• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If I'm Hal Steinbrenner i cut Arod right now today

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't let him show up at ST , no press conference , no distractions and no bullshit. They have no plans to play the guy - save the BS, he's glued to the bench right now - so why keep him? You want to have this asshole around just becuz you have to pay him? He's worth more being away from the organization once and for all. It's not like he's gonna come back to haunt them becuz no team will touch this POS just like no team touched Bonds. There is not one single reason to keep the guy. The Yanks are going nowhere again and the whole season is gonna be about this asshole and who's pissed off at him now. Cut him , cut the losses and move on.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u cant , thats alot of money to cut with no production. do you have 60 mill to give away. u hope he does so bad that he retires.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But...but he just apologized for his actions! Turn the page, maaaannn.....

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u cant , thats alot of money to cut with no production. do you have 60 mill to give away. u hope he does so bad that he retires.

Sunk cost fallacy. You think that prima donna is gonna retire and leave money on the table?

The money is GONE. If you aren't going to play him, you should indeed cut him. He'll get some ABs though, and he might even be ok at it. Obviously not worth the contract, but the money is GONE. He only has to be better than the alternative player you'd replace him with.

Kind of like Tim Lincecum, he'll never be good enough to earn what he's getting paid this year, but that money is GONE. He just has to be better than whomever else you could have as your 5th starter. And if he's not even that good, then you cut him.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what's worse : giving him that money, keeping around a source of non stop distraction , taking a roster spot that someone could actually produce from and having to deal with the drama non stop OR dealing with none of that? They come out ahead by letting him go. He isn't going to play so accept that right now. He will spend 90% of his time on the bench waiting for the occasional PH opportunity. The money argument holds no water. They have to pay it so what is better for the team? If they keep him I can guarantee you this : he will not leave Tampa with the team becuz something will be hurt. 2nd , he will not finish the season with the Yanks. There's no chance. They simply cannot have a roster spot taken by someone who can no longer play and only brings trouble.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunk cost fallacy. You think that prima donna is gonna retire and leave money on the table?

The money is GONE. If you aren't going to play him, you should indeed cut him. He'll get some ABs though, and he might even be ok at it. Obviously not worth the contract, but the money is GONE. He only has to be better than the alternative player you'd replace him with.

Kind of like Tim Lincecum, he'll never be good enough to earn what he's getting paid this year, but that money is GONE. He just has to be better than whomever else you could have as your 5th starter. And if he's not even that good, then you cut him.

I'm not entirely show how those milestone bonuses work but seeing he's 6 home runs away from 660, they probably don't want to get any production out of him.

I think all of this anti-arod stuff is silly though. He was always an unpopular player. They conversation just went from "he wore a crisp suit when Boston visited him late at night!" to "he juiced!".

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's worse : giving him that money, keeping around a source of non stop distraction , taking a roster spot that someone could actually produce from and having to deal with the drama non stop OR dealing with none of that? They come out ahead by letting him go. He isn't going to play so accept that right now. He will spend 90% of his time on the bench waiting for the occasional PH opportunity. The money argument holds no water. They have to pay it so what is better for the team? If they keep him I can guarantee you this : he will not leave Tampa with the team becuz something will be hurt. 2nd , he will not finish the season with the Yanks. There's no chance. They simply cannot have a roster spot taken by someone who can no longer play and only brings trouble.

That's the bottom line....if he looks like he can still play in spring training he'll play, if he can't then yeah he'll probably be cut.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Jeets has retired, A-Rod can move back over to his natural SS position...think of the production he would give in that spot!

Seriously, if he can still hit, he's yer full-time DH.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Jeets has retired, A-Rod can move back over to his natural SS position...think of the production he would give in that spot!

Seriously, if he can still hit, he's yer full-time DH.

I don't believe he can hit .200

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can hit .200......

And he's not getting cut. Hank can keep trying to weasel out of the deal, it won't matter. He's a Yankee, forever, just like they wanted to begin with.

They were paying for those Milestones to be in pinstripes. Paying for the memory 50 years from now in some kids head whose parents arent even born yet. They never were paying him to produce, they were investing in legend. And it's been a poor investment.

Best of luck to Alex in his quest to overtake the great Barry Bonds.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think A-Rod plays well. He's had a year to rest up, let his body heal and to get in shape. It could work wonders for him. And playing in Yankee Stadium I never put it past anyone to have a halfway decent year.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least the Giants got some excellent years out of Timmy before he was making the big bucks...every day ARod has been with the Yanks has been an expensive one.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Giants got some excellent years out of Timmy before he was making the big bucks...every day ARod has been with the Yanks has been an expensive one.

Actually Tim's big years were before he signed for the big dollars. At least he only signed 2 2-year deals and didn't make the Giants commit to a 7 year monstrosity. I'll always respect him for that.