• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How much crazyness will occur...

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...if not 3 but 5 teams from "major" conferences finish undefeated?

Alabama, Oregon, FSU, Baylor, and Ohio State could all make very strong arguments for being in the BCS title game.

FURTHER, the system starting next year with a 4 team playoff would STILL not handle this scenario either.

We may get lucky and some of these teams may lose and thus dodge this bullet.

I'm going to root for chaos though.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see a lot of griping, and then the playoffs will commence next season.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The subject hasn't been discussed, so I wouldn't know where to begin.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's comical that people think the playoff (or any system) fixes anything. right now, #3 is going to complain. when picking the ncaa tournament field, it seems like teams 66-70 complain. next year do people really think that #4 is going to be decisively better than #5? they won't.

in fact, statistics tells us that there is probably a bigger difference between #2 and #3 than #4 and #5 most years. in other words, it's going to get muddier, not clearer.

the BCS gets a lot of heat, but compare it to the NFL or MLB Playoffs or NCAA Basketball Tournament and tell me which system crowns their best team champion the most often. I'd argue the BCS probably does the best of all; It's certainly in the conversation.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's comical that people think the playoff (or any system) fixes anything. right now, #3 is going to complain. when picking the ncaa tournament field, it seems like teams 66-70 complain. next year do people really think that #4 is going to be decisively better than #5? they won't.

in fact, statistics tells us that there is probably a bigger difference between #2 and #3 than #4 and #5 most years. in other words, it's going to get muddier, not clearer.

the BCS gets a lot of heat, but compare it to the NFL or MLB Playoffs or NCAA Basketball Tournament and tell me which system crowns their best team champion the most often. I'd argue the BCS probably does the best of all; It's certainly in the conversation.
I'd personally rather see a playoff system like we have in NCAA FCS or Division II (based on Super Regional rankings), but a playoff between four teams is at least a start.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season has gone perfectly for the transition to a 4 team playoff next year.