• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If this guy is right, some of these people may get thier wish

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going back through the seasons on wvustats.com and noticed an interesting trend FOR THE MOST PART, Nehlen's teams, and Fraud's teams improved their level of play from game one to game 11(or12). Stewart and especially Holgorsen's teams, on the other hand, seemed to peak earlier in the season, as I have said many times, I think that we lack strength and conditioning that we once had, I scratched my head when Stewart didn't make use of the barometric chamber that Fraud bought for the game at Colorado, and why Holgorsen, even though we play several games a year on grass, rails about practicing on grass. As to Fraud's tenure at Arizona, he went clear across the country to a state he knew nothing about and took over a perennial doormat, so he started from scratch, he had it on the rise here, had established himself, and I feel would have been able to bring in top recruits based on the on field success. I will tell you, had Fraud still been the coach we would NOT have given up against Kansas and IAST two years ago. AND would have practiced on grass prior to going to TCU, our kids could barely stand up on the grass there last week.

Some things that may have been forgotten about Rich............

Several Michigan players transferred and subsequently criticized Rodriguez. Justin Boren transferred from the program to rival Ohio State citing offensive behavior and a "lack of family values" from the coaching staff.[29][30][31][32] Boren became first team all Big Ten at Ohio State University in the 2009 season.[

Prior to the 2009 season several anonymous players told journalists (including Rosenberg) at the Detroit Free Press that Rodriguez and his coaching staff had habitually violated NCAA rules. The alleged offenses included attending unofficial scrimmages and requiring players to work out more hours than NCAA rules permit for the off-season. Rodriguez denied the allegations.[36] On October 27, 2009, the NCAA sent a Notice of Inquiry to the University of Michigan stating the NCAA found reasonably reliable information indicating NCAA rule violations.[37] Following the Notice, the investigation into potential major violations continued. On November 16, 2009, the University of Michigan Auditors looking into the NCAA violations discovered that University of Michigan Athletic Department staff failed to file monthly logs that track how much players work out and practice.[38][39]

Your perception he had his teams playing better down the stretch isn't shared by everyone...

2009 season

Following these three victories, two over weak mid-major opponents, Michigan opened its Big Ten schedule with a 36–33 win against IndianaHowever, Michigan finished the season with a 5–7 (1–7 in the Big Ten) record after road losses to Michigan State, and the Iowa Hawkeyes and a 25-point home loss to Penn State followed by a 25-point loss to the University of Illinois and a 38–36 loss at home to Purdue. Rodriguez ended the 2009 season with a 21–10 loss to rivalOhio State. This loss eliminated the Wolverines from bowl competition for the second year in a row.

And again in 2010

The 2010 season got off to a similar start to the 2009 campaign, with the Wolverines winning their first five games of the season. Michigan started the season off by notching a win over Connecticut, who eventually won a share of the Big East title and went on to represent the conference in a BCS bowl. By week three, the team earned a spot in the AP Top 25 at #20 and USA Today Poll at #22. Their highest AP ranking, #18, came before recording their first loss of the season against 17-ranked in-state foe and eventual Big Ten co-champion Michigan State (part of a three-way tie). The team finished Big Ten play with a 3–5 record, including a 37–7 loss against arch-rival Ohio State. This caused further criticism of Rodriguez, for failing to restore competitiveness to one of college football's greatest rivalries. Still, Michigan had earned a 7–5 record and, for the first time under Rodriguez, were bowl eligible.

I will remind you that not only did he run out on the program he left Stewart to hold the bag for NCAA Violations, the same one's he was hammered for at Michigan...

You can say what you want about Dana, but he does run a clean program...there have been not been rashes of players getting into trouble...ie the kind of trouble like a Pac Man Jones beating a kid with a pool stick and somehow kept his scholarship...

DAD just be careful of what you wish for...for me personally its about the integrity of the program...it symbolizes the fabric of every mountaineer not only the players but the people who live or are from the state..I want what you want, for the program to be back on top again, but not at any cost...bringing Rich back in my mind is a mistake........he WILL take short cuts again...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday night I watched the University of Texas get taken to the woodshed by Iowa State.

I know I read it on here how Texas had all of this talent, and they got past the 50 yd line twice all night.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday night I watched the University of Texas get taken to the woodshed by Iowa State.

I know I read it on here how Texas had all of this talent, and they got past the 50 yd line twice all night.

