• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Think I Like Brian Shaw Better Then Dumbtoni

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far he has done a good job in Denver and in another year after he knows his players better, I think he is going to be a force to deal with. It's too bad the Lakers didn't see the potential him instead Brown/D'antoni

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbtoni is part of your tank to sell seats effort. He runs a very exciting with no D, you will not win many games but the scores should be high and fast paced. 2014 you have a good draft pick and Dumbtoni can be out in 2015 in time for you guys to lure Love and a couple other big names depending on where Kobe is.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbtoni is part of your tank to sell seats effort. He runs a very exciting with no D, you will not win many games but the scores should be high and fast paced. 2014 you have a good draft pick and Dumbtoni can be out in 2015 in time for you guys to lure Love and a couple other big names depending on where Kobe is.

That would be okay if the guys could shoot and did shoot - I would be happy to see the Lakers shooting over 100 every night. Atleast they would be competing

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I foresee a future in 2 years with:

Marcus Smart, Kobe, Kevin Love, and NO Dantoni.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and still in the lottery.

There are a lot of really good players that will have the option to be FA over the next few years not to mention the draft class coming in. As a Laker fan I might be aiming higher than Love. I do not think you guys get LBJ but I think there are better routes than max contract Love. If LBJ leaves MIA I bet Bosh does and he is much better than Love, older though. The point is, there are better options and who knows what the LAL find.

I also find it hard to believe LAL miss on all of those players out there. My bigger fear would be putting together a Knicks team or the 12-13 Lakers team. Something that looks good and is expensive and just does not work.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love over Bosh all day....a triple threat anytime he steps on the floor and years younger too. Not even close in terms of talent.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible hire from day one. I dont see why Jenny cant run the show and let Phil have influence. She cant do much worse than her brother.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh better than Love? I don't even think the most homeristic of Heat fans would claim such. And I doubt Bosh opts out regardless of what LBJ does. He'll lose money. No one is paying Bosh what he is currently getting.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible hire from day one. I dont see why Jenny cant run the show and let Phil have influence. She cant do much worse than her brother.

I think Phil gets an "influencing" position in the organization soon. Don't what that position will be, but he'll get in. Dr. buss surrounded himself with capable basketball minds. Jim will figure that out too. He already has Mitch. I think a Mitch/Phil basketball decision making duo would be very good.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh better than Love? I don't even think the most homeristic of Heat fans would claim such. And I doubt Bosh opts out regardless of what LBJ does. He'll lose money. No one is paying Bosh what he is currently getting.

It is closer than you think but not as close as I thought.

Here they are both at the age of 26. Bosh puts up max contract numbers before he went to Miami and I would bet some body would give him a max contract. He is really good, it just does not show because of his team.

Player Comparison Finder | Basketball-Reference.com

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is closer than you think but not as close as I thought.

Here they are both at the age of 26. Bosh puts up max contract numbers before he went to Miami and I would bet some body would give him a max contract. He is really good, it just does not show because of his team.

Player Comparison Finder | Basketball-Reference.com

Bosh ain't 26 anymore. I agree that he still a very good player and his stats take a hit playing with Lebron and Wade. He should be pulling in more rebounds though. Terrible numbers for one of the few bigs on Miami.

Love is the better player right now. And he is younger. No way would I go with Bosh over Love.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but don't you think somebody would offer him $20m+ a year? I mean if Bynum gets $6 to fuck a coaches wife...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but don't you think somebody would offer him $20m+ a year? I mean if Bynum gets $6 to fuck a coaches wife...

I would have fucked the coaches wife for 1 million and saved them some serious money:laugh3:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Phil gets an "influencing" position in the organization soon. Don't what that position will be, but he'll get in. Dr. buss surrounded himself with capable basketball minds. Jim will figure that out too. He already has Mitch. I think a Mitch/Phil basketball decision making duo would be very good.

didn't see this before i posted, but i agree. PJ's going to have some say in Lakers management decisions whether Short Buss likes it or not...

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible hire from day one. I dont see why Jeanie cant run the show and let Phil have influence. She cant do much worse than her brother.

I agree. If it were up to her, Phil would have been rehired and should have been. I hate D'Antoni and always will.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. If it were up to her, Phil would have been rehired and should have been. I hate D'Antoni and always will.

hell, it's no worse than the Mike Brown hire imo. Brian Shaw should've gotten first crack at the job, no if's, and's, or maybe's...even if PJ wasn't re-hired...

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell, it's no worse than the Mike Brown hire imo. Brian Shaw should've gotten first crack at the job, no if's, and's, or maybe's...even if PJ wasn't re-hired...

Totally. I thought he should've been hired all along. It was the Lakers wanting a high profile hire and completely fucking it up.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally. I thought he should've been hired all along. It was the Lakers wanting a high profile hire and completely fucking it up.

D'Antoni was Dr. Buss's hire, not Jim's.