• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Nets dont turn it around Kidd likely gone by ASG

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a mess. The Nets are 9-19 heading into the weekend and it’s hard to see how Jason Kidd is going to pull them out of it.

Which could cost him his job, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.

Here’s the question management is grappling with: Does Brooklyn start unloading its star players and stay the course with the coach, or unload the coach and let someone else coach these star players?

The loss of center Brook Lopez doesn’t deliver Kidd the guarantee of surviving his first season as coach. Whatever the dismal Atlantic Division standings say about the Nets trailing first place by only three games, Kidd won’t reach the All-Star break without restoring order to his team.

The report says that as things have gotten worse Kidd has isolated himself in the organization, away from management and the players. That’s not good.

Struggling teams need a lot of structure and very defined roles for players, which helps them turn things around and start to gain confidence. That isn’t happening in Brooklyn, Wojnarowski reports.

More than once, sources said, players have stood in the locker room and told Kidd they don’t understand their roles, that there’s confusion about their principles. When the Nets players keep insisting they don’t have a team identity, they’re offering code words for Kidd’s inability to give them clear structure, organization and vision.

The report gets into Lawrence Frank being let go, I’m not going to beat that dead horse again. Suffice to say, with Frank gone Kidd doesn’t have a scapegoat anymore.

The bottom line is the bottom line — Mikhail Prokhorov is paying $190 million for this team and he isn’t getting the contender he wanted. He’s not even getting a playoff team as of right now. If you’re spending that kind of money, you want your money’s worth.

If you’re not getting it, you demand changes. That should worry Kidd.

That said, if Kidd is fired GM Billy King and Prokhorov’s ownership group need to step to the podium at the press conference and accept the responsibility for the mistakes they made with this hire and roster construction. We’ll see if they would be willing to do that.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...all-star-game/

No surprise here, questionable hire to begin with.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
link doesn't work and I doubt he is gone this year, they just retired his number FFS.

Injuries played a large roll and if anybody should be gone it is the GM.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy King should get fired before Kidd.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
link doesn't work and I doubt he is gone this year, they just retired his number FFS.

Link to the Yahoo story.

Y! SPORTS

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Kidd losing grip on Nets locker room. Nets players are confused about their role on the team, and the feeling in the Brooklyn locker room is that Kidd simply gave up on them during their Christmas Day outing against the Chicago Bulls, according to reports. :L

Things won't get any easier for Kidd, as Brooklyn's next three games are against the Indiana Pacers, San Antonio Spurs and Oklahoma City Thunder. So grab your popcorn & get ready for the ultimate implosion during these next 3 games, should be fun entertainment. :laugh3::laugh3:

Oh I almost forgot don't spill your soda cup (Alcohol) Cheers everyone. :suds:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lopez' injury is the nail in the coffin. Somebody will have to answer for all of this money spent on a pitiful team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If injuries were the only issue, then Kidd's job would be safe. However, when players are complaining that they don't know their roles, are confused about principles, the guy hired to mentor is moved from the bench to the video room because he was doing what he was hired to do and the head coach is isolating himself from the team, that speaks to a need for a coaching change.

It's not entirely Kidd's fault either. He's learning that being a "coach on the floor" as he was often called, is much different than being a coach on the bench. The Nets would have been wiser to hire him as an assistant coach so that he could spend a couple of seasons learning and then become head coach.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS

The Brooklyn Nets’ 2013 calendar year was a 12-month spin they’d like to forget, one that saw the team lose in embarrassing fashion to an undermanned Chicago Bulls team in the first round of the playoffs, followed by a future-destroying trade for veterans Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Jason Terry, topped off by the strange hire of Jason Kidd as a rookie head coach and a 10-20 start to 2013-14. With the defending Western Conference champion San Antonio Spurs set to host Brooklyn in the final game of 2013, things weren’t expected to get much better for the $180 million team, what with Brook Lopez out for the season, and the team’s triptych of Deron Williams, Garnett and Pierce going through the motions.

