• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I got a ton of chicken breasts, boneless

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about tossing them in a slowcooker, any recipe ideas?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did it once... came out ok.... granted it takes 90 minutes

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and for a second there by the title of your thread I thought this was a strip club post... then I realized it was in the food and entertainment board

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add enough Italian dressing to coat each piece without them swimming in it. Pepper to choice. It comes out juicy and tangy. Tastes great on salads or with a baked potato plus veggies or whatever.

Another, simpler option is to just do a simple salt and pepper rub then add whatever spice and herbs you want right before you eat. That way you're not stuck with the same flavor all week. If you have time and space, grilling them would be better with this option than using the slow cooker.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd keep it simple...boil it with some spices.

Add to it, as you go during the week...i.e, BBQ sauce, TACO seasonings en sech

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd keep it simple...boil it with some spices.

Add to it, as you go during the week...i.e, BBQ sauce, TACO seasonings en sech

Boiled chicken? Blecch

Marinade it in olive oil, salt pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper, cilantro and parsley. Grill. Enjoy

Takes maybe five minutes to make the marinade, let it chill there for 30 minutes and then grill - easy and tasty. Eat with rice or make chicken tacos with it.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sometimes buy turkey breast, and slowcook it. Normally just take some french onion soup dry mix and rub it on 'em. Might work with the yardbird.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there we go , i wanna make like a ton at once, so i DONT have to cook the next few days you know, if its decent, i dont care about repetition

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boiled chicken? Blecch

Marinade it in olive oil, salt pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper, cilantro and parsley. Grill. Enjoy

Takes maybe five minutes to make the marinade, let it chill there for 30 minutes and then grill - easy and tasty. Eat with rice or make chicken tacos with it.

I usually will sear it first and finish it in stock and a few spices.

I just suggested that to keep it neutral, so that you could take it in any direction throughout the week.

Is it my preferred method? No, but either is making all my food for the week in one shot.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont like to either bear, but when u know times gonna be short, its better than hitting mcdonalds or booger king

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sometimes do like to make food for a week like that when I'm working shitty clinical hours. There's one shift that I get my 40 hours done in 3 days total. Friday 5 pm - Sat 9 am. Sat 5pm - Sun 9 am. Then Sun 5pm to 1 am. It's an awful shift, and I want food I can just eat, not mess around with. Plus you don't always get full or convenient breaks to eat at the hospital.

I throw a bag of boneless skinless breasts into the slow cooker with some Asian flavor. It's different every time, sometimes I just buy generals tsao's sauce, or hoisen, or teriyaki. Other times I make my own, or even just use soy sauce. A lot of times I'll throw fresh chopped mushrooms in there too, just button are fine, but my grocery store sells this pack called a "restaurant blend" and it has 3-4 different kinds of mushrooms already chopped up together so I tend to use that. I make up a huge batch of white rice in the rice cooker right before I start the chicken. Throw the rice in the fridge for a day when it's done, let the chicken cook overnight until it shreds.

Once I get around to it the next day, I throw in a bag of frozen veggies from the freezer. I just get something that says it's for Asian stir fry, but you can get whatever. Let those thaw in with the chicken for at least 30 mins. Or a couple hours, doesn't really matter too much. Then I just make up in diva servings in Tupperware containers, by taking equal parts rice and chicken/veggies. Throw them in a wok with some oil and more soy sauce (or whatever sauce you wanted) and fry it up for 3-4 minutes.

It makes plenty of food, but I like it because when I'm dog asked tired I can just shovel it in my mouth without having to think about it. And it will still taste good, be reasonably cheap, reasonably healthy, plenty filling and tastes good cold or reheated. You can gourmet it up quite a bit by not using a slow cooker or frozen veggies, or whatever. But for the amount of work it takes me, it's a personal favorite.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like the suggestion, now the chicken i made in the slow cooker seemed slightly dry, and ive read some stuff onlien that chicen breasts boneless in the slow cooker will almost always be dry to the low fat content, and nature of the cooking method, any truth on your end

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I cook it in liquid until it shreds, and I stir it up with the veggies. It literally comes apart into individual fibers. Then frying it up and mixing it with rice probably dries it out if it wasn't already. But like I said I kinda just shovel it in my mouth, I don't pick at it like my kids. A big scoop with rice, broccoli, and chicken is always moist enough a a whole that I don't notice the chicken being individually dry.

But if you're expecting gourmet 5 star meals made a week of food at a time in a slow cooker... I imagine that search will take some time.

Neb4life

Eat more BEEF !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,263.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw them out, chicken is bad for you. Eat more beef.