• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Dumb is Jake Muzzin?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Dumb
B. Really dumb
C. Dumber than a sack of marbles
D. Dumber than a Kardashian
E. All of the above

Nice pinch A-hole, especially when you have one defender back, all forwards are moving forward and not in defensive position, on your backhand and going into a sea of red traffic.

This guy just absolutely sucks cock. I'm hoping for a nagging but minor injury - maybe an inflamed labia - so he misses a ton of time and sits.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't argue with the record of this team when Alec Martinez is in the lineup, he's gotta get back in the lineup

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take him simply making smarter decisions than laying someone out any day of the week. This guy makes an ungodly amount of mistakes nightly, and many of them result in either grade A scoring chances or like last night, in the net.

Martinez was scratched yet again, but when he is in he a) makes smarter decisions, b) is just as physical if not more even for being a smaller defender and most importantly c) doesn't make huge mistakes several times a game like Muffin does. I just don't get why Martinez sits so much where as Muzzin is in nightly and makes big time gaffes nightly.

This is from Jones last night:

"It was just a broken play, and their guy was able to pick up the loose puck," Jones said. "I mean, that's the difference in the hockey game right there, a broken play like that. The little things make a big difference."

I know he is referring to Richards whiffing on the puck, but the "little thing" I am referring to is the awful read Muzzin made that started that whole sequence. he had absolutely zero reason to try and skate it in and it ended up burning the Kings.

The Hawks had 3 guys lined up at the blue line, standing up the Kings, and 2 back checkers coming in as well and two of the three were cornering Muzzin. Who freaking tries to be Ovechkin and dance around guys like that, especially when you don't have hands like that? The topper is he got plastered to the boards like a Monet and the turnover began.

When Greene broke that 2-on-1 up I was relieved but then Richards whiffed it and I was irritated at him but even more at Muffin for putting the Kings in that position in the first place.

He is a terrible defenseman.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take him simply making smarter decisions than laying someone out any day of the week. This guy makes an ungodly amount of mistakes nightly, and many of them result in either grade A scoring chances or like last night, in the net.

Martinez was scratched yet again, but when he is in he a) makes smarter decisions, b) is just as physical if not more even for being a smaller defender and most importantly c) doesn't make huge mistakes several times a game like Muffin does. I just don't get why Martinez sits so much where as Muzzin is in nightly and makes big time gaffes nightly.

This is from Jones last night:

"It was just a broken play, and their guy was able to pick up the loose puck," Jones said. "I mean, that's the difference in the hockey game right there, a broken play like that. The little things make a big difference."

I know he is referring to Richards whiffing on the puck, but the "little thing" I am referring to is the awful read Muzzin made that started that whole sequence. he had absolutely zero reason to try and skate it in and it ended up burning the Kings.

The Hawks had 3 guys lined up at the blue line, standing up the Kings, and 2 back checkers coming in as well and two of the three were cornering Muzzin. Who freaking tries to be Ovechkin and dance around guys like that, especially when you don't have hands like that? The topper is he got plastered to the boards like a Monet and the turnover began.

When Greene broke that 2-on-1 up I was relieved but then Richards whiffed it and I was irritated at him but even more at Muffin for putting the Kings in that position in the first place.

He is a terrible defenseman.

Yeah, a lot of people love Jake Muzzin's big, clean hits but I could care less for them - don't make the stupid play, that's all I'm asking for

It wasn't Matt Greene nor Mike Richards fault - Matt Greene did his part and you can only ask Richie to do so much there, he was back checking and he was just trying to get there in time, if Jake Muzzin doesn't pinch in that doesn't happen

People talk about Jake Muzzin playing well with Drew Doughty but Jake Muzzin still makes the same stupid mistakes

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a lot of people love Jake Muzzin's big, clean hits but I could care less for them - don't make the stupid play, that's all I'm asking for

I love physical play so the big hits are nice, but that is also what Johnson in trouble when he was here. He didn't know when to light someone up vs. when to play safe.

His career -2,000,000 should attest to that, the Kings have been a solid defensive team for almost 5 years now but he was always the guy year in and year out with an astronomical negative plus/minus. That just means he's awful, guys can end up a -2, -4 whatever but -20+ year after year on a tight defensive team says more about your abilities than your team's.

Muzzin lays a good check now and again, but I too would like to see him make better plays and if we are talking physical play, I want to see that where it matters - in front of the net. He is a pansy in the close quarters combat area. Matt Greene on the other hand just effs people up there, Muffin should emulate that.

It wasn't Matt Greene nor Mike Richards fault - Matt Greene did his part and you can only ask Richie to do so much there, he was back checking and he was just trying to get there in time, if Jake Muzzin doesn't pinch in that doesn't happen

I agree, this one is on Muffin for sure. I didn't mean I was irritated at Richards, dude was covering up for Muffin, I meant I was irritated that Greene makes the play and then the puck just sits there for Saad to roof it. That kind of puck luck doesn't seem to happen often for the Kings.

People talk about Jake Muzzin playing well with Drew Doughty but Jake Muzzin still makes the same stupid mistakes

Muffin and Doughty should never be mentioned in the same sentence. Doughty's understanding of the game is eons above Muffin's probably ever will be. He is the guy who makes those smart subtle plays that result in chances for a scoring chance against being negated and he also leads the rush and makes things happen. He makes mistakes, but rarely and nothing in comparison to Muffin.

Muffin should ride the pine tonight against Dallas, but hey - I ain't the coach.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy New Years King fans!

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said I like Muffin with DD, but that is only because none of the other D-men can make up for his mistakes. Not because I want Muffin in the lineup