• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Does skipping Mini Camp "Secure" New Deals?

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running Backs that do this are Stupid. No Position has such a limited time in this league and the owners know this. Also no other Position has such a little Drop off from Greatness to Decent, a Decent RB can help a team almost as much as a Great RB.

The Only thing going in his favor is the QB has said he might not play.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how not going to a mini camp is leverage for a player

To me there are 2 reasons for this...

1) The injury concern. We have already seen a couple of players go down with injury during these OTA periods of the offseason. The player completely loses all leverage if they get injured.

2) The player has very little leverage in the negotiating of a contract. This is just one small thing they try to help cause a team to panic a little and get things moving. We've seen with some of these tags in the past that they go up to the very last minute with both sides waiting/hoping the other side blinks first. Something usually gets done last minute with both sides giving up a little to get something done.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me there are 2 reasons for this...

1) The injury concern. We have already seen a couple of players go down with injury during these OTA periods of the offseason. The player completely loses all leverage if they get injured.

2) The player has very little leverage in the negotiating of a contract. This is just one small thing they try to help cause a team to panic a little and get things moving. We've seen with some of these tags in the past that they go up to the very last minute with both sides waiting/hoping the other side blinks first. Something usually gets done last minute with both sides giving up a little to get something done.

Reasonably explained. Thank you very much