• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hypothetical Trade

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byfield for Lafreniere, would you do it? I wouldn't, personally... But based on manys feedback of Byfield on here I am wondering if those would. Both underperforming top picks, maybe a change of scenery would help and it feels like Kings and Rangers are common trade partners for these type of deals.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a negative. I don't think either of these guys will pan out and were not worthy of their draft positions. In so many redrafts neither of these two went 1 and 2, and in one specific one I saw Buster fall all the way to 10th.

The Kings already tried a NY reclamation project in Lias Anderssson (1st/7th/2017, 4 spots before The Legend) and that didn't work out and I don't think he will be part of the Kings organization by fall. The Kings sent a 2nd round pick for him and it failed, but at least it wasn't their own 2nd round pick (it belonged to Vegas from the Martinez trade) which is pretty much the only saving grace from this deal.

The Kings looked at Andersson that year, these were the last ten 7th overall picks prior, some solid names in there so it makes sense that a pick that high could work out:
  • 2016 – Clayton Keller, Arizona
  • 2015 – Ivan Provorov, Philadelphia
  • 2014 – Haydn Fleury, Carolina
  • 2013 – Darnell Nurse, Edmonton
  • 2012 – Matt Dumba, Minnesota
  • 2011 – Mark Scheifele, Winnipeg
  • 2010 – Jeff Skinner, Carolina
  • 2009 – Nazem Kadri, Toronto
  • 2008 – Colin Wilson, Nashville
  • 2007 – Jakub Voracek, Columbus

It didnt, and I don't want to see another attempt at a project prospect. The Kings have too many as is that aren't panning out. If Buster will be traded I want it to be for an established NHL scoring forward or a legitimate LHD in I'm sure some sort of package to address real needs on this team.

Enough with the science experiments.

Last edited:

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks, move him in a package for something they need.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d say Q has at most one more season if not less left, before the Kings move on.
If anything, they will probably trade him for picks. Maybe and that’s a really liberal maybe, they can get a second and a third for him.