• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I.T. Poll- Can someone shorter than your sister be the MVP?

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sister is Sheryl Swoopes, my soul sista that is, so i guess i'm saying she's tall.

And i vote fer pertater salad

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we chose fruit salad we could switch this thread to talking about the stupid Charles vs LBJ debate

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Celtic fan from central Illinois I don't get to watch many games. Watched the entire game today, so far, and I knew what Thomas, Horford, and Smart were all about, but Jaylen Brown has impressed me today.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a touch time giving him minutes until the last 3 weeks. When Bradley went down he and Roziers playing time went right up. Both look great. Its a very deep roster now..................just need a stud rim protector

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a touch time giving him minutes until the last 3 weeks. When Bradley went down he and Roziers playing time went right up. Both look great. Its a very deep roster now..................just need a stud rim protector
IMO they need another scorer, in a game of defensive attrition in the playoffs i can see them blanking out. Carmelo would fit great with them. Thats all he does, and he can do it off the bench the fucking bum.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 11 NBA MVP race: Isaiah Thomas joins top five

Mr 4th quarter, when he checks his wrist for the time, and just cannot be stopped. I dont think I have seen something like this since MJ's days. This kid's mug should be placed on the $20, cause he IS money
Oh and to answer your Q, If boston can somehow get the top seed i can see it. Other then that scenario there is no way Anyone takes Westbrooks MVP this year. Hes the only reason they even win at all. They have no business in the playoffs.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook is the MVP.

I'd lean toward Harden -- just because Houston has a better record -- a lot more than expected.

Before the season -- Rockets' over/under for wins was 41.5. OKC was 45.5.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO they need another scorer, in a game of defensive attrition in the playoffs i can see them blanking out. Carmelo would fit great with them. Thats all he does, and he can do it off the bench the fucking bum.

Scorer yes, melo no. The reason Isiah is scorring >30 now is because Avery has been out for 3 weeks. Now a pure scorer like Lou, thats interesting

melo would not fit in with this crowd. they follow Brad, they play defense, they like each other. melo has few options imo.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT won't win. The Celtics hit rock bottom defensively when he's on the fl

Their is truth in that statement. On a lighter note, Jae Crowder is turning into a beast, simply a beast who can shoot from anywhere.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT won't win. The Celtics hit rock bottom defensively when he's on the floor.

ESPN has a ranking that is "Defensive Real Plus Minus." I'm sure it isn't perfect -- but interesting to look at.

DRPM: Player's estimated on-court impact on team defensive performance, measured in points allowed per 100 defensive possessions

Although I'm sure this metric has issues -- I'd still say the players at the top are better defensive players -- and the players at the bottom are poor defenders.

IT ranks last ... #445 out of 445 in this ranking. (and by a lot -- player rankings range from something like +4 to -3.41 .... IT is -4.48)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if someone in the East wins MVP how would it not be Bron Bron?

If anyone from the E wins MVP (which ain't gonna happen) it'll be Hassan Whiteside.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I'm sure this metric has issues -- I'd still say the players at the top are better defensive players -- and the players at the bottom are poor defenders.

IT ranks last ... #445 out of 445 in this ranking. (and by a lot -- player rankings range from something like +4 to -3.41 .... IT is -4.48)
Yeah that has been trending in Boston media. It brings on the question how much does Danny pay for IT. One thing for sure, if I could choose anyone to score for me, its IT, especially in the 4th

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that has been trending in Boston media. It brings on the question how much does Danny pay for IT. One thing for sure, if I could choose anyone to score for me, its IT, especially in the 4th
id take Kyrie and his scoring over IT anyday.

I have seen Kyrie put up 57 in San Antonio. I have seen Kyrie put up 55 at home vs. Portland and hit a game winner with Batum covering him. I have seen Kyrie put up 40 in a Finals game in Golden State.

I just saw Kyrie put up an East-high 11 points in OT. Or his insane spin move to win against Klay and GSW earlier this season.

Thomas isnt far down my list, but he is below KI.

the listo f game winners Kyrie has hit in his career is insane for a 24 year old.

these 2 guys will be forever linked- they really go at eachother when they play eachother- KI was the 1st pick in the draft and Thomas was the last pick in that same draft and Thomas has a chip on his shoulder becuase of it and these 2 do battle.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Below are some other facts about ESPN's DRPM (defensive ranking) -- focusing on the bottom feeders.

Near the bottom of shooting gaurds: Jamal Crawford, Crabbe (surprise), Hield, DeRozan, Korver, Devin Booker & Lou Willistons. (most makes sense)
SFs: Ingram is last, then McBuckets, and Wiggins. (I'm shocked Wiggins is that bad.)
PFs: J Parker is last, then Saric, then Frye. (Frye gets overmatched some at center, I think)
Cs: KA Towns, Okafor, Kanter, AlJeff, Zubac, Frank Kaminsky (my man).

Again, I don't know a lot of details about this metric -- but results mostly make sense.