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We loved Coach Bruce too! Ironically, my first Iowa State game (1978 Hall of Fame Classic @ Legion Field) was his last game at ISU. Even after he left, he was still considered an honored Cyclone and came back for events from time to time.

BTW, did you know that John Cooper played QB at Iowa State on of ISU's better teams known as the Dirty Thirty? They finished 7-3 and almost won the Big 7 and Orange Bowl bid back in 1959. Just had to beat OU in the final game of the year...lol. Another near miss like 1976!

Also, Woody Hayes' brother played for Iowa State back in the leather helmet days.
I knew about Coach Hayes bro playing at Iowa St. Did not know the info about Cooper

ozanaminn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,915.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, isn't Earle the only Iowa St coach to beat Oklahoma and Nebraska in the same year.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, isn't Earle the only Iowa St coach to beat Oklahoma and Nebraska in the same year.
He never beat OU. However, he beat Nebraska in back to back years (1976 and 1977).

WindyCityCoug

Fat Stacks Bitches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately not. I had pre-arranged plans to go to the Orange Bowl. Wish I could snap my fingers and switch Bowls. Oh well, at least, I will be warm! Let's Go Cyclones!

Enjoy Miami! Have a fun trip....
Go cougs!

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
minshew.jpg

WindyCityCoug

Fat Stacks Bitches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa St. has a solid defense and a decent running game.

This is the kind of game, opponent and matchup The Pirate loses to.....

ISU plays great D, has slowed teams like OKL and Texas.

The Pirate has only coached 1 good bowl game at wAzzu, win couple years ago vs Miami,

Otherwise, wazzu pirates have been shellacked by likes of Sparty, Minnesota, and a Col State.

I expect more of the same. Put the kids college fund $$ on the Cyclones.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of game, opponent and matchup The Pirate loses to.....

ISU plays great D, has slowed teams like OKL and Texas.

The Pirate has only coached 1 good bowl game at wAzzu, win couple years ago vs Miami,

Otherwise, wazzu pirates have been shellacked by likes of Sparty, Minnesota, and a Col State.

I expect more of the same. Put the kids college fund $$ on the Cyclones.
The Cyclones held most (if not all) Big Xii opponents to their lowest point total of the year in conference games. Texas might be an exception? Plus, the Alamo Bowl is going to have Cyclone fans hanging from the rafters. Looking forward to the game! It's nice to play a Pac Team in a neutral stadium. Last year was Memphis in Memphis! Won that though, and drank all of the Busch Light on Beale Street! lol. It was a fun road trip. Held the Tigers way under their scoring average too. Not predicting a victory, but I like ISU's chances.