This is why you can understand if the Nets, despite the massive amount of compensation they get to sleepwalk through these games, can’t even be bothered to stay on the court for a full 48-minute term. The Spurs were up 113-92 heading into the final 24.2 seconds of their blowout win over the Nets on Tuesday, and with the team’s record set to turn over to 10-21, the Nets decided to bail early after giving some midcourt handshakes – even though it was clear that the Nets would have the final possession of the game unless the Spurs decided to shoot it and then crash the offensive glass.

They didn’t, dribbling the 24-second shot clock out instead, necessitating that the Nets would get the ball back with two-tenths of a second left in the game. The problem was that no Net was around to end this monstrosity under league rules.

As the league more closely scrutinizes its referees, who are judged game by game on their performance to a ridiculous degree via tape that night, we’ve lost a bit in terms of refs letting things go. More often than not, the game is run by the rule book, as opposed to the referees enforcing the rule book, which is why you see an annoying number of block or charge calls whistled, or the endless video review of what seem like obvious breakaway fouls, or reviews of out of bounds calls that should take just one quick viewing of the replay to discern.

The problem here is that the league would have no sense of humor if the refs decided to waive the final 0.2 and call it off. The officials were simply doing their job, and the Nets (who should have been told by someone, anyone on that coaching staff or veteran-laden roster) should have known that 24.2 seconds was too much time to burn off by just dribbling the ball out. And if the Nets would have attempted to inbound with fewer than five players on the court, an immediate technical would have to be called, the Spurs would shoot a free throw, and the Nets would be given the ball again with 0.2 left on the clock.

This is a long way of saying, again, blame the Nets.

Following the loss, Kidd decided against that, and blamed it on the scorer’s table for letting the clock run all the way out. From the New York Post:

“They thought the game was over,” Kidd said. “There was no confusion. They thought the game was over, but unfortunately there was 0.2 seconds left.”

The problem with this scenario is that most of the Nets had either left the bench or were heading off the court on their way to the locker room by the time the Spurs’ possession ended. That and the whole “24.2 minus 24 equals 0.2”-thing.

All the more reason why Garnett was less than hopeful about his new team’s outlook, heading into 2014. From The New York Daily News:

“The most frustrating thing about me is I could see if wasn’t hitting shots and I wasn’t in here working or taking (expletive) days off,” Garnett said. “I put time into my craft for it to come out, but then that’s rhythm on offense. And I don’t have that right now.”

“Honestly, I have no rhythm. I’m trying to establish some confidence and figure this whole, ‘Where I fit into the offense’ thing,” he said. “Right now I’m just not even a priority. I’m trying to be more of a defensive-minded guy. … So I probably need to be a lot more aggressive. Right now my mental is more defensive right now than offense.”

All that would be promising if the Nets didn’t rank 30th out of 30 teams in defensive efficiency this season.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? They are only a 3 game winning streak from making the playoffs in the pitiful east.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS

The Brooklyn Nets’ 2013 calendar year was a 12-month spin they’d like to forget, one that saw the team lose in embarrassing fashion to an undermanned Chicago Bulls team in the first round of the playoffs, followed by a future-destroying trade for veterans Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Jason Terry, topped off by the strange hire of Jason Kidd as a rookie head coach and a 10-20 start to 2013-14. With the defending Western Conference champion San Antonio Spurs set to host Brooklyn in the final game of 2013, things weren’t expected to get much better for the $180 million team, what with Brook Lopez out for the season, and the team’s triptych of Deron Williams, Garnett and Pierce going through the motions.

This is why you can understand if the Nets, despite the massive amount of compensation they get to sleepwalk through these games, can’t even be bothered to stay on the court for a full 48-minute term. The Spurs were up 113-92 heading into the final 24.2 seconds of their blowout win over the Nets on Tuesday, and with the team’s record set to turn over to 10-21, the Nets decided to bail early after giving some midcourt handshakes – even though it was clear that the Nets would have the final possession of the game unless the Spurs decided to shoot it and then crash the offensive glass.

