• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How comforatable are you with Trickett

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charleston Daily Mail | WVU FOOTBALL: Trickett still out after shoulder surgery

What do you guys think? At best he will have 6 weeks of throwing before camp opens. I am not sure what he did last year to just pencil him in at starter.

It is mind boggling that we are facing the problem at QB for the last two years, would have thought after Geno guys would be knocking the door down to get here. Crest seems like a good start only 3 years late. :noidea:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, it was going to be Ford's team. He simply didn't show the maturation Dana wanted to see out of him in Fall Camp, so he did not earn the starting role until game 3.

Ford was Dana's first scholarship recruit at QB, and a pretty damn good one!

We have not seen what a healthy Trickett can do. Given the available options at WVU now that Ford took his partying ass to JUCO, I believe… if healthy… Trickett is WVU's best option.

The WVU QB will be playing behind a suspect OL once again. Dana needs a QB with some mobility to keep plays alive.

It is what it is…

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think our QB will be Howard or Crest for the reason BB stated. We will need a QB that can move and operate out of a moving pocket at times, I think those two will give us the best chance, I don't buy in to the redshirt story... At least not yet.
I believe Dana used the Howard not being at the top of the depth chart out of spring as a motivator.

If our line were solid I think Trick OR Millard would do fine but unless there is some major development over the summer I don't think our big guys are where they need to be yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trickett will be fine....

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To do what, hold a clipboard? :suds:

Well he would have been better than 2-5 if our defense did not give way at the end of the season, so lets see what happens.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until proven otherwise, Trickett is the best we have. He will do well if his shoulder is healed and the OL ups their game. I look for big things from the OL this year. I think Ron Crook is a great line coach and now that he has a season under his belt, we should see great improvement in that area.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you guys have a good squad this year...I'd love a competitive game in Atlanta. I say that sincerely, because Alabama hasn't had any competition in ANY of their major early season OOC games. And West Virginia has always had a solid program, I'd like to see them back at the top.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about Clint physically. He has the tools, so as long as he's healthy he should be fine there. Now, did he learn the offense!? The problem last year was Millard couldn't throw and Clint didn't know where to throw. If he learned the offense, he should be as good as the hype.

I really want to see what Crest does though. We may not see him until next season, but I have a feeling he's the guy we've been waiting for.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trickett will be hurt after the Oklahoma game. They should start Crest

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millard started..... Couldn't set his feet can't move, ineffective.
Trick started....... Had a little success but looked terrible most of the time,got hurt.
Childress started...... Looked awful, got hurt.

Point? If the line doesn't get fixed,it prob won't matter..