• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2019 season

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT: Trey Adams (5th year senior)
LG: Luke Wattenberg (4th year junior)
C: Chris Harris (Senior)
RG: Jaxson Kirkland (Sophomore)
RT: Jared Hilbers (Senior)

The defensive issues can be blamed on inexperience, but those guys have a lot of experience and talent. Pretty sure that Hilbers, Adams and Harris are all expected to be drafted. This is a group that should be one of the best offensive lines in the country given the talent and the experience. They're not bad, but they should be much better.

The thing that stands out to me is that whenever faced with any type of blitz, for some reason it's not picked up. IMO that falls on the coaches not preparing them well enough.

Thank you for posting that. That falls on both the HC and OL coach for allowing the line to regress.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not an excuse, but we just aren't at the level of Penn State, Ohio State or Alabama at this point. I would've been surprised if we won any of those games.
:nono:

Yes but against Ohio St they were still in it and even against Penn St ( that one came down to the last drive)
at best 2-1 in NY6 Bowl games

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Oline was the product of what they thought they had didn't live up to the hype.

Adams has had two major surgeries and has lost a step or two,
Hilbers was never anything big time
Wattenburg and Kirkland are still learning, and lets face it were 3 star guys coming into the program.

I think starting some of the new guys in the system already will give this coaching staff a better attack, where they can attack a certain side or hole and these guys can move people out of the way instead of this zone crap they have been running a while now.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was certainly very unexpected.

I guess the bright side is that I'm not sure the Huskies could've brought in someone better than Jimmy Lake to take over at HC. Now I really do believe that internally within the program that the writing was on the wall this would happen sooner rather than later and Lake was being groomed to succeed Petersen.

At this point I'm just trying to convince myself this is what is best for the program. At least we'll get a new offensive coordinator in all likelihood...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you guys wanted a coaching change and here you go!

Who wanted that (on here)? I’ll kick them square in the eDick.

Very small segment I've seen calling for Petersen's head. I'm still processing this. I have to say this is definitely the most unexpected thing to happen in Seattle sports that I can recall.

When I saw the article posted on social media I thought it was a hoax.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very small segment I've seen calling for Petersen's head. I'm still processing this. I have to say this is definitely the most unexpected thing to happen in Seattle sports that I can recall.

When I saw the article posted on social media I thought it was a hoax.
I’ve pretty much only seen them trolling in Facebook comments. I haven’t followed this thread too closely though, so figured maybe there was someone on here I missed.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve pretty much only seen them trolling in Facebook comments. I haven’t followed this thread too closely though, so figured maybe there was someone on here I missed.

I've seen some as well but IMO they mostly do it because it gets them attention. As I said I'm trying to make myself feel better about this, but Petersen did seem pretty burned out this season and maybe this is for the best. I just hope the recruiting class doesn't fall apart/we see a number of players enter the transfer portal.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen some as well but IMO they mostly do it because it gets them attention. As I said I'm trying to make myself feel better about this, but Petersen did seem pretty burned out this season and maybe this is for the best. I just hope the recruiting class doesn't fall apart/we see a number of players enter the transfer portal.
All signs point to this has been in the works for a while. And I agree, after the initial shock, it really isn’t all that surprising when you put everything together. Hopefully they’ve been on top of the recruiting angle to minimize the impact, assuming it has been planned.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All signs point to this has been in the works for a while. And I agree, after the initial shock, it really isn’t all that surprising when you put everything together. Hopefully they’ve been on top of the recruiting angle to minimize the impact, assuming it has been planned.

Agreed. Also I do believe that Lake was the best option for us. Not sure which other coaches would be on the market aside from possibly Urban Meyer. Given Lake's his success with the defense, his recruiting ability and familiarity with the program it makes sense to promote Lake instead of hiring someone else.

The 2020 season just got a lot more interesting.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have really spent the last three days making sure these recruits stay true.
I wish they would hurry and get the damn bowl game over with so we can see what changes there are to the coaching staff.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 related and not all that surprising, but I was holding out hope that he would stay:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have really spent the last three days making sure these recruits stay true.
I wish they would hurry and get the damn bowl game over with so we can see what changes there are to the coaching staff.

I worry about some of our commits on offense. Pretty clear that Hamden will likely be replaced and they probably know that. Wouldn't be surprised if a number of the commits on offense decide to wait and see regarding what the coaching staff will look like next year.

I get the impression that Ethan Garbers will likely re-open his recruitment, which would put us in a pretty shitty spot if Eason declares. Morris and Sirmon would be the only scholarship QBs if Garbers goes elsewhere and Eason declares for the draft.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry about some of our commits on offense. Pretty clear that Hamden will likely be replaced and they probably know that. Wouldn't be surprised if a number of the commits on offense decide to wait and see regarding what the coaching staff will look like next year.

I get the impression that Ethan Garbers will likely re-open his recruitment, which would put us in a pretty shitty spot if Eason declares. Morris and Sirmon would be the only scholarship QBs if Garbers goes elsewhere and Eason declares for the draft.
Do you think he looked at our offense this year and decided that that is why he committed to UW? I don't think Pete recruited those kind of kids. With saying that, Garbers SHOULD wait and see who Jimmy gets to run the offense, he would be stupid not too. I would put my money towards him staying committed though.