• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If I was the Czar of the NFL

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ground CAN cause a fumble.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11b) Game of the Week Must involve Canadians Teams in their Conference.

AFC 1/4:00 on CTV:

12-2 Jets at 10-4 Halifax

NFC: 1/4 on CITY TV:

9-5 Calgary at 9-5 New Orelans

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also make it a grade able (ranked) thing.
Have over twice as many refs in the grouping & only top whatever number plays on NFL games. If they fall below that # they fall out of NFL games. Until they get their ranking back up. They all get a base salary & the ones good enough to be ranked high enough. Get bonuses for playing in an NFL Game. If you are a ref for a certain amount of time & dont get ahead of a certain threshold of a ranking. You get cut for new blood in the refereeing fraternity. (always swapping out the bottom feeders)
New guys get a certain length contract to learn & get ahead of the earlier said threshold in rankings.

Referees need to be competing against each other to get better, not rest in the good ol' boys club of defending every absurd call.

Give cops cash bonuses for more speeding tickets?

Bottom line is Belichik was right. Challenge everything but no more than the two max three times we have now or the game will take forever. And let us hear how the refs are talking about it. And I might be in favour of drug testing the refs to because they’re human beings.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give cops cash bonuses for more speeding tickets?

Bottom line is Belichik was right. Challenge everything but no more than the two max three times we have now or the game will take forever. And let us hear how the refs are talking about it. And I might be in favour of drug testing the refs to because they’re human beings.
Challenge ridiculous penalties maybe that team can check on replay? Max 2 challenged penalties per game. Not sure, but think I read in another thread that you can already do that? I haven’t a clue but would be a good idea, and help the refs do a better job.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to change the timing rules so there's less hustling to get off the field, fewer 12 man on the field penalties, fewer delay of game penalties, zero hurry-up offense. I can live with the game lasting 10-15 minutes longer if it's more professional.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd replace kickoffs with an artificial 4th &15 or 4th & 20. Let teams go for it or punt.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive team fumbling into the end zone results in a touchback rule
Fair catching a kickoff out of the end zone gets you the ball at the 25
Bring back the onsides kick, not this watered down version
No pushing a teammate with the ball. It's not just the tush push, it's when the OL run down field and push the pile as well
Give coaches one more challenge.
The clock shouldn't run after a declined penalty and I don't like the 10 second runoff but I get why we need it
Players faking injuries should be more closely scrutinized. It's just Bull Shit how some of these guys do it
I agree with all but the first. I see the defensive end zone as the D's territory if the ball is fumble into their yard it's their ball unless to O recovers it.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d add all penalties are just yards, no automatic firsts

If you need 17 yards and take a 15 penalty, it’s still the current down and 2….

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all but the first. I see the defensive end zone as the D's territory if the ball is fumble into their yard it's their ball unless to O recovers it.
That’s how I see it, both teams have chance to recover, last team to touch the ball before going out of EZ gets the ball … or if it goes out, the offense gets a 10-yard penalty or something. The punishment is to severe, as it can only happen in the EZ. What about other places on the field?

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like you to fill in your ideas if you were in charge. I'm not going to get into the CBA and that stuff, just things that I think would be better than they currently are. It would be cool if you could do the same
You never lose a challenge attempt no matter how many times you get it right.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d add all penalties are just yards, no automatic firsts

If you need 17 yards and take a 15 penalty, it’s still the current down and 2….
I like this idea for long penalties, the automatic first down does not make sense sometimes for short or long penalties. This is why reffing looks so bad. There is no real standard for calling penalties, there will always be a judgement call. They need to find ways to help refs and making it more congruent overall.

Last edited:

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be an amendment to the rule concerning injuries in the final 2 minutes of a half. Context: the Rams were losing in the final 2 minutes of a game this season and had no time-outs. The Rams were on defense. The opponents, (possibly Eagles), would have been able to bleed the clock down to 30 seconds with runs and then punt - leaving the Rams to go 90 yards in 20-25 seconds. A Rams defensive player was injured requiring a stoppage in play. By rule the offense was give a time-out in lieu of the Rams being docked a time-out, but the clock couldn't start until the ball was snapped. Thus the offense was effectively penalised and the Rams got the ball back with 60 seconds on the clock. When there's a defensive penalty rather than an injury the offense can choose whether the clock restarts with a 40-second clock on the ball being put in play, or when the ball is actually snapped. I'm suggesting an injury/clock scenario should be treated the same way.

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One timeout per team per half only.

Saving up your timeouts for the end of the game was never supposed to be a strategy.