• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Holy Moly! Give it a REST!!!

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins broke the franchise's passing records this year that he set last year.
8 Redskins had 500 yards from scrimmage as a result of the way KC operated the offense.
2 wrs had 1,000 yard seasons.
The offense was top 5 in the league all year long.
The team had back to back winning records for the first time in 20 years.
Tom Freakin' Boswell thinks the team is progressing!
The offensive coordinator is being scouted for a head coaching position by the rams. That only happens if KC does his job.

This all happened despite:
Having a terrible running game featuring an undrafted rookie.
Having the absolute worst defense in the league.
Having statistically one of the worst third down defenses of all time.
Having invested almost zero high level draft picks on defense.

There is nobody else that can come in and do as good a job as KC has done this past 1.5 seasons.
KC is GOING to get paid.
KC DESERVES whatever money he gets.

Move on.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did throw that game losing INT vs NY tho.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup,sure did. I wonder if Stafford has ever done that?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 Redskins had 500 yards from scrimmage as a result of the way KC operated the offense.
The team had back to back winning records for the first time in 20 years.
The offensive coordinator is being scouted for a head coaching position by the rams. That only happens if KC does his job.

This all happened despite:

There is nobody else that can come in and do as good a job as KC has done this past 1.5 seasons.
KC is GOING to get paid.

Move on.
Chillerdab, I guess you haven't heard, but there are a ton of QBs out there that would have thrown for 6000 yds with all of the weapons on this team and could be signed for a large sub at Subway. Oh, and not having a running game or no defense is just an excuse.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup,sure did. I wonder if Stafford has ever done that?

Stafford was a #1 over all pick though, so he gets a pass on those kinds of plays.

IM just saying

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford was a #1 over all pick though, so he gets a pass on those kinds of plays.

IM just saying
Plus, he never had any receiving talent, just this guy they called Megatron.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing:

I really and truly don't give a flying fuck if KC is signed to $20, $22, or $24 million dollars, as it is NOT MY MONEY. What I do care about is seeing competent quarterback play,something we haven't seen in 20 years, minus RG3's rookie season pre-injury in a gimmick offense.

Pay the man.
Fix the defense.
Find a rb.
Compete for.the division.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing:

I really and truly don't give a flying fuck if KC is signed to $20, $22, or $24 million dollars, as it is NOT MY MONEY. What I do care about is seeing competent about play,something g we haven't seen in 20 years, minus RG3's rookie season pre-injury in a gimmick offense.

Pay the man.
Fix the defense.
Find a rb.
Compete for.the division.
Now you are just talking gibberish. Why dont we just spend all of our resources on the next elite qb? I mean, after all, an elite QB doesn't need a defense, right? He just elevates the play of everyone on the team to superstar status. Really, will KC ever be able to do that?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh I'm not touching this one lol that's gonna go downhill real fast.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chillerdab is spot on. My thoughts exactly

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My final thoughts on the subject. KC would start, without a doubt on the following teams:

Miami
Buffalo
NYJ
CLEVELAND
Houston
Jax
Denver
KC
vikes
Bears
Rams
Niners

That's 10 teams that KC would definitely make better at qb.
You could argue that you could add the chargers, Bengals, eagles, giants, bucks,and cardinals to that list based on the last year and a half stats, all of which show KC to be a better qb.

That's ten teams that are DEFINITELY in a worse situation at q.v. than the redskins, (the chiefs being perhaps the only exception), that would.gladly pay KC $24 million for his level.of production this last year and a half.

It's not an option, and it's not even close. Pay the man.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My final thoughts on the subject. KC would start, without a doubt on the following teams:

Miami
Buffalo
NYJ
CLEVELAND
Houston
Jax
Denver
KC
vikes
Bears
Rams
Niners

That's 10 teams that KC would definitely make better at qb.
You could argue that you could add the chargers, Bengals, eagles, giants, bucks,and cardinals to that list based on the last year and a half stats, all of which show KC to be a better qb.

That's ten teams that are DEFINITELY in a worse situation at q.v. than the redskins, (the chiefs being perhaps the only exception), that would.gladly pay KC $24 million for his level.of production this last year and a half.

It's not an option, and it's not even close. Pay the man.

Why does 10 teams being worse off at QB mean we have to commit to him?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And?

Sounds like a great array of weapons. Any QB would be fortunate to have that many options at his disposal.

Yeah, that was cool.

The red zone QB rating of the Skins was 26th. Or the opposite of top 5 in a 32 team league. The 25 team passing TDs ranked 14th in the lague. The league average for team passinging TDs this year was 24.56.The Redskins were average in this category.

