• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I just used 65% of my FA budget on one player..

Stupid or not?

• Stupid

• Not

• Potato Salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you read that right.

I mentioned it briefly during my one last keeper thread, but in a 7 sport league the rookie draft was just completed. I took over for a position half way through the baseball season and one of my 4 rookie draft picks was already gone.

1st round I got Darrell Henderson with the 9th pick as a handcuff for Gurley.
3rd round I got Josh Allen (yes it's also an IDP league)
4th round I got Byron Murphy

So all pretty decent talent.

Free agency opened up for bids this morning with only 1 real "good" player available. 12 teams x 40 man rosters = very little free agency talent left

The only good player left? Damien Williams. I put in a bid for $65 of my $100 budget and won.

This may seem foolish but the 5 next best RBs available according to projected points are as follows:

CJ Anderson
Andre Ellington
James Develin
Cameron Artis Payne
Elijhaa Penny

I also threw $10 at DaeSean Hamilton so 3/4 of my FA budget is gone for the season already

Was it a stupid idea?

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams has a lot of value atm i might even have gone a bit higher even though i would have just been grabbing him so i could try and trade him away. If you do any trades try and get some faab budget as a throw in if the league allows trading it a lot of owners don't value it at all.

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams has a lot of value atm i might even have gone a bit higher even though i would have just been grabbing him so i could try and trade him away. If you do any trades try and get some faab budget as a throw in if the league allows trading it a lot of owners don't value it at all.

I don't think I can trade FAAB but honestly there's nothing else there. I have 2 more claims in for a CB and a backup kicker at $1 a piece but 6 of the top 10 players available based on projected points are kickers

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not stupid, and I love potato salad. Thanks for the extra choice. :)

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, not stupid at all. I'm surprised you didn't spend the whole wad.

I almost went up to $90 but I didn't think anybody would be bold enough to even go $50 so I went with the safe bet at $65

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost went up to $90 but I didn't think anybody would be bold enough to even go $50 so I went with the safe bet at $65
Well your lucky I'm not in that league, because I'd out bid you. :dhd:

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well your lucky I'm not in that league, because I'd out bid you. :dhd:

Hahah I'm facing a steep hill in every sport in this league, I had to do something crazy. The guy who runs the league won 6 of the 7 sports last year, I'm thinking there's something fishy with it but I'll play along for now since it's free

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahah I'm facing a steep hill in every sport in this league, I had to do something crazy. The guy who runs the league won 6 of the 7 sports last year, I'm thinking there's something fishy with it but I'll play along for now since it's free
Mmm commish wins 6 out of 7. Either he's just special, extremely lucky, or something. You should be able to discover which it is in short order.

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmm commish wins 6 out of 7. Either he's just special, extremely lucky, or something. You should be able to discover which it is in short order.

I've looked back at trades that happened between him and other lower placing teams and sensed something off. Seems to get a decent player for low draft picks from the same couple of teams for every sport. But it's free so it's all for good fun and I'll enjoy trying to build up a solid minors/reserve squad in every league

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've looked back at trades that happened between him and other lower placing teams and sensed something off. Seems to get a decent player for low draft picks from the same couple of teams for every sport. But it's free so it's all for good fun and I'll enjoy trying to build up a solid minors/reserve squad in every league
Well maybe he just has trade partners he connects with IDK. Free for me, means something different then for you. I got a ton of leagues that have money involved, so would not put up with funny business in a free league as a rule. Especially if my ties with said league are fairly new, I make exceptions for leagues that go back a ways.
Good luck though. Hope it all works out great!:suds:

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe he just has trade partners he connects with IDK. Free for me, means something different then for you. I got a ton of leagues that have money involved, so would not put up with funny business in a free league as a rule. Especially if my ties with said league are fairly new, I make exceptions for leagues that go back a ways.
Good luck though. Hope it all works out great!:suds:

I had a league on ESPN where I was actually checking the roster moves of a team who just so happened to be an LM and always making the right choices (IE benching Kershaw when he had a bad game) and he was abusing LM privileges to change his roster after things happened. I dropped that one real quick, but until I have full blown proof something is happening I'll play along and try to play spoiler to ruin some poor sap's only entertainment

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The $10 on Hamilton was probably dumber than the 65 on Williams. Denver won't be passing a ton, and Hamilton is way down the list in order if target share...and its no given he's the slot man

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The $10 on Hamilton was probably dumber than the 65 on Williams. Denver won't be passing a ton, and Hamilton is way down the list in order if target share...and its no given he's the slot man

Full keeper. Keep as many as you want year in year out. I figured he's not a terrible guy to stash. And like with the RBs, there's not a whole lot of talent behind him on the FA market

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a league on ESPN where I was actually checking the roster moves of a team who just so happened to be an LM and always making the right choices (IE benching Kershaw when he had a bad game) and he was abusing LM privileges to change his roster after things happened. I dropped that one real quick, but until I have full blown proof something is happening I'll play along and try to play spoiler to ruin some poor sap's only entertainment
Well yeah someone changing their lineup after the fact would make me go nuclear. IDK how anyone would think he'd get away with that.:scratch:

I won't think that would be even possible TBH.

Last edited:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andre Ellington; there's one of the Forgotten Ones, right up there with Paul Perkins.