• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HOCKEY MAFIA ALERT

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do find though that disagreement here gets you labelled a troll quickly though. Especially in the NFL side of things.

There's a few bullies, but I've learned some things and had some really good discussions and that's what forums are for, right?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero interest in debating it. I don't doubt he's a good guy but he didn't like it here, he let everyone know it and used our PM system to recruit others to leave to. Either way, it's a complete non-issue.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shouldn't go throwing falsehoods around here. He hasn't asked anybody to do anything as far as I know, and for all we know he may not want back at all.

But if we're being completely fair here, I as well as numerous others wouldn't be at the Hoop were it not for him letting us know about it, and while I doubt it's a lot in the grand scheme of things that is still increased traffic for the site.

I tend to stick to the hockey boards and I'd say by and large it's been an enjoyable experience, and I have no idea what goes on elsewhere on this site so I can't speak to any anti-anything that might've been going on, but unless the guy was making racist or sexually offensive remarks, or threatening people, or spamming with advertisements for his West Coast Lawn Bowling Invitational Tournament (and having known him for as long as I have I am quite certain he was doing none of the above) maybe banning him permanently was more a reactionary move than anything else?

You guys got a pretty good setup here, it seems to be a pretty popular place and while not being dumb enough to pretend to know your financials I'm guessing the place is doing well enough to stay afloat comfortably. If banning him was about protectionism as you seemed to be inferring, I'd just say the best way to keep a site popular is to showcase the content within it and not give a shit about what the rest are doing. Nuck may not have been everybody's cup of tea but I doubt he was offending anybody other than the extremely thin-skinned, and I would know - I'm a Leaf fan and the man wakes up in the morning with visions of torturing my soul dancing in his head.

Well said!

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the next statement is the answer.

He didn't like it here and made that known.

I've heard from him. I think he'd like to jump back in if you'll let him. I've been on a few sites he's been on with no issues. I know there have been a couple of run in's here especially on the football threads. Some guys can get pretty extreme and I think Canuck may have had a run in or two with a mod over it. Water under the bridge, we all lose it from time to time.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never had a problem with the guy...he's the reason I'm here since FanNation closed down. Sounds like he butchered someone's pet. What the hell happened?

I've actually broken bread with him twice.

Decent bloke. A wee bit irrational with his hatred of all things Toronto and Dallas but aside from that....

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shouldn't go throwing falsehoods around here. He hasn't asked anybody to do anything as far as I know, and for all we know he may not want back at all.

But if we're being completely fair here, I as well as numerous others wouldn't be at the Hoop were it not for him letting us know about it, and while I doubt it's a lot in the grand scheme of things that is still increased traffic for the site.

I tend to stick to the hockey boards and I'd say by and large it's been an enjoyable experience, and I have no idea what goes on elsewhere on this site so I can't speak to any anti-anything that might've been going on, but unless the guy was making racist or sexually offensive remarks, or threatening people, or spamming with advertisements for his West Coast Lawn Bowling Invitational Tournament (and having known him for as long as I have I am quite certain he was doing none of the above) maybe banning him permanently was more a reactionary move than anything else?

You guys got a pretty good setup here, it seems to be a pretty popular place and while not being dumb enough to pretend to know your financials I'm guessing the place is doing well enough to stay afloat comfortably. If banning him was about protectionism as you seemed to be inferring, I'd just say the best way to keep a site popular is to showcase the content within it and not give a shit about what the rest are doing. Nuck may not have been everybody's cup of tea but I doubt he was offending anybody other than the extremely thin-skinned, and I would know - I'm a Leaf fan and the man wakes up in the morning with visions of torturing my soul dancing in his head.

I heard about the site from a guy who got banned too. Atro from FN. Knowing Atro as I do I have zero doubt he earned the banning

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've actually broken bread with him twice.

Decent bloke. A wee bit irrational with his hatred of all things Toronto and Dallas but aside from that....

Speaking of which, do we pounce and pounce quickly tonight? Or do we screw the pooch drop a ugly one on national TV?

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point! I wouldn't have had a clue about this place if Canuck hadn't recruited me.

As for the Leafs thing well.........that makes me chuckle.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't fear internet bullies.

But I do find it funny when I get labelled a troll purely for disent...

My advice would be to stay off the Cowboys board and post like mad in the NFL General board where opinionated characters are welcomed.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point! I wouldn't have had a clue about this place if Canuck hadn't recruited me.

As for the Leafs thing well.........that makes me chuckle.

Nice little tribute Saturday on HNIC. Nicely done, although I had to cut out and get my free NHL Center Ice Rangers game.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero interest in debating it. I don't doubt he's a good guy but he didn't like it here, he let everyone know it and used our PM system to recruit others to leave to. Either way, it's a complete non-issue.

And it's absolutely your right to not rescind the ban, but I should state that while he let me know he was using another site at the same time he was here, he never ever told me to leave Hoop nor did he make any derogatory remarks about anybody in particular. I'll admit that if there's a rulebook for SH I've never read it, but if he was banned simply for telling a few folks about another site that's a pretty heavy sentence. Also gotta question the tact of viewing users' PM's? Seems to scorn the definition of a PM...

I'm as close to the guy as anybody and he never once told me to leave Hoop, nor would I have had he asked me to much as I doubt anyone else would.

Anyway, like Hank and I said he hasn't asked for any of this and as I stated above you're certainly entitled to use your powers as you please. Those were just a few things worth clearing up.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fear the 3 smurfy receivers.

I suspect a game much close than we'd like with Dallas winning.

As you have been aware, I've been away from the fold, is RG3 back? Who is there QB nowadays?

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My advice would be to stay off the Cowboys board and post like mad in the NFL General board where opinionated characters are welcomed.

That's probably why I have no clue what the hell happened. I stick to the NHL boards and eat my Rick Dipietro crow on a daily basis from guys like DL and any Rangers fan. I can imagine the hate on the other boards like the NFL is 100 times worse.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not singling you out by any means, Hank, but in my experience, it's not often the message, but how the message is delivered and whether or not there has been repeated delivery of the same message.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't fear internet bullies.

At that point there isn't much you can do but ignore and engage those with slightly more slack for a good discussion.

Also, as a Leafs fan, I will not give one fuck if somebody takes offence to me cracking jokes about shitty teams. Earned these god damned stripes.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's probably why I have no clue what the hell happened. I stick to the NHL boards and eat my Rick Dipietro crow on a daily basis from guys like DL and any Rangers fan. I can imagine the hate on the other boards like the NFL is 100 times worse.

Woah, correction. I never gave you hell about Rickety and his pink glove and pads; nor his crickety hip.

:noidea:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's where I've found the most fun, The General Forum.

Buit man oh man, Seahawks fans are like pimples on Prom night they just keep popping up all indignant and what not.