• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Still Say The Redskins Should Sign Dez Bryant To The 1 Year Deal

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is saying he wants a 1 year prove it deal why not we don't have the greatest receiving core

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is saying he wants a 1 year prove it deal why not we don't have the greatest receiving core

I agree especially since we didn’t address WR in the draft.

VT_Antzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We certainly are not signing Hankins anymore since we drafted two solid DTs.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope. saved money for extensions next off-season
And, we could possibly add a veteran WR and Guard after June 1 cuts. We are sitting fairly good right now in terms of providing some depth to the roster after this draft.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, we could possibly add a veteran WR and Guard after June 1 cuts. We are sitting fairly good right now in terms of providing some depth to the roster after this draft.
good place to be in i agree

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, it wouldn't bother me, but I would hate to see a solid LG become available late in camp and our money is tied up in Dez.

Fact is, we are a better team with Dez on the roster. Not sure about the fit, or the temperaure of the locker room, but he'd instantly be the best WR on the roster.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me ask this.

Let’s say we give Dez his one year deal. He proves he still has it. Do we try to sign him next season on a long term deal for 15 mil per season? Realistically, the answer is no or should be no.

So we allow him to use us, but he only makes us slightly better this season.

The whole reason we went with Alex Smith was to save money for upcoming FAs like Scherff, Crowder, and Preston Smith. If we were going to waste money on Dez, why not pay Kirk instead?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a perfect world, yeah. Bruce fked that up and Kirk was never going to sign here. He was in Minnesota during the SB because he already knew he was going there. All that "let me catch my breath, if they'll have me," nonsense was lip service for the fans. Kirk is a good guy and didn't want to be hated by the fans.

Now back to Dez, I guess you really only sign Dez if you feel he makes you a playoff team. If not, what's the point? That's what burns me up about this team. It seems they have no sense of direction. Why trade for Alex, just to basically sit out free agency? They must really feel all the injuries cost them a chance to be real contenders last year. We will find out shortly.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a perfect world, yeah. Bruce fked that up and Kirk was never going to sign here. He was in Minnesota during the SB because he already knew he was going there. All that "let me catch my breath, if they'll have me," nonsense was lip service for the fans. Kirk is a good guy and didn't want to be hated by the fans.

Now back to Dez, I guess you really only sign Dez if you feel he makes you a playoff team. If not, what's the point? That's what burns me up about this team. It seems they have no sense of direction. Why trade for Alex, just to basically sit out free agency? They must really feel all the injuries cost them a chance to be real contenders last year. We will find out shortly.

Exactly my point. If you are going to do something, then do it.

If we need the cap space to resign those free agents I mentioned, then why give Alex Smith a contract as large as we did, when we could have signed Teddy Bridgewater for nothing. We would also have Fuller and drafted Mason Rudolph.

So, now I do not understand the change of pace and going after people like Dez.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NOt to be a dick. But if the thinking was, Injuries were the problem. Would it not have made sense to at least TRY to resign Cousins?? Even if he said no, you at least make the attempt. The way I see it, Bruce never even tried, and had decided LONG before the season ended that they were going in a different direction at QB.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason being is they REALLY feel they were a contender last year minus the injuries. They felt Bridewater or Rudolph gave then no chance to compete next year, as did I. That's why I stumped for Alex so hard. He represented the smallest dropoff from Kirk. By trading a 3rd and Fuller, I assumed they were all in on next year and would go hard in FA. They didn't. That means one of two things. They love the roster they had and think they are ready to go fully healthy or it was a PR stunt to soften the blow of Kirk owning them for two years and getting the last laugh by signing with a TRUE contender.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
NOt to be a dick. But if the thinking was, Injuries were the problem. Would it not have made sense to at least TRY to resign Cousins?? Even if he said no, you at least make the attempt. The way I see it, Bruce never even tried, and had decided LONG before the season ended that they were going in a different direction at QB.

I think when Kirk didn't return their phone calls, they knew that ship had sailed.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

I think when Kirk didn't return their phone calls, they knew that ship had sailed.

I think they never even made the phone call. SO they sunk the ship.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team lost Kirk the minute Bruce held that ridiculous press conference where he basically said Kirk was greedy and couldn't for the life of him get his first name correct.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team lost Kirk the minute Bruce held that ridiculous press conference where he basically said Kirk was greedy and couldn't for the life of him get his first name correct.

YOu cant lose something you didnt really want to keep.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOu cant lose something you didnt really want to keep.
I think when Kirk wanted us, we didn't want him. By the time we wanted him, he no longer wanted or needed us.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me ask this.

Let’s say we give Dez his one year deal. He proves he still has it. Do we try to sign him next season on a long term deal for 15 mil per season? Realistically, the answer is no or should be no.

So we allow him to use us, but he only makes us slightly better this season.

The whole reason we went with Alex Smith was to save money for upcoming FAs like Scherff, Crowder, and Preston Smith. If we were going to waste money on Dez, why not pay Kirk instead?

If its a 1 year deal ww both use each other

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its a 1 year deal ww both use each other

Because the excuse used for not signing KC was to have room to sign our own next season. Signing a one year rental has the opposite effect.

Again, that is another reason it was stupid to sign Alex Smith. We paid a very high rate for him while losing the good deal we had in Fuller, and now we can attach the name Mason Rudolph to the third rounder we gave up.