• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskers drop 2nd game to Creighton 8-5

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At Rosenblatt.

For light jacket weather there was poor attendance.
NU's baseball program continues it's steady decline since the departures of Van Horn and Childress. Anderson's team really doesn't do anything well and they are currently dead last in the Big XII.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said two years ago when I heard directly from a player about all that crap that was going on, I said "I don't know about Anderson"......I said that over on Disney. But right away I got scolded by someone....I can't remember who, but someone told me I was an idiot and that Anderson was the Tom Osborne of baseball.

I have no idea now what the team thinks of their head coach, because I have no ties with any of the current players.....but if the majority of the players didn't want to play for Anderson in 2007, then it makes me wonder what the players are thinking now. I just remember seeing such a dead dugout back then.....no excitement, no drive....nothin. Hell they were better then than they are now.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think it very well could be a case where the players don't want to play for Anderson. Look at the start of the year where Nebraska went on the road and almost takes a series against #2 Texas. Now they can't even beat the bottom dwellers.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Childress was an Associate Head Coach at Nebraska.
"During his eight years as pitching coach with Nebraska (1998-2005), the Cornhuskers advanced to the NCAA Tournament five times, reached the Super Regionals four times, and the College World Series three times. He helped construct the Nebraska pitching staff into one of the best in the nation, posting the top five single-season strikeout records in Nebraska history. His last season at Nebraska, his staff finished with an ERA of 2.69, ranking in the top five nationally and best in the Big 12."

How many CWS appearances by NU since Childress left? 0
How many Super Regional appearances by NU since Childress left? 0
How many Conference Championships @ NU since Childress left? 0
How many Conference Tournament Championships @ NU since Childress left? 0

Childress @ A&M
Big XII Tournament Championship (2007)
Big XII Regular Season Championship (2008)

However, neither Anderson or Childress compare to Van Horn.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to add that Childress has taken A&M to the Super Regionals twice. (2007 & 2008)

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget to add that the Texas A&M fans hate Childress right now for how he is doing against Texas and what is going on this season and are talking about wanting to get rid of him.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget to add that the Texas A&M fans hate Childress right now for how he is doing against Texas and what is going on this season and are talking about wanting to get rid of him.

I've gotta leave something for you Jed. :D