• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hockey viewership bouncing back

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting numbers....

"The NHL proudly notes that on May 7, when the Bruins and Celtics both had playoff games and the Red Sox were facing the Yankees, it was the hockey game that drew the most viewers in the Boston area. Game 4 of the Bruins-Flyers series attracted 328,000 viewers on Versus, the baseball game on local network NESN had 223,000, and Cavaliers-Celtics Game 3 averaged 142,000 on ESPN."

Read the complete story....

NHL viewership bouncing back from lockout doldrums - NHL - CBSSports.com Hockey

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it sounds like the baseball game did best seeing as it was just a local network. the basketball game got horrible ratings though. espn will not admit it although hockey is growing rapidly in popularity.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW! Those are totally unexpected numbers. It's good to see the fan base is so strong. I wonder what effect the epic collapse will have on the fans.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW! Those are totally unexpected numbers. It's good to see the fan base is so strong. I wonder what effect the epic collapse will have on the fans.

I like to think that hockey fans tend to stick with their team through thick and thin. Not wrapping things up against the Flyers stings, but Bruins fans will be back and just as strong come October.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they will be fine. The Red Sox have always been number one in Boston right?

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will be fine. The Red Sox have always been number one in Boston right?

Yes, Boston will always be a baseball 1st town. The Patriots have a waiting list for season tickets, not sure about the Bruins or Celtics, but I don't think the Bruins sold out every game this season, I could be wrong though

falconski

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it sounds like the baseball game did best seeing as it was just a local network. the basketball game got horrible ratings though. espn will not admit it although hockey is growing rapidly in popularity.

it's in the Boston area so I don't think it really matters that the baseball game was on a local station