• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Cruz was really playing "no doubles defense"

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and nothing over your head, then how did he not get to that ball? It was a liner, but it should have ended the World Series. Me thinks someone was out of position.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he freaking slowed down because he was scared to run into the wall! Josh Hamilton makes that play 99 out of 100 times!

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nellie starting to get the Bill Buckner treatment by the media. We have 2 regular outfielders who lay out for baseballs. Unfortunately, Cruz isn't one of them. I think the Buckner play was far more egregious, but I have watched the Cruz play from as many angles as are available. This was not a can of corn. But the ball should have been caught. Nellie misjudged it. You get to the wall, find the wall, and adjust accordingly. 2 former MLB outfielders were saying today that he took a "flyball angle" instead of a line drive angle which he should have presumed by the way the ball left the bat. They said he loafed, which he did, not because of the wall, but because he misread it.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Larry Bowa on MLB network, who claimed to have watched a tape replay of the play a couple of times.... he claimed that Cruz was not positioned in a no doubles defense and actually took a step in before going back on the ball. He said Cruz may have misjudged how hard the ball was hit.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose this World Series, of all the bad plays and breaks that didn't go our way, I'll remember this one the most. If he makes the right read, which he is certainly expected to do at this level, he makes a running catch and the Rangers are World Series champions today. He didn't even need to crash into the wall or make a spectacular catch. One guy even said he'd have given Cruz an error because he botched the read so bad, but unless it hits off your glove, can't really give the error.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose this World Series, of all the bad plays and breaks that didn't go our way, I'll remember this one the most. If he makes the right read, which he is certainly expected to do at this level, he makes a running catch and the Rangers are World Series champions today. He didn't even need to crash into the wall or make a spectacular catch. One guy even said he'd have given Cruz an error because he botched the read so bad, but unless it hits off your glove, can't really give the error.

The only ball that clanked off a glove last night wasn't on Nelson Cruz's hand. The list of scapegoats for last night's loss is pretty long. Nobody can say with 100 % certainty that the ball should have been caught. Anywho, it's time to forget about it and move on.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only ball that clanked off a glove last night wasn't on Nelson Cruz's hand. The list of scapegoats for last night's loss is pretty long. Nobody can say with 100 % certainty that the ball should have been caught. Anywho, it's time to forget about it and move on.

we know, no matter what you have to get your MY hate into every thread

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TEX doesn't win the ALWest without Michael Young ... so bantering about bad plays in the field that happened last night don't mean that much. Sure Young is upset with what happened ... but he was out there tonight and made a number of good plays at 1b ... including the smash he grabbed off Berkman's bat.

He'll be better at 1b next year ... I think we can all count on it.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know which plays are being lambasted especially since I didn't get to see much of the last few games but from what I saw on MLB network MY was going to throw to 2nd. Didn't have a play or nobody covered the bag and then Lewis didn't actually cover the bag. Yes, Young dropped the ball there but is everyone so sure that he is completely culpable in not recording the out at 1st? There was a hell of a lot of terrible defense all over the diamond for both clubs. Pinning this World Series loss on any one person is asinine.