• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hosting Site/App

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey gang..

it would seem many out there are turning to Sleeper and I would imagine for good reason

I just took a look at their home page and yes it certainly looks promising..

obviously im well aware of Fantrax and all that the free side offers is quite impressive imho

yes we do have some annoying adds yet again its free and certainly serves our needs

it is always a matter of opinion yet if anyone has the time and wants to chime in

what about Sleeper what makes it equal or better or is it not quite up to speed

i notice on their home page that it appears to offer quite a bit and without adds....

how do they be a viable site without adds

is there a Pay Sleeper as well that covers costs to host for free as well

i run my home league on MyFantasyLeague and must say i do love it it offers oh so much and i think is a wonderful site to use/tweak/operate as a Commish
however I do pay for all that it offers...

anyhow thanks and sell me on Sleeper if ya have the time.....

oh and just to be silly you all are aware that Fantrax is run out of Toronto :canada: or at least you are now......5700 Yonge St Ste 200, Toronto, Ontario,

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey gang..

it would seem many out there are turning to Sleeper and I would imagine for good reason

I just took a look at their home page and yes it certainly looks promising..

obviously im well aware of Fantrax and all that the free side offers is quite impressive imho

yes we do have some annoying adds yet again its free and certainly serves our needs

it is always a matter of opinion yet if anyone has the time and wants to chime in

what about Sleeper what makes it equal or better or is it not quite up to speed

i notice on their home page that it appears to offer quite a bit and without adds....

i run my home league on MyFantasyLeague and must say i do love it it offers oh so much and i think is a wonderful site to use/tweak/operate as a Commish
however I do pay for all that it offers...

anyhow thanks and sell me on Sleeper if ya have the time.....

oh and just to be silly you all are aware that Fantrax is run out of Toronto :canada: or at least you are now......5700 Yonge St Ste 200, Toronto, Ontario,
I don't know man. Once you go MFL you never really want to go back IMO, especially in leagues that are gonna be around a while. Just my opinion. Can you imagine how cool it would be to be able to go back to the beginning of MBBRL leagues and see the all time records? Damn, wish we would have figured a way to get everybody together fer the $8 a year and just paid it.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not sure if it was you or Smoke or both who pointed me that way and it certainly was/is a wise choice

MFL Rocks....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was not me, I always preferred fantrax over MFL

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sleeper doesn't offer all the same options but they offer enough.

Having access to multiple seasons draft picks for dynasty without paying extra is a nice feature over fantrax

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can not get on board a site that doesn’t provide the full compliment of features to their desktop version. I really don’t understand the logic of handicapping the most superior devices from having the full compliment of features. I do understand that most everyone has a smart phone and not everyone has a PC but they are only alienating those who do use a PC for no advantage for the site that I can see.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They offer sports gambling games, that's where the money comes in.

I did a league on sleeper with randoms when it was fairly new platform. Several of the guys were in over 30 different leagues, I think their set up is very appealing to those who like to draft and gamble from their phones (guilty AF over here)

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can not get on board a site that doesn’t provide the full compliment of features to their desktop version. I really don’t understand the logic of handicapping the most superior devices from having the full compliment of features. I do understand that most everyone has a smart phone and not everyone has a PC but they are only alienating those who do use a PC for no advantage for the site that I can see.
I had the same opinion until I did a league there and the interface/options on the app was so good I dropped that opinion pretty quick. I would certainly utilize my laptop for managing the league occasionally if that was an option but it certainly listen to deal breaker for me having played there.

Zep

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the same opinion until I did a league there and the interface/options on the app was so good I dropped that opinion pretty quick. I would certainly utilize my laptop for managing the league occasionally if that was an option but it certainly listen to deal breaker for me having played there.

Zep
At one time I had 7 leagues on sleeper, I don't find the interface/options so great that I'm willing to quit using my PC. I'm down to one league on sleeper now and that's solely because this league has some really active owners that makes up for a lot. I'd love to narrow my leagues to one site for convenience, yet for various reasons I still use 4 different sites. I still prefer fantrax over any others and that site is the one I have multiple leagues in. Not that fantrax is ideal, but it suits me the best. My last league on sleeper is on my radar to get cut if I decide to cut back even more on leagues, because the hell with a site that is trying to forcing me to use my phone rather than my PC, no other FF site does this ( that I'm aware of) and I don't get why they don't just update their PC version with the full complement of features their mobile version has, it's just damn weird to me and annoying as hell and extremely inconvenient when I'm going through my leagues and for this one league I have to get off my PC and look at their mobile version to use a feature not available on their PC version.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Barilko

I absolutely love Sleeper.
Prefer it over Fantrax tremendously.
I believe Sleeper partnered with a betting site? I dont visit that end of the app, but i believe the ads are in that section?

Some complain about the navigation, and admittedly, it can be tricky, but you can see past seasons, etc with a couple of clicks. I still have trouble with Fantrax navigation, among other features which annoy.

Some have also complained about the desktop version being a little different from the phone version. Sleeper is designed mainly for phone users. If you are mostly on your computer, navigation is a little different. (I still do the draft on the computer. Everything else is phone.)

If you have something specific you want to ask, I can try to answer it.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing...
We started a work league on Sleeper and they wanted some crazy non-typical scoring, which went beyond normal PPR scoring.

Even though it was a new league, users were able to apply the new scoring to last year's (2022) stats and see the difference in how players would have finished.

Also feel their player alerts are faster than anything else on the internet.

Sleeper is the bomb imo.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also feel their player alerts are faster than anything else on the internet.

alerts/notifications on the other fantasy platforms compared to Sleeper....

No Way Basketball GIF by NBA

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alerts/notifications on the other fantasy platforms compared to Sleeper....

No Way Basketball GIF by NBA
I use Twitter err ah X for this. As long as you follow the right accounts you get all player news almost immediately.

Zep

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what its worth, I contacted Sleeper and asked whether there are plans to make the full app available via laptop/PC and thisr answer was "Yes, but not in the immediate future."