• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How you guys like your new conference?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In year one you already got a championship under your wing (womans soccer) and are poised for year two.

How do you like it so far and have any of you got a chance to visit other campuses around the BIG XII.

I for one am very excited to be hosting WVU this fall in Norman for football. Its a night game so we will have all day to get liquored up so if any of you are coming to Norman let me know and you can stop by my tailgate for a free drink, or two.

:wave:

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than being geographically awkard, it is nice to be in a conference with better competition. We did not represent ourselves very good last year in the money sports but we will progress.

Sure nice to be rid of the Big East and into one of the Big 5. Most would have preferred SEC Big10 or ACC, but the chips fell here and we will make the best of it.

I hoped you liked Morgantown on your visit last year.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you like Norman. When WVU was there in 1978 I was at the game but missed the game where Hostetler beat OU in Norman in 1982, was not a good team for OU that year. :D

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than being geographically awkard, it is nice to be in a conference with better competition. We did not represent ourselves very good last year in the money sports but we will progress.

Sure nice to be rid of the Big East and into one of the Big 5. Most would have preferred SEC Big10 or ACC, but the chips fell here and we will make the best of it.

I hoped you liked Morgantown on your visit last year.

Odds are they didn't...

And way to say, you guys were our 4th pick but hey, we will deal with it...

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are heading to Morgantown this year.

I always considered it to be one of the greatest college towns that no one ever mentions.

Only Austin and (maybe Lawrence...really...Lawrence) are clearly a little better.

I have seen the Terrapins play there a few times, but that is nothing to seeing my beloved 40 acres of burnt orange.

Maybe for once, I might see the end of the game instead of watching the TERPS get blasted.

Hook Em for the Burnt Orange army in those crazy people mover things to the stadium!!!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for that game, y'all should be pretty good this year, I haven't checked but I feel sure that will be a night game, lets hope so from all accounts the fans in Austin last year really made a great impression on our fans so here's to returning the favor.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are heading to Morgantown this year.

I always considered it to be one of the greatest college towns that no one ever mentions.

Only Austin and (maybe Lawrence...really...Lawrence) are clearly a little better.

I have seen the Terrapins play there a few times, but that is nothing to seeing my beloved 40 acres of burnt orange.

Maybe for once, I might see the end of the game instead of watching the TERPS get blasted.

Hook Em for the Burnt Orange army in those crazy people mover things to the stadium!!!

I like going to Lawrence to watch OU play KU. Next to Norman it's my favorite Big 8(12) town to go to, not too big, not too small. Plus 50% of my high school mates went there so it's always fun if I run into some of them

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm enjoying the Big 12. Football is a huge step up. BasketbAll is a little step down. Loved basketball in the old Big East. I'd like to see more expansion with additions of Cincinnatti, Connecticut, Boise St, and Colorado St. But all in all, VERY HAPPY to be in the Big 12.

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the reception to the B12 conference overall has been positive and we, as fans, appreciate the step up in competition on the football field - it is hard to overcome the geographical distance when it comes to fans being able to support their team.

For the B12 teams, it is an every other year dilema on whether to travel to WVU for the away game. For WVU fans, it is an every other weekend decision that most fans have to concede to watch the contest on TV rather than obsorb the cost of a cross country trip.

Still - it is great being in a "legitimate" conference. Thanks for asking.