• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How much is Ian Kinsler worth?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ian Kinsler's agent discusses long-term deal with Texas Rangers - ESPN Dallas

How much would you be willing to pay him. I'd offer is 5 year 70mil(14 per year) contract beginning next year. I know we have him for 10mil next year but I'd tear that deal up if he'd sign a new one.

Kenny ... think that is a good target although might go as high as $75mil or could include an option year component too. More of TEX contracts seem to include components like those to provide team and player options and incentives.

After Holland's contract last week ... scuttlebutt was that TEX would work Kinsler and/or Napoli before the season. Clearly Kinsler is the priority and I think worthy.

Despite TEX having few to none corner OF options ... especially RH options ... in the system ... I think they are to the point where they expect Hamilton to go to FA ... and may let Cruz go the same route. May be more valuable for the team to have Cruz having to perform in a contract year.

Bet Kinsler's gets done next week.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I'm Kinsler's agent there is no way on earth I let him sign for less money than Michael Young's 5 yr. 80 million deal.

Yea but Kinsler's not a Super UIF like MY ... but would be worth starting the conversation out there ... and they settle for 5/75 and maybe a way to get to 80 with incentives.