• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many more Rings would Bill have if Brady wasnt born?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1b4zle.jpg

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore Colts and Ted Marchibroda :nod:

He did carry Bill Parcell's fat ass to a couple of SB rings in NY though.

By BB's own admission, Lawrence Taylor slept through his defensive meetings all the time, showed up on Sunday, and unleashed all hell

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's awesome

I don't know shit about football and I was always the last girl picked for kickball at recess.
signed
dirtdirtdirt

just type that

:dhd:

Ehhh, Not so Funny, and I appreciate funny even at my expense

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By BB's own admission, Lawrence Taylor slept through his defensive meetings all the time, showed up on Sunday, and unleashed all hell

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread Potential: Hilarious

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say this but its starting to look more like its the system then Tom Brady. I had Tom Brady as my 1B QB of all time but this might hurt him a little. Its showing that its actually Bill who is the great one and Brady is on for the ride. 2 different QBs have wins this year and when Brady comes back there will be 3 QBs with wins.
I believe you need to look at the big picture, overall body of work and what the Pats have achieved in past 15 years. Don't want to sound like a homer and I am not in love with Brady, but he has helped instill a winner attitude in the team. They are both great - like @balljim said ... it's like symbiotic type relationship.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say this but its starting to look more like its the system then Tom Brady. I had Tom Brady as my 1B QB of all time but this might hurt him a little. Its showing that its actually Bill who is the great one and Brady is on for the ride. 2 different QBs have wins this year and when Brady comes back there will be 3 QBs with wins.

There is no doubt, because its human nature for most, and even more so with a little girl like Brady, who ONLY cares about his legacy, that he is punching walls in his house

No chance that guy wanted the Pats to go 4-0 without him, and for social media, sports outlets everywhere, now questioning his legitimacy as an all time great...........

He's had some great postseason moments, but im more sure than ever, this team would have more than one SB since 2004 with a different QB....he was absolutely brutal in a lot of losses these past dozen or so years

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good ol' Parcells steed, looks like the acolyte has outdone the master.

He also had to face Montana and Young, aka the 2 best QBs of all time.

BB never had to face anyone on that level.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt, because its human nature for most, and even more so with a little girl like Brady, who ONLY cares about his legacy, that he is punching walls in his house

No chance that guy wanted the Pats to go 4-0 without him, and for social media, sports outlets everywhere, now questioning his legitimacy as an all time great...........

He's had some great postseason moments, but im more sure than ever, this team would have more than one SB since 2004 with a different QB....he was absolutely brutal in a lot of losses these past dozen or so years

He also had to face Montana and Young, aka the 2 best QBs of all time.

BB never had to face anyone on that level.

Facepalm-Meme-Picard-05.jpg

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Belichcick ever spent his career coaching AGAINST Tom Brady, Tom Brady would be remembered as the righty Scott Mitchell

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm,

Belichick with Brady as starter, 172-53 record, made playoffs 13 times in 14 years, 0 losing seasons, 22-9 in the post-season, 6 SB appearances, 4 SB wins.

Belichick without Brady as starter, 54-62 record, Made playoffs once in 7 years, 5 losing seasons, 1-1 in the post-season, 0 SB appearances, 0 SB wins.

18-18 in NE without Brady as well. 2 full seasons without Brady in NE, 0 playoff appearances.

So Belichick with Brady has a worse record than Jerry Glanville, same as Singletary, worse than Rex Ryan (with a lot less playoff success) when Brady is not his QB.

I think Belichick's career is similar to Bill Walsh's. Just like Walsh probably would have been fired had he not gone to Montana, Belichick would have been fired a second time had he not gone to Brady. That consistency at the QB position is what allowed him to build on his great idea's, prove his ability to draft players, get the FA's and be able to retain his own rather than fight to hold onto his job.

Belichick in 2000 without Brady lowest ranked offense of the Pats in the 2000's...
Belichick first two games in 2001 without Brady. lowest ranked Pats offense of 2000's through 2 games...
Belichick in 2008 without Brady, biggest drop off in QB production in NFL history from 1 year to the next...
Belichick in 2016 with Garappolo first two games, lowest offensive points ranking in Pats since 2000 with Drew....
Belichick in 2016 through 3 games, tied for 22nd in TD passes (first last year).

Now with the consistency and great play that Brady has provided he's been able to field great talented rosters, build great leaders on the team, get players to 100% buy in to him and his staff's methods.

But seriously, you've got to be either a troll, or a moron who knows nothing about football to think Brady is a fraud at QB. I mean where's the players after being released by NE saying the QB position there is weak (like we hear guys say after leaving Cutler)? Where's the other NFL players saying that? Where's the guys in the media who have coached and played saying that? Oh that's right, they don't, they say the opposite. Because those guys who play with and against him, who coach for and against him all know Brady is an elite all time QB.

This is the kind of dipshit trolling that people say Jim Brown was a fraud at RB because his line was so great and Leroy Kelly stepped in after him and did amazingly well. The kind of dipshit that said Steve Young and Montana were frauds because of great part time seasons by Bono and Grbac. The kind of troll who says Rodgers is crap because of what Flynn was able to do.

And this is not in any way taking away from what Belichick has done. But you have to be an idiot to think that Brady isn't a great QB. It's like the "system" BS. Where nobody can name the system of the past 15 years. Seriously? You've watched over 250 Brady games and can't say X is what is in place for him that no one else has?

And here's the icing on the cake. Belichick has made Brady the 3rd highest paid player EVER in the NFL. If he knows he can win SB's with a half mil QB of his choice, that Brady is a fraud, isn't he the worst GM in NFL history to waste all that money? I mean how many years have they not won a SB because of holes in that roster that could have been filled? So to buy into that line, Belichick is an absolute idiot. I can't buy into that.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I am not going to lie. It is a very good system. But it begs the question of Brady's "greatness", doesn't it?

Begs the question if Brady had to play against Belichick his whole career

Would he be more likely to be Matt Ryan or Jay Cutler?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I am not going to lie. It is a very good system. But it begs the question of Brady's "greatness", doesn't it?
Nah, not really. He's a part of the system and you need excellent parts and cogs to make a system great.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, not really. He's a part of the system and you need excellent parts and cogs to make a system great.
So you are saying Garrapalo (sp?) and 3rd string guy are = Brady, because the system has looked pretty great over the last 3 games...