• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hoooooooooley Moolee

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the fricking problem with the Mariners the past 3 years. If everything go perfect this is can be a great team, but everything has to go perfect like August or the winning streak in 2022 or the win everyone 1 run game in 2021. The team thus far is hopefully Haniger stays healthy, hopefully Canzone becomes a MLB, hopefully Raley’s first half is more indicative than the 2nd half, hopefully Garver stays healthy, hopefully Rojas is Rojas of 2021/22 I can’t remember which one he was good, hopefully Urias turns into what he was suppose to be not the player that the Brewers and Red Sox couldn’t give away quick enough, plus the already hopefully France goes back to healthy 21 and 22 France.
Yeah, unfortunately that's how we're built... We can be the SF Giants when they were winning WS or we can be the regular, mediocre Seattle Mariners... SF Giants had a lot of blue chippers on those rosters at the offensive position outside of Buster Posey...

We're not built like the Rangers or Astros where they can have players, pitchers, etc have off days throughout the entire year and they're still going to win regardless due to them having so much talent throughout the entire roster...

We have too many, "What if's" on this roster... You can't build championship teams off of, "What ifs"...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my thought is this was the deal Servais was telling his players they would like after the Kelenic trade. It makes sense now along with Dipoto's comments about they had some injury stuff to work through.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my thought is this was the deal Servais was telling his players they would like after the Kelenic trade. It makes sense now along with Dipoto's comments about they had some injury stuff to work through.
Yeah but does anyone in the clubhouse even know Haniger? Logan, JP, Ty and Cal is it isn’t it?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is good to have low expectations but when you have great starting and bullpen pitching you are in every game. I think what they are trying to do is get rid of these high strikeout batters. You can't ignore Teoscar and Suarez striking out almost a combined 430x last season which probably is a huge reason why the lineup wasn't that good. With that being said trying we shouldn't expect a high powered scoring offense.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is good to have low expectations but when you have great starting and bullpen pitching you are in every game. I think what they are trying to do is get rid of these high strikeout batters. You can't ignore Teoscar and Suarez striking out almost a combined 430x last season which probably is a huge reason why the lineup wasn't that good. With that being said trying we shouldn't expect a high powered scoring offense.
Great starting pitching, yes. Great bulllen? Great starting pitching is great when you have a good defense, as it stands now we have a shitty defensive 2B, 3B and whenever Raley isn’t playing both COF spots. And they only replaced Geno with strikeouts, not Teo or Kelenic.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raley strikes out as frequently as Sauerz, Hernandez and Kelenic. Garver and Haniger strikeout almost as frequently. I don't see much change there.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raley strikes out as frequently as Sauerz, Hernandez and Kelenic. Garver and Haniger strikeout almost as frequently. I don't see much change there.
Going off of last years stats Garver struck out 82x per 300 at bats? Also with Luke Raley even if you added 100 more ABs to his total I dont think he would eclipse 200 strikeouts.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going off of last years stats Garver struck out 82x per 300 at bats? Also with Luke Raley even if you added 100 more ABs to his total I dont think he would eclipse 200 strikeouts.
It’s doubtful, but problem is, is if the Mariners are getting Raley from the 2nd half then it is highly probable. But the point was you are trying to imply they got rid of them. Garver k’s less than Ford. But as it stands, the replacements for Geno, Teo and Kelenic are Urias, Raley, Marlowe, Canzone, DeLoach and Moore, all high strikeout guys.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what is dominant about the Mariners? The lead this year's offseason in signing minor league free agents. Doesn't that get hyped for next year?

Disclaimer: this is probably the wrong thread for this post content but Ulmax seems to have hijacked all the rest of them.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what is dominant about the Mariners? The lead this year's offseason in signing minor league free agents. Doesn't that get hyped for next year?

Disclaimer: this is probably the wrong thread for this post content but Ulmax seems to have hijacked all the rest of them.
Well the one positive in that is they usually find one reliever and they need at least one more arm in the pen.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time I've seen this:
Seems odd. Can’t afford a hometown discount for a guy who desperately wants to play in Seattle cause he is starting a driveline style business vs a dude who will make Cano’s contract look like a welfare contract to come to Seattle.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the Mitch deal on Facebook and thought it was a joke. I had to go to ESPN to see if true. Poor Mitch. Just when he thought he was free, they pull him back in.
Raul Ibanez, Mike Blowers, Kendrys Morales, Ken Griffey, Russell Brsanyon...what is it with this organization always bringing ex-Mariners back for round 2, or in some cases (Blowers) round 3.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raul Ibanez, Mike Blowers, Kendrys Morales, Ken Griffey, Russell Brsanyon...what is it with this organization always bringing ex-Mariners back for round 2, or in some cases (Blowers) round 3.
The bay area has it's nice about it
But so does Seattle .
And they are similar..
After it stops raining..in Seattle..

But both spots are nice..and ..the mariners.are..hanigers team..
It just is..
Santa cruz.is nice..
But it's about more than that..is about baseball..

Last edited:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the reliever/closer that the Mariners kept signing and he would do good then go bomb elsewhere

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the reliever/closer that the Mariners kept signing and he would do good then go bomb elsewhere
You are prolly thinking of Stormin Norman Charlton. But we had a couple others with multiple tours. Jeff Nelson, Arthur Rhodes. I still remember that game where Omar Visquel made Rhodes take off his earring because he said the stadium lights were glaring off it and he couldn't see. Helluva glove but Omar could be a little bitch at times.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are prolly thinking of Stormin Norman Charlton. But we had a couple others with multiple tours. Jeff Nelson, Arthur Rhodes. I still remember that game where Omar Visquel made Rhodes take off his earring because he said the stadium lights were glaring off it and he couldn't see. Helluva glove but Omar could be a little bitch at times.
No, it was a dude after them. I’m sure I could google it but don’t feel like it. I want to say it was something Lowe but could be off