• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think my other computer has contracted a virus

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why the hell do you have a Mac desktop?!?!?!?!

let alone a Mac at all.....

It was a parting gift from the last bitch that I lived with.. I kept it and moved out of state

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but he probably doesn't want them to see all the nasty sites he's visited. :)

May not be a nasty site, 90% of all trojan infections come from legimate sites or hijacked google ads according to a recent study. I have seen E$PN, Foxsports, Sport Illustrated, PC Mag and even one of my security bulletin sites hijacked in the last year.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May not be a nasty site, 90% of all trojan infections come from legimate sites or hijacked google ads according to a recent study. I have seen E$PN, Foxsports, Sport Illustrated, PC Mag and even one of my security bulletin sites hijacked in the last year.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that I got it from looking for goofy pictures to post on here.. Some of these pictures can be found on some weird ass sites. Its never happened before and it wasn't immediate

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with a MAC. If you don't want let me know, I'll take it.

Its fine, I just don't use it much... I'm glad I have it right now though (typing on it right now)

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bowling-pin.png

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway.. thanks for the suggestions, I'll get to work on it tomorrow. For now, I'm just gonna drink beer, listen to some tunes, sorta pay attention to the draft, and watch some hockey.

HTM_Crim_Crush

Solid Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
just take it into best buy, they'd probably fix it for free, bro

LOL Not even a joke. That's where I purchased my first... early '90? I think. Desktop...what a COW... and a frikkin nightmare to deal with them ughhh....

Such a PITA to load that thing, transport it, (lined my new car seats like crazy), unload it... then hear their crap, ... then ended up taking it elsewhere.

My daughter & I began looking forward to it pretty quickly, cuz it was a clear PITA, but we always made a full day of it, shopped and ate out... all our fave places.

THAT was the payoff! :D

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap. I meant to quote this for the above post about Best Buy. :(
That made no sense. I fail(ed) :mad:

My niece took her laptop to Best Buy after she got a trojan infection. All they did was run MSCONFIG and put it in minimal start up. Cost her over $100. Of course her uncle fixed it for her free of charge.

HTM_Crim_Crush

Solid Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he said he was worried about finding a job... I think he would make a fantastic pawn shop owner

He prolly would, seriously. He does seem to have that impeccable FOS quality it takes.

On dumpster diving: I'll NEVER forget hearing someone talking about it for the first time. My daughter & I were in an uppity boutique,...getting seriously insane detes,... I had known this person for ages, thought she was kidding???
It got stranger by the sec, I'm laughing (kinda, like haaaaaa?, sure?, etc), and the extreme horrified look on my face must've been priceless.
Later, I'm STILL horrified, (u'd just hv to know some other detes), but my daughter finally convinces me that it's for real... after we leave!

I make some crack about it making the next olympic debut. Whew! Whatta twip! :eek:

Last edited:

HTM_Crim_Crush

Solid Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My niece took her laptop to Best Buy after she got a trojan infection. All they did was run MSCONFIG and put it in minimal start up. Cost her over $100. Of course her uncle fixed it for her free of charge.

Note the date when I got mine - desktop. I still have the cancelled check! The ticket price (at Worst Buy) was $1499. The "service repair center" (at even more Worser should not Buy) was a frikkin nightmare, aside from the fun we made from the trips. The trip was an hour, one way.

I was on the line for God only knows how many days.... then the trip began.
They ended up directing me outside THAT county... (Madison) to repair it. I was so irate (and tickled, finally), ... I can't recall if the serv pkg I know I got w/it upon purchase, was even covered. Hmmm... now that I think, seems like they gave me crap about that too.

I told then hubby, it was his to deal with next time. Not that I'm a biotch, I'm waaay too patient and I always watched my actions in front of the kids. Ugh....it was about to get ugly.

Anyway, LOL @ me for doing all that so he could download pron! LOL! I'm such a sweetheart!!! <3

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that sucks. I had some blue shield pop up at the bottom of my screen one time. I clicked on it (guess that's where I messed up) and I believe it asked me to register for something. I exited out, but whenever I would go to a website, it would pop back up and not let me look at anything. It WOULD NOT go away for anything. I had to do a system restore.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that sucks. I had some blue shield pop up at the bottom of my screen one time. I clicked on it (guess that's where I messed up) and I believe it asked me to register for something. I exited out, but whenever I would go to a website, it would pop back up and not let me look at anything. It WOULD NOT go away for anything. I had to do a system restore.

You were lucky. Most of the new rogue programs disable system restore, along with the control panel.