The team had back to back winning records for the first time in 20 years

Yesh, that was cool, really cool. How much cooler do you think it would've been. Iif that top 5 Redskins offense led by that top tier Redskin QB. Doesn't play like a week old used tampon that a St Bernard with a bad case of the runs shits all over with a playoff berth on the line?

OK.

Cousins gets the credit for this to eh. Maybe the Rams should hire him to HC.

I've had my issues with the running game, but terrible, please. Not surprising though as well as the posts popping up saying they need to replace Kelley or replace Kelley and Thompson. Never mind that when the Skins run the ball 20 or more times a game, mostly runs by these terrible RBs as well as contributions from Kirk. The Skins are 8-1-1. And when they play hero ball with Kirk and he puts up those stats, 300+ yard passing games, that give some of y'all woodies and cause you to think Cuz is a top 5, elite QB, they were 1-5-1.

I imagine a lot of the negatively towards the Skins RBs are due to the game they had yesterday. I wonder if Skins know that the Giants have the 3rd ranked run defense in football and that their NG, Damon Harrison, is a monster against the run. They are ranked 23rd against the pass though. Maybe tha's why the Skins tried to put the game in Cuz's hands.

No, they don't and it wasn't even necessary to put all that on it. The Skins defense regardless of their ranking is full on outright shitty and terrible in their own right. Everyone already knows that. It makes for a better narrative though that Cuz has no fuckin help whatsoever and has to do it all on his own. If they are the absolute worst defense in the league I suppose.

Word.

As good a job at what? Putting up stats? Maybe not, but I give a shit about that. I'd rather see see more TDs and more wins, damn everything else. We'll never find out, but off the top of my head. Give Wilson, Luck, Carr, Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben and Brees 2 years in the same system with the same players and I'd like their chances, everyone of them, to put up 17 Ws, same as Kirk and very likely more. Mariotta, Winston and Cam might be able to make it work. And after thinking on it, why not Taylor to. His skillset would mesh well with this offense I think. So would his long ball skills and Gruden would probably be good for him like he was good for Kirk.

KC is GOING to get paid.

Sure, I can get with that. Osweiller, Matt Flynn, Scott Mitchell and probably a dozen others none of who had near the resume that Kirk has all got paid.

Moving on.....................[/QUOTE]

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really saying the Redskins running game doesn't have issues? This was hardly just last week, it's been an ongoing problem all year. Do you remember a worse team on short yardage? Me either.

Not saying it's all on Kelly but just as I said with Jones, even without his fumbles, when you took an honest look and compare them with all the starting RBs throughout the league both of those guys are well below average. Now Chris Thompson, that's a different story. Dude's been great in all phases for two years.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a follow up the run game was a big reason we struggled in the red zone. Remember the days when first and goal at the 5 meant hammering it in around here? It is simply no longer the case, when they tried they got stuffed nearly every time. Obviously it's a blocking issue for the most part there but they need upgrades on the line and at RB.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a follow up the run game was a big reason we struggled in the red zone. Remember the days when first and goal at the 5 meant hammering it in around here? It is simply no longer the case, when they tried they got stuffed nearly every time. Obviously it's a blocking issue for the most part there but they need upgrades on the line and at RB.

Yep & upgrading the blocking does not simply mean going out and getting more lineman. It may be as simple as improving the ones who are already on the team (and perhaps supplementing this w/ another lineman or two but not necessarily high $$ ones or high picks). This could involve getting more play out of some of the guys who had lesser roles this season.

Remember - they have one of the best O line coaches in the league. He is certainly capable of improving the run blocking to match their improvement in the pass area over the past 2 seasons.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these guys want KC gone

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really saying the Redskins running game doesn't have issues?

Breed said:
I've had my issues with the running game,

That's ^^^^^^^^ the very first sentence after the claim that the running game is terrible featuring an undrafted rookie.

I even posted about such in another thread naming said issues as goal to go or goal line situations and short yardage situations.

I was told by 2 other posters, one of whom just told a lie abpout me in this thread, that I need to focus on the Skins yards per carry stat. To which I responded I'd gladly take a lower yards per carry stat for more success in goal to go and short yardage situations.

So in response to the question "Are you really saying the Redskins running game doesn't have issues?"

Nope. Nor have I insinuated such, but to claim they are terrible is bullshit and imo has been done for one reason and one reason only. To support the narrative that KC has no help or support whatsoever which imo is more bullshit.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these guys want KC gone

These guys never said that or at the least, this guy never said that.

I'm not super-gluing, then reinforcing it with duct tape and adding a strip of velco to keep myself attached to Cuz's nutsack either. Not that there's anything wrong with that.