• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I feel like I'm alone here

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Used to watch fairly regularly throughout the '90s & '00s. Went to every Brickyard 400 from '94-'09 (except '95 - gambled on a rain-out & lost).

Got tired of the way that NASCAR tries to 'orchestrate' a constant pack & close finish. - Plus 36 races at 3+ hours per got to be a bit much.

Might make it back to the Brickyard again if they make it a night race (there has been some generalized talk about that prospect).

Now if you want to talk IndyCar or F1, I'm there.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to be heavily into it.. Hell the family and I used to hit a different track every year. Did that for almost 20 years, but then NASCAR started toying with shit, throwing up imaginary yellows just to get Gordon into a position to win yet again. I mean, it was obvious to anyone that NASCAR was basically fixing the outcomes of the races to create controversy and to line their pockets. That was when we all said "screw this shit" and quit following/watching.

Um, I don't wanna hear this crock. Jeff Gordon loses far more races these days due to "cautions" or bad luck than he actually wins. He probably finishes 2nd place or dominates a race only to have a mechanical problem more than anyone else between wins. He's still legitimately one of the best drivers out there, even after 20 years of racing.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, I don't wanna hear this crock. Jeff Gordon loses far more races these days due to "cautions" or bad luck than he actually wins. He probably finishes 2nd place or dominates a race only to have a mechanical problem more than anyone else between wins. He's still legitimately one of the best drivers out there, even after 20 years of racing.

You don't have to believe it, the rest of us did at the time though.

...and I'm not talking these days Mav. I'm talking about his first 5-6 years where everything was slanted his way.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to believe it, the rest of us did at the time though.

...and I'm not talking these days Mav. I'm talking about his first 5-6 years where everything was slanted his way.

Well, there's no denying that Gordon and Evernham had something special going for maybe half a dozen years, but it's nothing that Johnson and Knaus haven't since duplicated. I would argue that they have dominated the sport even more, but that's largely due to the idiotic change in the points system.

Upstater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to watch all the time.

My father and I used to go to the dirt track every saturday night and did so until I started wanting to hang out with friends instead.

The thing that turned me off on it in all honesty happend to be "The car of tomorrow" and "Waltrips boogity boogity crap".

THe wing on the car I didn't like for some reason and found it hard to watch. I know that doesn't make a ton of sense.

Waltrip used to be my favorite driver. He is one of my least favorite broadcasters.

I am not sure what can get me back into it again if anything.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there's no denying that Gordon and Evernham had something special going for maybe half a dozen years, but it's nothing that Johnson and Knaus haven't since duplicated. I would argue that they have dominated the sport even more, but that's largely due to the idiotic change in the points system.

Oh, I def agree. Hey, I'm not antiGordon. I'm just pointing out how it was when Baby Ruth boy came out of Busch. Add in the Johnson/Knaus duo and I bailed. Not completely, but I quit making it to races and being glued to the tube on Sundays.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I def agree. Hey, I'm not antiGordon. I'm just pointing out how it was when Baby Ruth boy came out of Busch. Add in the Johnson/Knaus duo and I bailed. Not completely, but I quit making it to races and being glued to the tube on Sundays.

Glad to hear that...lol I was about to knock you down a couple pegs in personal rep...

I know Gordon is loved and hated by many, but if you truly know the sport well, you would at least respect the man's driving talent by now regardless. He's a legend and a pioneer of the sport. There is no way around it.

Upstater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't stand Jeff Gordon for the longest time. Every race I went to he won with the exception of the 1986 Daytona 500 because he wasn't racing.

It just got annoying to see him win.

I do respect his ability now and think that he is what has carried this sport for as long as he has been a part of it.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't stand Jeff Gordon for the longest time. Every race I went to he won with the exception of the 1986 Daytona 500 because he wasn't racing.

It just got annoying to see him win.

I do respect his ability now and think that he is what has carried this sport for as long as he has been a part of it.

I would also say that I've never seen a guy win more races without having to wreck people to do it. I'm not saying Gordon never wrecked anyone because that's not true, but more times than not, he'd race you clean and still beat you.

These days, Gordon probably takes a lot more abuse than he dishes out. I was thrilled to see him finally dump Bowyer and get some revenge. The win at Homestead (over Bowyer mind you) only made it that much sweeter. I hope he stays strong and prevalent in the sport for many more years to come.

I guess I sort of love Gordon because he's the Anti-Earnhardt Sr...Quite frankly, he did it cleaner and better. I respect both of them, but ultimately knock Sr. down a peg for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

preisman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to watch all the races, but Formula 1 has gotten a lot better. And I started watching Australian V8 Supercars which has the best racing. Either way, I will be watching as many NASCAR races as I can, and talking about the races here.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also say that I've never seen a guy win more races without having to wreck people to do it. I'm not saying Gordon never wrecked anyone because that's not true, but more times than not, he'd race you clean and still beat you.

These days, Gordon probably takes a lot more abuse than he dishes out. I was thrilled to see him finally dump Bowyer and get some revenge. The win at Homestead (over Bowyer mind you) only made it that much sweeter. I hope he stays strong and prevalent in the sport for many more years to come.

I guess I sort of love Gordon because he's the Anti-Earnhardt Sr...Quite frankly, he did it cleaner and better. I respect both of them, but ultimately knock Sr. d own a peg for that.

No stones. Evernham and Hendrick set him up in cars a chimp could win with. Dale Sr. Could win in a volkswagon. He wasn't dirty. He WAS a racecar driver not a nascar pretty boy. Now, I think Jeffie poo is a good driver, don't get me wrong, but he's no Big E. And as far as these new guys are concerned, they are hardly more than a pretty face to sell a product. Jimmy Johnson can't win without the COT. Knaus had that piece of garbage figured out.

We'll see what this season brings. Nascar has peaked. It will never see the popularity it had in the 80's and 90's again. They had an awesome package and completely fucked it up. They tried going the PC route by getting rid of Winston and Busch and lost respect from old school fans. Then in an effort to maximize their profit they moved westward. Stealing races from N. Wilksboro, Rockingham, and Darlington. Further alienating themselves from their base fan. Then they fucked up the points system and yet again the old school fans fell by the wayside. Then they gave us the COT in the name of parity or equality. Who the fuck wants that other than the manufacturer? All about the money.

Now every change they make is inching back to what they had before fucking it up. I say it's a little late. I have more to say but this is already long winded and mostly an unorganized rambling thought. I hate those greedy fucks for what they did to a sport I loved.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know when the yahoo fantasy nascar starts?? I know the season starts in feb,just curious about the other. :peace:

GuyS24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GuyS24 Saying hello

Well, Nascar 2013 has arrived. Twitter is hot with Nascarfollowback where Fan's follow fan's. Just letting you know I read your thread. Hope your on twitter, Nascar drivers are in full force talking to fan's. I'm GoGordon24 on twitter. also, I host a racing forum to. I don't mind going to other forums. More fun that way. if your looking for a good race league, were holding a 2013 Racing league for Sprint Cup. at NascarRacingWebsite . com we have lots of new members in 2013. I will tell them about here too to help out. Have a great 2013 Nascar Season.
I'll be starting other Nascar threads.