• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I just realized this

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sorry, I know a lot of people are sick of the constant Alex Smith trade hate but I just realized this and it bothers me so much I had to share.

We sent Kendall Fuller and our 3rd round pick (#78 overall) for Alex Smith and will pay him more than $22 million a year for the next 5 years. He is 34 years old.

The Cardinals sent #15 overall and #79 overall and their 5th round pick to move up to #10 and select Josh Rosen. They will pay him less than $18 million the next 4 years combined. He is 21 years old.

Obviously if we offered #13, #78, and our 5th we could have moved up and taken Rosen, kept Fuller, and saved a whole bundle of money which could then be used on somebody like Hankins to help the DL.

Option A: Alex Smith, Daron Payne, Tim Settle

Option B: Josh Rosen, Kendall Fuller, Jonathan Hankins (plus additional and future cap flexibility).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sorry, I know a lot of people are sick of the constant Alex Smith trade hate but I just realized this and it bothers me so much I had to share.

We sent Kendall Fuller and our 3rd round pick (#78 overall) for Alex Smith and will pay him more than $22 million a year for the next 5 years. He is 34 years old.

The Cardinals sent #15 overall and #79 overall and their 5th round pick to move up to #10 and select Josh Rosen. They will pay him less than $18 million the next 4 years combined. He is 21 years old.

Obviously if we offered #13, #78, and our 5th we could have moved up and taken Rosen, kept Fuller, and saved a whole bundle of money which could then be used on somebody like Hankins to help the DL.

Option A: Alex Smith, Daron Payne, Tim Settle

Option B: Josh Rosen, Kendall Fuller, Jonathan Hankins (plus additional and future cap flexibility).

Perhaps but I would just advise you to let it go. You could perhaps draw up lots of hypotheticals like that. For starters nobody knew at the time that Rosen would be available that late & who knows if he will turn out that well. I just hope that Smith is good enough for a few more years since they can start to find a replacement in that time. In the meantime the Skins should be feeling really good about having a solid D line & I would much rather build that via the draft than free agency. We will see.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps but I would just advise you to let it go. You could perhaps draw up lots of hypotheticals like that. For starters nobody knew at the time that Rosen would be available that late & who knows if he will turn out that well. I just hope that Smith is good enough for a few more years since they can start to find a replacement in that time. In the meantime the Skins should be feeling really good about having a solid D line & I would much rather build that via the draft than free agency. We will see.

Youre right. Just kind of a realization that I just had and couldnt help but share. Ill certainly be rooting for Smith right along with everybody else. And I agree there were some positives this offseason and are still some things to feel good about. Hopefully Smith keeps us afloat and we keep improving.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happens dude, time to just let it ride. IM fine with what we did AFTER the trade. I will watch to see what Smith does. At the end of the day if the defense improves, it will just set the team up for the next QB if nothing else.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my things is will CDC do what people dinged KC for ? i dont think so and that in of in itself doesnt bother me . i just dont think the resources were put up last season to garner success

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my things is will CDC do what people dinged KC for ? i dont think so and that in of in itself doesnt bother me . i just dont think the resources were put up last season to garner success

Agreed.

LAst year was about prove you can carry the team.

This year is about, put the team around the QB to prove we didnt make a mistake.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

LAst year was about prove you can carry the team.

This year is about, put the team around the QB to prove we didnt make a mistake.

exactly