• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hypothetical Situation

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought about an interesting scenario and wanted to get your guys take on what you think the Seahawks would do. Since you have the division all but wrapped up, lets assume you guys have a tough hard fought win this weekend at the very last second. Would you consider "resting" your starters in week 16 against Arizona in hopes of them beating us out for the wildcard spot?

Pros:
Might keep us out of the playoffs

Cons:
Home winning streak is over
Might lose momentum before playoffs

Just curious on who you would rather play in the playoffs in Seattle. This isn't about being scared of either team, just your preference in opponents.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is a staff that will plan for either team as a playoff preference, and would rather go out and get the win period. The last three games against both AZ and SF in Seattle was scored 129-16 combined. Is there any preference?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think PC will rest players whenever possible,most likely not in SanFran though and as far as the playoff's it really does not matter to what team comes imo,i don't have any personal pref of any tbh.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think PC will rest players whenever possible,most likely not in SanFran though and as far as the playoff's it really does not matter to what team comes imo,i don't have any personal pref of any tbh.

So are you ok losing the home winning streak to rest players?

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you ok losing the home winning streak to rest players?

Monday showed what this team can be like if they are healthy and well rested. If the guys come out like they did the BYE and destroy any opponents. ABSOLUTELY YES.

The goal is to win the division and the SB. Anything else is second rate.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought about an interesting scenario and wanted to get your guys take on what you think the Seahawks would do. Since you have the division all but wrapped up, lets assume you guys have a tough hard fought win this weekend at the very last second. Would you consider "resting" your starters in week 16 against Arizona in hopes of them beating us out for the wildcard spot?

Pros:
Might keep us out of the playoffs

Cons:
Home winning streak is over
Might lose momentum before playoffs

Just curious on who you would rather play in the playoffs in Seattle. This isn't about being scared of either team, just your preference in opponents.

Man it's tough because people pay to see the games played competitively and to sit starters early while probably smart avoiding risking injury, it's still kinda bad for other teams in the wildcard hunts.. If the Arizona game has playoff implications and we just HAND them a win that kinda sucks for other teams battling for a spot… Wasn't the league addressing that at one point ?

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday showed what this team can be like if they are healthy and well rested. If the guys come out like they did the BYE and destroy any opponents. ABSOLUTELY YES.

The goal is to win the division and the SB. Anything else is second rate.

Yeah there is always the debate on when to start resting them. The packers finished like 15-1 two years ago, rested their starters the last two weeks and then had the bye... Lost their first game. Don't want too much rust...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man it's tough because people pay to see the games played competitively and to sit starters early while probably smart avoiding risking injury, it's still kinda bad for other teams in the wildcard hunts.. If the Arizona game has playoff implications and we just HAND them a win that kinda sucks for other teams battling for a spot… Wasn't the league addressing that at one point ?

You make an absolutely great point regarding the Cardinals. I hadn't thought about that.

AintNoSaint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theoretically....should we beat the Niners, and Zona finishes strong....they could headhunt our stars (Wilson, Lynch etc.) during that game under the supposition that THEY may be facing us in the play-offs instead of us facing the Niners. I say play the game to win it....and if we're WAY ahead in the late 3rd Qtr...bench the starters and let Tavaris and some of the others get some minutes in.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you rest anyone during an entire game, but if they were to sit the second half of the Rams game I am ok with that.

I sure hope they don't sit anyone during the AZ game, I'm flying up to that game and it wasn't cheap.

nk12thman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our backups would beat Arizona.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
easy answer. Destroy these teams so bad in the 1st half that they don't need to play the 2nd half. Go out there and dominate so you can get the rest.

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that REALLY makes me smile is that WHEN we beat the niners on sunday and if Arizona can finish strong there is a HIGH possibility that all niner fans will be forced to root for the Seahawks when we play the Cardinals just so they can make the playoffs....LMFAO at the thought of niner fans loathing us but having to root us on...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every coach faced with this decision is caught between a rock and a hard place. On the one hand, you worry about losing important players in games that, in terms of playoff position, don't matter. On the other hand, if you rest your guys too much before the playoffs, you risk having rusty players when they do play again, especially with the bye that first week.

I think what you might end up seeing is the healthier guys playing for as long as the game is competitive in each game and the guys that are banged up and could use a week to get right getting that rest. One of this team's mantras is to play each week to go 1-0 and they're deep enough to do that with backups in the game as we've seen throughout the season.

Having said that, this team just came off a bye week and is still getting players that had multi-week injuries back into the swing of things. As much as you might worry about those guys getting hurt again in games that don't matter in the standings, they need to play to get back into the groove and their teammates that have been out there without them need to be out there with them as much as possible. It'll be interesting to see how Carroll approaches it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawk players will be the 1st to say we still have a lot to work on.
I say play them until the game is no longer in doubt then substitute as much as possible.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough call. On the one hand you want the guys out there so the rust doesn't show after a long layoff. On the other hand, the last game is against the Rams and they've had our number for the last two years and have absolutely abused Wilson. I don't want a situation like the one year the Colts shut it down too early when they were dominating everyone and the rust showed in the playoffs, but I don't want to see someone key get injured.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this team and this coach both have that type of personality were they dont wanna sit players they wanna go out and beat everybody

Stratman72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You play to win the game! Let the rest sort itself out!

BeastHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it, if the team isn't out there to win, they're wasting everyone's time and money. As far as preference goes, I don't see what difference it makes if San Francisco or Arizona makes it in. First things first: Take care of business in the Stick then move on to the next game.