There is a fairly large portion of Texas Longhorn fans that want Strong gone too.... And ironically his name has been mentioned in the Miami coaching search too.... as has Mark Richt :laugh:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw enough names out there and one bound to be correct. I'd rather stick with Dana than take a flier with Doc. Hell, at least Dana is mentioned as a "candidate" for the Miami gig but I do not hear Doc's name mentioned for any open, or potentially open, HC positions.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton, in no way do I want Fraud back!!! Just pointing out some differences. Head coach at a major school is a difficult job, you must be a football coach, media darling, glad hander, CEO, beggar, counselor, TV commercial star, radio show host, ass kisser, and you are the face of the school. BUT football coach has to come first, without the wins, the rest of the job doesn't matter. I pointed at Fraud as an example of the ability for WVU to not only compete, but to win. I think Holgorsen has reached his ceiling, I disagreed with his hiring, he had zero experience as a HC, and a major football school is nowhere for a guy to learn the job by trial and error. I think he is given next year, and if there is not great improvement on the field, let will be let go. Holgorsen had 28 wins in four years, and people are still strongly behind him, Stewart had 28 wins in three years, and people screamed for his head, as I said all along, Stewart's folksy demeanor was the problem people had, not his coaching........Just like Bowden all those years ago.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw enough names out there and one bound to be correct. I'd rather stick with Dana than take a flier with Doc. Hell, at least Dana is mentioned as a "candidate" for the Miami gig but I do not hear Doc's name mentioned for any open, or potentially open, HC positions.
I agree 100% with that, DOC is not a good gameday coach, he is a great recruiter, but that is all.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a fairly large portion of Texas Longhorn fans that want Strong gone too.... And ironically his name has been mentioned in the Miami coaching search too.... as has Mark Richt :laugh:

Strong was certainly a surprise hire for Texas. Seems like a misfit there.

Like we witnessed with WVU, his team is struggling with young inexperienced kids forced into action before they're ready for play.

Idiot fans can jump up and down and be outraged at the product on the field all they want. But, you cannot win when you have a ton of FR and R FR on the field trying to compete.

Strong proved he can develop players. If he is fired from Texas, he will go on to have great success somewhere else. Just like Dana…

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton, in no way do I want Fraud back!!! Just pointing out some differences. Head coach at a major school is a difficult job, you must be a football coach, media darling, glad hander, CEO, beggar, counselor, TV commercial star, radio show host, ass kisser, and you are the face of the school. BUT football coach has to come first, without the wins, the rest of the job doesn't matter. I pointed at Fraud as an example of the ability for WVU to not only compete, but to win. I think Holgorsen has reached his ceiling, I disagreed with his hiring, he had zero experience as a HC, and a major football school is nowhere for a guy to learn the job by trial and error. I think he is given next year, and if there is not great improvement on the field, let will be let go. Holgorsen had 28 wins in four years, and people are still strongly behind him, Stewart had 28 wins in three years, and people screamed for his head, as I said all along, Stewart's folksy demeanor was the problem people had, not his coaching........Just like Bowden all those years ago.

I think you made some good conversation banter..Can't disagree with what your view is ..it shared by many..

Everything this laid out as the Job accountability's is right on the mark!..no question Dana struggled with many of those things that got in his way of doing what he wanted which was to coach the team...me personally I think he has gotten better at just about everything on that list...

You can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think you had an issue with Dana being hired, more than it was in the way Stewart was ousted.. it could have been any person that they hired as a Coach In Waiting that you would have been pissed about..just so happens it was Holgorsen ..Rich had no HC experience when he was hired..you can look at other major programs that hired Coordinator instead of an experienced HC...See Oregon(3 Times), Pitt ( 2 Times, may not be the best example LOL!).., Utah, Washington, Miami, Oklahoma,Nebraska, Oklahoma State and so on..

I will vehemently disagree that Dana has reached his ceiling..I think he is an excellent X's and O's coach..a brilliant offensive strategist...but I would agree that the team does not look like it is clicking on all cylinders..something after 5 years they should DEFINITELY be doing..no question about it..

Peoples issue with Stewart was his inability to recruit, attracting top assistants and not putting butts in the stands..

I had more time to think about what you asked if Wv was going to better or get back to where they were or something like that..I would say Wv has as much chance as Nebraska..I let you make what you want out of that comment...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newest rumor: Jim Tressel

I get the connection..but why would a guy with his pedigree not be after the job at USC or a Miami if he was interested in coaching again...can't believe he still has the fire in his belly to recruit..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think you had an issue with Dana being hired, more than it was in the way Stewart was ousted.. it could have been any person that they hired as a Coach In Waiting that you would have been pissed about..just so happens it was Holgorsen ..Rich had no HC experience when he was hired..you can look at other major programs that hired Coordinator instead of an experienced HC...See Oregon(3 Times), Pitt ( 2 Times, may not be the best example LOL!).., Utah, Washington, Miami, Oklahoma,Nebraska, Oklahoma State and so on..
Slaton, I had great issue with the way Stewart was fired for sure, but my dislike of Holgorsen as our HC did not stem merely due to that. If you are going to fire a nine win a year coach, you hit it out of the park with his replacement, not hire a guy who has NO HC experience. Fraud had not only HC experience, but great success prior to WVU hiring him. Holgorsen is not HC material, IMO, at this time, the question is, when may he be? and can WVU afford to wait for him to learn the job.