• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think a 12- or 16-team playoff system could work.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure every way we could come about it, there will be a flaw. Here's how I think the seeding should go.

A committee of whoever (coaches, sports writers, presidents, etc) decide what seeds teams should get.

Seeds 1-6

The conference champion of the six current AQ-Conferences.

Seeds 6-16

You then go by records. If a C-USA team goes undefeated, that team will most likely make it in next, but you will still get the 1-2 loss teams int here as well.

===============================================================

If we were to put it together right now, the playoffs would be look something like this. I am basing off of the current rankings. However, the committee would arrange the Top 6 seed in order they feel is best.

#1 seed LSU
#2 seed Oklahoma State
#3 seed Virginia Tech
#4 seed Stanford
#5 seed Michigan State
#6 seed West Virginia
#7 seed Houston
#8 seed Alabama
#9 seed Arkansas
#10 seed Boise State
#11 seed Oklahoma
#12 seed Oregon
#13 seed Kansas State
#14 seed South Carolina
#15 seed Georgia
#16 seed Michigan
-------------------------------------------------------
#1 seed LSU vs #16 seed Michigan
#8 seed Alabama vs #9 Arkansas

#5 seed Michigan State vs #12 seed Oregon
#4 seed Stanford vs #13 seed Kansas State

#3 seed Virginia Tech vs #14 seed South Carolina
#6 seed West Virginia vs #11 Oklahoma

#7 seed Houston vs #10 Boise State
#2 seed Oklahoma State vs #15 seed Georgia

Teams in brown are teams playing at the Sugar Bowl.
Teams in blue are teams playing at the Orange Bowl.
Teams in green are teams playing at the Fiesta Bowl.
Teams in red are teams playing at the Rose Bowl

Semifinals and Finals are played at the location of BCS Championship.

==================================================================

Obviously, the last few weeks will change that up completely, but I was trying to give the idea of how it would work. If you want to, you can take seeds 13-16 off and have a 12-team tournament and give the 1st 4 seeds a bye.

That is 4 games in 4 weeks. If needed, you can cut a game from the season or start a week earlier. Outside the tournament, you can have the non-BCS bowls pick the available teams.

Thoughts?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pros

* Every team that plays good enough will make the tournament.
* It's a more fair way to determine the National Champion.
* The BCS Bowls will earn their money.

Cons

* Traditions would be gone (conference BCS alliances, importance of season wins, etc)
* There will be bubble teams that don't make it that probably should. However, if you win your AQ conference, you are in.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone on ESPN Forum talked about fans not being able to afford the travel and tickets being hard to sell. In that case, the BCS Bowls can be dropped to be just normal bowl games and the tournament does home field advantage until the National Championship. Once BCS is dropped, so does the importance of those bowls.

Like I said, one of the cons is that some of the biggest traditions will be gone.

Nate

Mid-Major Defender
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone on ESPN Forum talked about fans not being able to afford the travel and tickets being hard to sell. In that case, the BCS Bowls can be dropped to be just normal bowl games and the tournament does home field advantage until the National Championship. Once BCS is dropped, so does the importance of those bowls.

Like I said, one of the cons is that some of the biggest traditions will be gone.

Who give's a fuck about traditions? It was tradition to make blacks sit in the back of the bus in the south. It doesn't mean it's right or fair.