• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HOw do you feel about

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarvis Landry
Derek Henry-wondering why they signed lewis
Travis Kelce-high volume again
Michael Thomas-stud, but if they get another decent wr, may eat into his work
Brandin Cooks-regression likely
Ameer Abdullah-donzo, chances over
Paul Richardson-never was a fan, poor mans djax
Demaryius Thomas-will be status quo with keenum
Tevin Coleman-bust
Lamar Miller-bust
Adam Thielen-again huge year, more td's
Stephon Diggs-gonna bhave a huge year

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RObert woods- Strong WR2, have doubts that his big season wasn't a little fluky, but still should produce well

jared goff- Should be a decent QB1, still a lot of scores go through Gurley though

carlos hyde- his contract reeks of a draft insurance policy. If he survives the draft without Saquon ending up on the same team, he's still a Brown. Good enough for a RB2, but not touching him in trades until after the draft

joe mixon- not a bust, but definitely underwhelming. Another guy I wouldn't trade for, but still potentially a RB1, if Cincy can get a line in front of him

marvin jones jr- streaky, TD dependant WR. Don't care for him as a fantasy asset. Produces often enough that you should start him every week, but disappears far too often.

cam meredith- Can't stand him. Think he's basically a shorter Brandon Coleman who had more opportunity due to attrition in Chicago.

marty bryant- hope he gets out of Pitt, keeps his head on..if he can, who knows how good he can be, if he doesn't, a flex option at the very very best

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry SP, i misunderstood your original post. It looked like you were throwing out trade bait to Foot, and not looking for opinions.
RObert woods > should see steady work in a strong offense. Middle to low WR1.
jared goff > having a stud RB in Gurley I think hurts his stats in that they aren't forced to pass.
carlos hyde > all depends on what CLE does in the draft.
joe mixon > might be a good back but that offense is poorly managed.
marvin jones jr > had 1 decent season. Over hyped.
cam meredith > was camp body and special teamer until pressed into regular work.
marty bryant > he's still an after thought with Bell and Brown as the focal points. Could still see enough work to be a WR2.

Off the top of my head.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was 1 more thing I wanted to comment on...
I think Hyde's value is strictly tied to Barkley and Barkley only.
Keep hearing that as deep as this class is on the RB and WR rookies, I don't think they challenge the established veterans.
Pretty sure we saw that last year too. A few got chances but in the end, it was mostly vets who got the work. Except for say McCaffrey. And even guys like Drake didn't shine.
My guess is that trend continues.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep hearing that as deep as this class is on the RB and WR rookies, I don't think they challenge the established veterans.
Pretty sure we saw that last year too. A few got chances but in the end, it was mostly vets who got the work. Except for say McCaffrey. And even guys like Drake didn't shine.
I would agree with as well. Should the Browns choose to not do Barkley, they won't take a RB till late in the draft anyways. Thats the whole reason they signed Hyde..so that if they choose not to go big, they wouldn't have to go slumming in the 2nd or third for someone who "might" be good

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:puzzled:
Fournette
Hunt
Kamara
McCaffery
Mixon
Perine
All these rookies at least challenged the vet ahead of them or sub planted him as RB1.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fournette
Hunt
Kamara
McCaffery
Mixon
Perine
All these rookies at least challenged the vet ahead of them or sub planted him as RB1.
Fourney was last year's Barkley
Mixon I gotta give ya, although he would've been right there with Fourney had he not been a jackass
And a garden slug could've challenged Kelley (and kind of did)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with as well. Should the Browns choose to not do Barkley, they won't take a RB till late in the draft anyways. Thats the whole reason they signed Hyde..so that if they choose not to go big, they wouldn't have to go slumming in the 2nd or third for someone who "might" be good
Well I guess in a matter of guessing what the Browns are thinking. I see signing Hyde as allowing them to draft a RB without using a first round pick for one. That allows them to use their 2 first round picks to fill holes at other positions and plenty of promising RBs will be available in round two or later.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess in a matter of guessing what the Browns are thinking. I see signing Hyde as allowing them to draft a RB without using a first round pick for one. That allows them to use their 2 first round picks to fill holes at other positions and plenty of promising RBs will be available in round two or later.

I agree with this - although I felt like they were totally gearing up to draft Barkley before the Hyde news broke.
Why would they not draft the QB of their choice + top OL or another impact player on defense?
Especially when you finally have the chance to bring a rookie QB along slowly and not thrown directly in the fire.
And a guy like Nick Chubb probably still on the board to start the 2nd round.

watch, they take Barkley with that 2nd 1st round pick now.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's kinda what I meant by being a "draft insurance policy", they can take Barkley, they should take Barkley, but they don't have to to fill a big hole. And after Barkley, there's zero that currently projects as better than Hyde, so they'll be free to do whatever they like without filling like they need to reach to fill a void at RB. Grabbing a depth guy later on in the 5-7 area.

I agree with this - although I felt like they were totally gearing up to draft Barkley before the Hyde news broke.
Why would they not draft the QB of their choice + top OL or another impact player on defense?
Especially when you finally have the chance to bring a rookie QB along slowly and not thrown directly in the fire.
And a guy like Nick Chubb probably still on the board to start the 2nd round.

watch, they take Barkley with that 2nd 1st round pick now.

They really should..Chubb #1, Barkley at 4, best thing for that team, by far. Keep Tyrod, resign to a 2-3 year deal, hit QB next year, this QB class reeks of 1999, with 5 QB's in the top 12, only one if which (McNabb) ever amounting to a "franchise" type status.

Better yet..grab the best one available at 2.1, given a year to sit and learn and prep, damned near every bit as good of a chance at hitting a good one as the crapshoot of the top 4

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I disagree with the grade you have on Hyde. Feel several rookies are better option s then a RB that is injury prone.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hate using injury prone as a determining factor, I want the most talent on the field.

but, in the fantasy world, I definitely use injury prone as a determining factor, LOL

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fournette
Hunt
Kamara
McCaffery
Mixon
Perine
Kudos.
I stand corrected.
Dangerous thing to post off the top of your head.
But I think last year's class was more arguably more talented also.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kinda what I meant by being a "draft insurance policy", they can take Barkley, they should take Barkley, but they don't have to to fill a big hole. And after Barkley, there's zero that currently projects as better than Hyde, so they'll be free to do whatever they like without filling like they need to reach to fill a void at RB. Grabbing a depth guy later on in the 5-7 area.

They really should..Chubb #1, Barkley at 4, best thing for that team, by far. Keep Tyrod, resign to a 2-3 year deal, hit QB next year, this QB class reeks of 1999, with 5 QB's in the top 12, only one if which (McNabb) ever amounting to a "franchise" type status.

Better yet..grab the best one available at 2.1, given a year to sit and learn and prep, damned near every bit as good of a chance at hitting a good one as the crapshoot of the top 4

Best thing for that team imo is QB at 1 and Chubb, Nelson, or trade down at 4.