• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

if you wanna sound smart and edgy, then just underestimate the bengals

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally I think he's stupid.

we're doing pretty well at safety. yes, we lost some players, but we backfilled those positions.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally I think he's stupid.

we're doing pretty well at safety. yes, we lost some players, but we backfilled those positions.
Jets are a trendy pick, I get it...but, like any normal person - I want to see it first. Big difference between on paper and on the field.

As for the Bengals, and what they've lost...I mean....Yeah, losing Bates and Bell stinks, but it's not like Bates was playing at an all-pro level. He had one really good year and that's about it. The rest have been average to below average - though he had a nice run in the playoffs 2 years ago. To me, Bell was a bigger loss - but they got younger and more athletic. Sure, RT could be an issue, but it's also not the black hole across the line that it has been in the recent past. I have concerns, but I'm not exactly falling over worried. Adeniji has shown that he can, at worst, be servicable - no reason to think Carmen and Williams can be as good, or better - and Collins is trending in the right direction. Plus they signed Ford...they have options. The line as a whole is better, and deeper, than last year and worlds better than 2 years ago.

As for the rookies, and new guys on defense...Hill is in his 2nd year, Scott is a veteran, and Battle is more likely going to be a sub package guy. The reality is - you could make some of the same very claims about the Jets on offense - sure they got Rodgers, but that means a new offensive system, and new players, and so on so forth.

I think what it comes down to is reaching for straws to support the argument to get the jets in the conversation. I think if everyone were being 100% honest, the Bengals are the #1 contender to KC based on the past 2 years, and have shown they can beat KC at home (2-0) and on the road (1-1). Bills are also up there, and I think the Jets are a dark horse. Again, I like what they've done, but I want to see them winning first.

All too often off-season champions on paper fall flat on the field...

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talking heads are just looking for new stories. Ask a Chiefs fan which team worries them most and I'd bet at least 3/4 of them would say its the Bengals. No matter what sort of shit gets talked between the two fanbases, any reasonable person would acknowledge that these two teams played 4 times in two years and every single one of those games could have easily gone the other way with a play or two. They were all 3 point, last second field goal games. And, if both teams are healthy this year, I imagine it will be similar.

As for Bengals question marks.... I think the offensive line situation is better than it has ever been. Yes, there are questions about who will be RT, but there are more options than ever. And I truly believe that Carmen or Williams will step up - Both are going to be playing for their next deal. And if they both fail, there is still LC waiting to take the position back and he seems very motivated to get back from injury given what he is already doing. I'm more concerned about depth in the interior of the line than I am the tackle position. As for safety..... Yeah, there will be some miscommunications that lead to big plays this year. I think you need to expect that. But what they trade in experience they get back in athleticism. At some point you need to trust your player acquisition process. The Bengals have spent significant draft capital on the position and they also added a guy in FA.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we literally have 4 different guys who could win the starting RT position

Jonah
Carmen
Ford
Hakeem

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talking heads are just looking for new stories. Ask a Chiefs fan which team worries them most and I'd bet at least 3/4 of them would say its the Bengals. No matter what sort of shit gets talked between the two fanbases, any reasonable person would acknowledge that these two teams played 4 times in two years and every single one of those games could have easily gone the other way with a play or two. They were all 3 point, last second field goal games. And, if both teams are healthy this year, I imagine it will be similar.

As for Bengals question marks.... I think the offensive line situation is better than it has ever been. Yes, there are questions about who will be RT, but there are more options than ever. And I truly believe that Carmen or Williams will step up - Both are going to be playing for their next deal. And if they both fail, there is still LC waiting to take the position back and he seems very motivated to get back from injury given what he is already doing. I'm more concerned about depth in the interior of the line than I am the tackle position. As for safety..... Yeah, there will be some miscommunications that lead to big plays this year. I think you need to expect that. But what they trade in experience they get back in athleticism. At some point you need to trust your player acquisition process. The Bengals have spent significant draft capital on the position and they also added a guy in FA.
I'd argue the interior isn't that bad. Ford has been IOL most of his career, and Adeniji has also played guard. I agree it would be nice to have someone there with some more upside talent-wise, but these guys would at least be serviceable

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals had their shot, their window is closed.

I just looked at myself in the mirror and saw this1685197545746.png

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess there is still room for some argument about 'how many' super bowls we rattle off here

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess there is still room for some argument about 'how many' super bowls we rattle off here
Honestly, I think you guys get yours, maybe two total in joe burrows career. He's too good to not get one but he's also in a loaded conference.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two is good

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can AI be funny? probably not. so you guys may be AI

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking he'll just milk the injury status until he retires. we may see him again, but no telling how many weeks it will last.
Normally, I think I'd agree with you - but looks like he's worked his ass off to return:

I said last year the knee injury could have been a blessing in disguise a bit for him - his back was never healthy last year, and it showed. Getting a chance to rehab would also allow him to work on his back and offer a lot of needed rest. He likely needed to take a year off to fully heal/rest - but we all know athletes would never consider that.

Still, you could be worse off having Collins as a "in case of emergency" guy on the roster behind Williams/Carmen at RT - Quite honestly - I'm a bit bullish on Carmen at that RT spot, as he's also been reported to have shown up in the best shape of his young career. If he shows out - he's a guy you could extend at RT and have LT/RT locked up for the next 4 years.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally, I think I'd agree with you - but looks like he's worked his ass off to return:

I said last year the knee injury could have been a blessing in disguise a bit for him - his back was never healthy last year, and it showed. Getting a chance to rehab would also allow him to work on his back and offer a lot of needed rest. He likely needed to take a year off to fully heal/rest - but we all know athletes would never consider that.

Still, you could be worse off having Collins as a "in case of emergency" guy on the roster behind Williams/Carmen at RT - Quite honestly - I'm a bit bullish on Carmen at that RT spot, as he's also been reported to have shown up in the best shape of his young career. If he shows out - he's a guy you could extend at RT and have LT/RT locked up for the next 4 years.

would rather have Collins come in to relieve someone. when the injury bug starts, it usually doesn't just go away.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hockey team was in the playoffs
soccer team is in first place
hunter greene is learning how to pitch
and the Bengals are super bowl favorites

keep the positivity flowing guys, this city doesn't have to be hell (all the time)

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they need to go undefeated at home to keep up with FCC