They didn’t, dribbling the 24-second shot clock out instead, necessitating that the Nets would get the ball back with two-tenths of a second left in the game. The problem was that no Net was around to end this monstrosity under league rules.

As the league more closely scrutinizes its referees, who are judged game by game on their performance to a ridiculous degree via tape that night, we’ve lost a bit in terms of refs letting things go. More often than not, the game is run by the rule book, as opposed to the referees enforcing the rule book, which is why you see an annoying number of block or charge calls whistled, or the endless video review of what seem like obvious breakaway fouls, or reviews of out of bounds calls that should take just one quick viewing of the replay to discern.

The problem here is that the league would have no sense of humor if the refs decided to waive the final 0.2 and call it off. The officials were simply doing their job, and the Nets (who should have been told by someone, anyone on that coaching staff or veteran-laden roster) should have known that 24.2 seconds was too much time to burn off by just dribbling the ball out. And if the Nets would have attempted to inbound with fewer than five players on the court, an immediate technical would have to be called, the Spurs would shoot a free throw, and the Nets would be given the ball again with 0.2 left on the clock.

This is a long way of saying, again, blame the Nets.

Following the loss, Kidd decided against that, and blamed it on the scorer’s table for letting the clock run all the way out. From the New York Post:

“They thought the game was over,” Kidd said. “There was no confusion. They thought the game was over, but unfortunately there was 0.2 seconds left.”

The problem with this scenario is that most of the Nets had either left the bench or were heading off the court on their way to the locker room by the time the Spurs’ possession ended. That and the whole “24.2 minus 24 equals 0.2”-thing.

All the more reason why Garnett was less than hopeful about his new team’s outlook, heading into 2014. From The New York Daily News:

“The most frustrating thing about me is I could see if wasn’t hitting shots and I wasn’t in here working or taking (expletive) days off,” Garnett said. “I put time into my craft for it to come out, but then that’s rhythm on offense. And I don’t have that right now.”

“Honestly, I have no rhythm. I’m trying to establish some confidence and figure this whole, ‘Where I fit into the offense’ thing,” he said. “Right now I’m just not even a priority. I’m trying to be more of a defensive-minded guy. … So I probably need to be a lot more aggressive. Right now my mental is more defensive right now than offense.”

All that would be promising if the Nets didn’t rank 30th out of 30 teams in defensive efficiency this season.

If they can talk either KG or PP into going into coaching for them after retiring as players it could be a coup for them.

Both know basketball very well and have played for a good coach while with the Celtics.

You DON'T want Jason Terry coaching your team, however. In his one season with my Celtics he made a very bad impression on me.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't they blow out the heat in one of first games of season....fools gold

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately if he loses his players Kidd is gone. You cant lose your players and hope to be successful. That is a direct reflection on your abilities to lead. It may not be his fault due to personnel but he has to have the ear of the team at least.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches are always the easy scapegoat when things go bad in sports. Kidd deservingly so. When your best coaching move is spilling a drink in order to get a fake timeout to draw up a last second play, you are not a very good coach. Kidd may get there one day, but he has a lot of learning to do. Much different leadership role being the PG versus being the head coach.

LeBronMonsterDunk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How anyone could think the Nets were going to be good this season is beyond me, but I guess people also expected the Lakers to be good last year which I thought was hilarious.

The Nets were doomed this season for the very reasons the Lakers were doomed last season. Lack of/no coaching, old/injury prone players, too many clashing egos.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brahmsian;4289253[B said:
If they can talk either KG or PP into going into coaching for them after retiring as players it could be a coup for them.[/B]

Both know basketball very well and have played for a good coach while with the Celtics.

You DON'T want Jason Terry coaching your team, however. In his one season with my Celtics he made a very bad impression on me.
:L ....no

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can talk either KG or PP into going into coaching for them after retiring as players it could be a coup for them.

:L ....no