• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I can see it taking a couple of years to build of the Defense

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Stoops knows that things have gone downhill and he isn't ignoring things. That's why he cleaned house and let a few of his long time assistants go. I remember when Mike Stoops first came, he mentioned something about lack of talent(he didn't use that phrase, was trying to be....nice in reference to the talent that he had to work with) and it may take some time to bring in some fighters. Let alone with 3 new young coaches Bedenbaugh, Montgomery, and Boulware. I am curious about what kind of recruiting we will see in the next year or the year after once they have been able to establish relationships and connections.

I'll admit, I am going to be an optomist. Next year may be ugly (but possible 10 win season) but I think the year after OU should be on a better track.

But I also admit that the idea of Bob leaving makes me leary. Good coaches are hard to come buy, and overall he his pretty damn good. I guess I just know the pre-Stoops era, and I just don't want to go down that path again.

wardogharry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Stoops knows that things have gone downhill and he isn't ignoring things. That's why he cleaned house and let a few of his long time assistants go. I remember when Mike Stoops first came, he mentioned something about lack of talent(he didn't use that phrase, was trying to be....nice in reference to the talent that he had to work with) and it may take some time to bring in some fighters. Let alone with 3 new young coaches Bedenbaugh, Montgomery, and Boulware. I am curious about what kind of recruiting we will see in the next year or the year after once they have been able to establish relationships and connections.

I'll admit, I am going to be an optomist. Next year may be ugly (but possible 10 win season) but I think the year after OU should be on a better track.

But I also admit that the idea of Bob leaving makes me leary. Good coaches are hard to come buy, and overall he his pretty damn good. I guess I just know the pre-Stoops era, and I just don't want to go down that path again.

Have to say it is shocking how far the defense has fallen in such a short time and stopping the run is problem number one. I looked and as of today there are only 3 DTackles on the roster. And unfortunately, their names aren't Lee Roy, Dewey and Lucious. Could be another long year of trying to stop a running game. I guess we shall see....

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say it is shocking how far the defense has fallen in such a short time and stopping the run is problem number one. I looked and as of today there are only 3 DTackles on the roster. And unfortunately, their names aren't Lee Roy, Dewey and Lucious. Could be another long year of trying to stop a running game. I guess we shall see....

Luckily for OU most of the offenses in the B12 are pass happy, well were for the past few years anyways. We will see how it plays out this year, but the D is going have to step up big time for this team to be competitive especially I'm close games.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent no doubt has a lot to do with it. We have been missing that beast D-line for several years now but I think the fast tempo of the offense has played its roll in the defensive decline. What I'm saying is if we want a defensive change, we need an offensive one too.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent no doubt has a lot to do with it. We have been missing that beast D-line for several years now but I think the fast tempo of the offense has played its roll in the defensive decline. What I'm saying is if we want a defensive change, we need an offensive one too.

Slow the game down, control TOP