• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone here seen redneck zombies yet? its one of my all time favorites. Poultrygeist was great too tho imo
Not sure that I have? Or at least it doesn't sound familiar.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone here seen redneck zombies yet? its one of my all time favorites. Poultrygeist was great too tho imo

Be warned that Poultrygeist is a Troma film and most people find them a bit too much.

I liked it, but people say there is something essentially screwed up with my thinking process.

I haven't seen Redneck Zombies but I have heard some "good" things about it.

@clarkson23devils you should check out Deathgasm. That one is right up your alley. Lots of gore, some sick humor, good metal soundtrack. Could have used some more breasts but it wasn't completely lacking either.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be warned that Poultrygeist is a Troma film and most people find them a bit too much.

I liked it, but people say there is something essentially screwed up with my thinking process.

I haven't seen Redneck Zombies but I have heard some "good" things about it.

@clarkson23devils you should check out Deathgasm. That one is right up your alley. Lots of gore, some sick humor, good metal soundtrack. Could have used some more breasts but it wasn't completely lacking either.
It's also Troma but people say I have a messed up thinking process too :dhd: I live Troma it's an art form IMO

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Southbound the other day.

Since I am actually posting from my pc instead of my phone for a change I will actually post a preview for once!

5 stories all connected by a desolate stretch of highway.

Positives:
*All of the stories are fairly decent. No real misses in the lot as far as the storylines went.
*Production values were ok. FXs had some budget. The creatures in the first and last parts were pretty cool.
*Overall, the acting was pretty good.

Negatives:
*Tends to meander from one story to the next without providing a solid conclusion for every tale.
*Kind of related to the point above: I thought that 3 of the stories were fleshed out well, but 2 of them needed more background/conclusion/follow through.
*Not really scary at any point IMO. More relying on blood and guts horror than developing a creepy or scary vibe.

Done by the V/H/S guys. It feels like a cross between '70s horror and the Twightlight Zone, only with more blood and guts.

Not spectacular, but solid. I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Southbound the other day.

Since I am actually posting from my pc instead of my phone for a change I will actually post a preview for once!

5 stories all connected by a desolate stretch of highway.

Positives:
*All of the stories are fairly decent. No real misses in the lot as far as the storylines went.
*Production values were ok. FXs had some budget. The creatures in the first and last parts were pretty cool.
*Overall, the acting was pretty good.

Negatives:
*Tends to meander from one story to the next without providing a solid conclusion for every tale.
*Kind of related to the point above: I thought that 3 of the stories were fleshed out well, but 2 of them needed more background/conclusion/follow through.
*Not really scary at any point IMO. More relying on blood and guts horror than developing a creepy or scary vibe.

Done by the V/H/S guys. It feels like a cross between '70s horror and the Twightlight Zone, only with more blood and guts.

Not spectacular, but solid. I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10
Wow this looks awesome! Thanks for the review! :suds:

I'll definitely be watching this one this weekend.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn creepy. Now I'm gonna hafta watch it.
Not sure that I would recommend it lol. If you've seen any of the movies from the PA franchise then you will know exactly what to expect.

Not sure why I keep seeing them year after year. They seem to be getting less and less creative. This last one they came out with "ghost dimension" was ok. They at least tried to inject some innovation to it. Still came off as another money grubbing hollywood horror film.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok gang, need a little advice. Gonna watch one of these three: Unfriended, The Unborn or What We Do In the Shadows.

The last one is a mockumentary about vampire roommates which is supposed to be pretty good; the second one I don't know anything about; I am leaning toward the first because it may need to be rated on the BoobMeter. It's a thankless job, but someone's gotta do it.

Anyone got any thoughts?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok gang, need a little advice. Gonna watch one of these three: Unfriended, The Unborn or What We Do In the Shadows.

The last one is a mockumentary about vampire roommates which is supposed to be pretty good; the second one I don't know anything about; I am leaning toward the first because it may need to be rated on the BoobMeter. It's a thankless job, but someone's gotta do it.

Anyone got any thoughts?

The only saving grace for the Unborn is that it has Odette Annable. Just being able to watch her in a movie is a default 5 in my book. That said it's nothing more than a 6.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
56c4cbea54fd6.jpg

It was a rough day in the kitchen today...

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone got any thoughts?

I liked Unfriended. If nothing else it was certainly original in the way they made it.

What We Do in the Shadows had some pretty funny stuff in it. I liked that they represented the whole history of movie vamps. Probably even funnier if you spark one up before watching.

The downside for you is that I seem to recall that the breast count was zero between the two.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Unfriended. If nothing else it was certainly original in the way they made it.

What We Do in the Shadows had some pretty funny stuff in it. I liked that they represented the whole history of movie vamps. Probably even funnier if you spark one up before watching.

The downside for you is that I seem to recall that the breast count was zero between the two.

Ended up watching Unfriended. Sadly, you were correct; the BoobMeter registered a zero.

Other than that, I really enjoyed it; the concept was, as you said, original and refreshing. It kept me interested from beginning to end. @FaCe-LeE-uS , I can't remember, did you give this one a review?

The only quibble I might have was the somewhat nebulous ending, but I was so entertained it didn't really matter.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ended up watching Unfriended. Sadly, you were correct; the BoobMeter registered a zero.

Other than that, I really enjoyed it; the concept was, as you said, original and refreshing. It kept me interested from beginning to end. @FaCe-LeE-uS , I can't remember, did you give this one a review?

The only quibble I might have was the somewhat nebulous ending, but I was so entertained it didn't really matter.
Post #454 back on page 23