• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Michigan Plays CFB All Their Games Be Out Of State

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your governor is an idiot.

Hunker down: Some states say no full-scale reopening until coronavirus vaccine, treatment is ready

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer said that crowds would not be able to gather for professional or college sports in her state until a vaccine is available or there's a rigorous testing regime in place with signs of herd immunity in the population.

For those not in the know a vaccine could be a year away.

That doesn't mean the games would necessarily be out of state. Just without fans.

Reactions: gob

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't mean the games would necessarily be out of state. Just without fans.

I still don't believe the colleges will play without fans.

They do not want to give their fans the option of sitting home, watching the game, and saving
money. Plus, bcause College football is the locomotive for college sports, it needs every dollar
it can make.

For a week now, I have seen college after college announce the multiple sports they are dropping
and most of the sports are men's teams. They have to field women's teams, and there is no money
in women's sports. Furman today announce they are dropping baseball and men's Lacrosse. Central
Michigan is dropping Track and Field.

Yes the TV money is important to the schools but this is not the NFL. The NFL makes money off of TV
alone. If they have no seats, they still turn a profit, that is not the case in college football.

College football must support 20 other sports teams at their university. Yeah, some of the leagues
make 50 mil in TV money but they also get 45 mill in ticket sales. They need every dollar they can get.

The last thing any school wants is fans learning how much money they can save by watching games
on tv and not in person.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't believe the colleges will play without fans.

They do not want to give their fans the option of sitting home, watching the game, and saving
money. Plus, bcause College football is the locomotive for college sports, it needs every dollar
it can make.

For a week now, I have seen college after college announce the multiple sports they are dropping
and most of the sports are men's teams. They have to field women's teams, and there is no money
in women's sports. Furman today announce they are dropping baseball and men's Lacrosse. Central
Michigan is dropping Track and Field.

Yes the TV money is important to the schools but this is not the NFL. The NFL makes money off of TV
alone. If they have no seats, they still turn a profit, that is not the case in college football.

College football must support 20 other sports teams at their university. Yeah, some of the leagues
make 50 mil in TV money but they also get 45 mill in ticket sales. They need every dollar they can get.

The last thing any school wants is fans learning how much money they can save by watching games
on tv and not in person.

The above scenario in the OP does not give Michigan the choice to have fans in their stands.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hunker down: Some states say no full-scale reopening until coronavirus vaccine, treatment is ready

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer said that crowds would not be able to gather for professional or college sports in her state until a vaccine is available or there's a rigorous testing regime in place with signs of herd immunity in the population.

Can't their supreme court overturn it?

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't their supreme court overturn it?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see them playing without fans.
All away is what it will be.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EYEUtbqUwAAC0aC

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to formulate a plan in my head.
For the teams that don't have those games in their home stadiums now, might give you 60-70% split. that might be high.

Seems like 50/50 would be about the best they could hope for.