• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Home Plate Collisions to be Removed

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_lxtexttICm1r89cwyo1_400.jpg

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lots of ignorance on display in this thread. Some points:

Posey has always left the plate open. That's the way Giants instruct all their catchers to play. They practice taking the ball in front of the plate and applying a swipe tag. The Fielder play in game 2 of the WS is a perfect example of this instruction.

Fielder_Slide.gif

As Fielder said after the game, " "He gave me the plate. Whenever that happens, you gotta make the slide." That's a veteran talking - a guy who knows he's going to be in the game a long time.

There is, of course, some different details in Posey's setup during the Cousin's collision - mostly related to where the throw was coming from. However, there is no doubt that most if not all the plate was open for Cousins. But none of that really matters... you know why?

Because Cousins admitted his thought while the ball left the bat - as he judged the depth of it and who it was going to (Nate Schierholtz) - was that he had no chance to beat a good throw, and decided while still on the 3B bag to "blow up" Posey. And in the replays we can clearly see Cousins veer AWAY from home plate in order to collapse Buster.

posey_contact.jpg

It was a bush league - fake tough - play, committed by a fringe rookie on a leaderless scrub team. Those kinds of plays almost never occur in the game anymore - too much money to lose for everybody involved.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope teams exploit the hell out of the Bochester and Posey for being scared-ass bitches. I'd like to see managers force allot of close plays at the plate against the Giants this year. This is going to cost the Giants some runs. I guess "Buster" is gonna suck his thumb behind the ump on close plays at the plate? :rollseyes:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hope teams exploit the hell out of the Bochester and Posey for being scared-ass bitches. I'd like to see managers force allot of close plays at the plate against the Giants this year. This is going to cost the Giants some runs. I guess "Buster" is gonna suck his thumb behind the ump on close plays at the plate? :rollseyes:

Teams have known for a few years how the Giants play the game - hasn't helped the league much, has it? And I'm sure the tough guy talk is a big hit at your beer league pizza bash.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams have known for a few years how the Giants play the game - hasn't helped the league much, has it? And I'm sure the tough guy talk is a big hit at your beer league pizza bash.

Typically arrogant sneering and jeering from a proud Giants fan. I'm used to it. :lol:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Typically arrogant sneering and jeering from a proud Giants fan. I'm used to it. :lol:

Ah, I see...you're a Padres fan. I guess that's as good as an excuse as any other. Still, I think if you knew the game a little better, you would see the game started moving away from violently taking out catchers a while ago. Mostly initiated by the players themselves.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, I see...you're a Padres fan. I guess that's as good as an excuse as any other. Still, I think if you knew the game a little better, you would see the game started moving away from violently taking out catchers a while ago. Mostly initiated by the players themselves.

Oh, is that so? Then why are the Giants bitching so loud about it and demanding rules changes? You know the game so well by simple virtue of the fact that you're a Giants fan so please, educate this humble Padres fan! :suds:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hold your horses, bossman...

You started the "sneering and jeering" while talking about Buster "sucking his thumb" and saying how Giants are "Bitching" about a dirty play that almost ended the career of a young star in the league.

Well, I guess that is is typical jealous mudslinging by loser Padre fans. I am used to it.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was "sneering and jeering" Buster and the Giants, not a member expressing his opinion.

I'm not jealous of your payroll or track record with exploiting PEDs for wins. And it wasn't a dirty play at all. Good thing "Buster" wasn't playing when Pete Rose was or he'd never walk again.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was "sneering and jeering" Buster and the Giants, not a member expressing his opinion.

I'm not jealous of your payroll or track record with exploiting PEDs for wins. And it wasn't a dirty play at all. Good thing "Buster" wasn't playing when Pete Rose was or he'd never walk again.

Sorry, I did not realize the Padres DFA'd Grandal and Cabrera. I must have missed those transactions in the paper.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I did not realize the Padres DFA'd Grandal and Cabrera. I must have missed those transactions in the paper.

You gotta be kidding me, man! :laugh3: Giants fans can be totally shameless but I'll take you any day over the typical Angels fan who never heard of Rod Carew.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read this whole thread but the difference between C and 2B is that the runner has to stay on the bag at second and the runner just has to touch the plate. If the runner bowls over the second basemen chances are he is coming off the bag and will be out.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta be kidding me, man! :laugh3: Giants fans can be totally shameless but I'll take you any day over the typical Angels fan who never heard of Rod Carew.

bobby Grich was my favorite.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How so?

The Giants completely cut ties with Melky (a HUGE fan fav before he tested positive) even though he was having an MVP caliber season.

The Padres have TWO starters who are dripping with the stuff still on their roster.

Oh, you mean Mota? The guy who EVEN THE LEAGUE said it was an innocent (if stupid) mistake? What number is he wearing in Giants camp this spring?

Oh, you mean the Giants are guilty (just like 29 other teams in the league) of having the stink on them over the last 30 years, BUT THEY WIN, unlike the Padres, so the Padres are cool with it? Even though they have the stink as well?.

Gotcha.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh, is that so? Then why are the Giants bitching so loud about it and demanding rules changes? You know the game so well by simple virtue of the fact that you're a Giants fan so please, educate this humble Padres fan! :suds:

The Giants are acknowledging a change already well underway. The fact that they're gaining any traction at all shows that. No team or player would have even thought of proposing a rule change 25 years ago. Just take off your fanboy glasses for a moment and think about how many times you've seen a player take out a catcher in the way that was routine in the "old days".

And no, I don't know the game because I'm a Giants fan, I just happen to be a Giants fan. But I have yet to meet a Padres' fan who knew much about the inside details of baseball. Believe me, there are plenty of Giants fans who demonstrate as much ignorance as anyone else here.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

BS. I gave you a chance to respond in an intelligent, informed way, but you chose to mock Buster's "manhood" instead. Really, this whole thread is nothing more than you trolling your own site. Kind of pathetic, if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First this.

But I have yet to meet a Padres' fan who knew much about the inside details of baseball.

The "inside details of baseball." :rollseyes: Gimme a fuckin' break.

Then this.

Really, this whole thread is nothing more than you trolling your own site. Kind of pathetic, if you ask me.

blsht.jpg

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
First this.

The "inside details of baseball." :rollseyes: Gimme a fuckin' break.

Then this.

blsht.jpg

Pretty classless for an Admin to post as you have on this thread. I have no problem with Padres fans...and have been to the litterbox a few times for games. But you're coming off as a junior high kid on this thread...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS. I gave you a chance to respond in an intelligent, informed way, but you chose to mock Buster's "manhood" instead. Really, this whole thread is nothing more than you trolling your own site. Kind of pathetic, if you ask me.

Ah, GP....miss ya bro. Even when, hell ESPECIALLY when, we disagree.

I still maintain that home plate collisions are illegal.