• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I like what I am hearing on Ertz

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I am a glass half full guy on some of the things happening with the Eagles right now, but there are some positives.

Ertz reportedly sought out Tony Gonzalez this offseason, to work on becoming an elite TE, and also worked with legendary o-line coach Hudson Hauck to improve his blocking.

He sounds like a guy who is doing everything he can to take the next step and become a Pro Bowl caliber player. Between him and Matthews we certainly have some guys on offense who work hard and are ambitious and want to do whatever it takes.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never had doubts about Ertz.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the fact that he shows up for OTAs.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ertz is one of the few truly jersey worthy players right now. Great to see him improving himself this way.

I like the fact that he shows up for OTAs.

nice dig

I'm sure you will change your tune if he becomes elite, and suddenly wants more money tho.

Guess we'll have to wait and see how the FO handles it first, to see what your opinion will be.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is jersey worthy in Chip's world. He will clearly cut anyone.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fully expecting Ertz and Celek's playing time to be flipflopped this year. As good a guy and teammate as Celek is, he is no Zach Ertz. At some point this year or next, Celek is probably going to need to take a back seat which will eventually require a cut in pay. It will be interesting to see if he is willing to do that.

The offensive scheme seems to favor Jordan Matthews as a slot receiver. And with Matthews being as good as he is, it limits the opportunities to deploy a 2nd TE there or a back like Sproles. It seems the playing time losers in this scenario are Sproles and Celek. I think though Kelly would like to compensate for that by running 80+ plays per game, which can provide a pretty healthy workload to even a part time role player.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I am a glass half full guy on some of the things happening with the Eagles right now, but there are some positives.

Ertz reportedly sought out Tony Gonzalez this offseason, to work on becoming an elite TE, and also worked with legendary o-line coach Hudson Hauck to improve his blocking.

He sounds like a guy who is doing everything he can to take the next step and become a Pro Bowl caliber player. Between him and Matthews we certainly have some guys on offense who work hard and are ambitious and want to do whatever it takes.

These type of players will make teams great. I believe Ertz was already going to be a stud but he is putting in that extra work that makes you elite.

The NFL is different now when it comes to preparation. Training camp is shorter. Practices that are required to be conducted without pads and few preseason games. The only way elite teams will stay on top is if they have a roster of players that work harder than most.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fully expecting Ertz and Celek's playing time to be flipflopped this year. As good a guy and teammate as Celek is, he is no Zach Ertz. At some point this year or next, Celek is probably going to need to take a back seat which will eventually require a cut in pay. It will be interesting to see if he is willing to do that.
Celek may have started last year, but i think Ertz got more PT.

Celek made a few plays here and there but he's about done. Let us commence the bashing narrative to hasten his departure!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEs take a few years to develop. Big difference for them at this level.

I'm expecting big things out of Ertz. Especially with Bradford, but we see Sanchez will look to him often as well.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ertz doesn't improve his blocking substantially, he won't get any more pt than he got last year.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celek may have started last year, but i think Ertz got more PT.

Celek made a few plays here and there but he's about done. Let us commence the bashing narrative to hasten his departure!

Good - Celek was never any good - I can't believe he is still on the team
Kelly is a raving lunatic getting rid of quality players like Jackson, McCoy, and Mathis and keeping this turd in the punchbowl