• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I like Turbin

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUT....can we agree that the "Turbin as a kickoff returner" experiment should be shelved? Ever since Kearse's injury and they started using Turbin on kick-offs he's looked terrible and made bad decisions about running out of the endzone when he should have just kneeled. Yesterday's gong show performance just clinched it for me.

Let's get Harvin back there, and if he's still banged up let's use Kearse again, and if he's still banged up let's use Baldwin. Anyone but Turbin.

Turbin is great as a secondary back behind Beast. That's where he should stay.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed that they should take Turbin off of KR duty. I like him as a runningback but not as a kick returner. Not only does he not hold on to the ball but he has not been impressive and made poor decisions. Put Kearse, Tate or Baldwin back there if you have to, just take Turbin off.

I'm thankful that Carroll took Turbin off of KR duty after that fumble. Hopefully he decides to keep it that way.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't work on his fundamentals of simply carrying the football...

He's not going to be an effective returner OR Running back.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually like him as a relief back for Lynch and I think he runs well in that situation. He seems to hold the ball better too when taking a hand-off compared to taking a kick-off. Maybe its because he's in a crowd with a hand-off he's more aware of ball control, but when taking a kick-off he feels looser because of all the open space. I don't know what it is but if he continues as a RB only I'd be fine with it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

True. For some reason, he's very prone to fumbling as a kick returner, but he doesn't seem to fumble very often when he plays RB. It looks like he doesn't tuck the ball in as tightly when he's returning kickoffs as when he's carrying the ball as an RB.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Turbin has been playing himself off the team all year and yesterday's game clinched his fate. I would be surprised to see him on the team next year, especially with Michael waiting in the wings. They gave him a chance to try and find a new spot where he can actually help the team and he failed miserably. I mean, really, you knock the ball out of your own hand with your knee? I like Turbin as a guy, but not as the backup RB for the Hawks.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a Turbin fan. He's been nothing but mediocre since he's been here in my opinion. Lets get Michael on the field and see what he's about.

Ksfnslayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been open minded but thus far have not been overly impressed. Impressive size and probably speed but Mack Strong was much more impressive.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called that fumble before it happened… Turbin mentally in the open field in kick returns get's sloppy with the ball and carries it WAY to far away from his body… Experiment should be done YES..

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be in favor of having someone else returning kicks. Baldwin handled it well yesterday, so I think he ought to be that someone else.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really miss having Leon Washington back there. Our kick return game has been one of the bottom 5 in the league this year. It just sucks cause our punt return game is one of the best in the league. I don't think Tate has returned one to the house just yet but he gives us such great field position every game.

Our team is so predicated on getting good field position. It would be nice to have someone like a Patrick Peterson who is always a threat to take it to the house, but I would settle for someone who can get us to the 30 or 40 every now and then. I think Baldwin can be that guy. In the Zona game he returned one for 37 yards and that set us up for the td drive. In 2011 when he returned a kick he also returned it 37 yds.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thought was wow he can't even run out there. First kickoff of the second half he slipped and nearly lost the football. That's why I was so shocked to see him again the next time only for him to actually loses that one. I kept thinking why is PC letting him back there? Well lets see if it changes now.